SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Sage User

Fanart doesnt display on HD200

The Fanart (boxshots and backgrounds) doesn't display on my HD200 extenders, I get the Movie synopsis and titles. Also there are some corrupted symbols under some of the titles on the coverflow view. The movies play fine.

If I RDP onto the sage server, the fanart is displayed properly.

I'm using BMT/Phoenix to get the backgrounds.

I have rebuild the database and re-installed the plugin, but still doesnt work. Any ideas ?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alland View Post
The Fanart (boxshots and backgrounds) doesn't display on my HD200 extenders, I get the Movie synopsis and titles. Also there are some corrupted symbols under some of the titles on the coverflow view. The movies play fine.

If I RDP onto the sage server, the fanart is displayed properly.

I'm using BMT/Phoenix to get the backgrounds.

I have rebuild the database and re-installed the plugin, but still doesnt work. Any ideas ?
Did you allow time for the fanart from phoenix to scale? It can take a good amount of time if it is a large collection to completely scale it for the extender. Also you settings could be different on the extender than the server. There are lots of reasons why you could see it on one and not the other.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Sage User

Scaling of Fanart

I only have 38 DVDs in this collection and I have left it three days to scale.

I notice the "clapperboard" icon is in the tray at the top of the UI, is that supposed to go away when the scan is completed ?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I only have 38 DVDs in this collection and I have left it three days to scale.

I notice the "clapperboard" icon is in the tray at the top of the UI, is that supposed to go away when the scan is completed ?
Yes it is shouldn't take that long...try stopping the sagetv service

delete the entire sagetv folder form the mymoviesshare\sagetv

restart the service

give it about 30 minutes and try again.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Sage User

MyMovies API Failed

I tried deleting the directory. Then unistalled and re-installed the plugin.

The plugin list now says that the MyMovies API has "failed" and the Mymovies plugin is "disabled"
Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 AM
Sage User

Refer to this thread. Maybe your problem is the same. If you do have the same problem, remember to pay attention to the image size and post the information for PLUCKYHD

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50187
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Hmmm funny I don't remember saying to reinstall

But yeah I'll need to see some logs to tell why it is failing sounds like you might have a bad image or two.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Hmmm funny I don't remember saying to reinstall

But yeah I'll need to see some logs to tell why it is failing sounds like you might have a bad image or two.
Going round the install / unistall loop the plugin is reporting that its enabled again. Still only get fanart in the server (remote desktop) not on the HD200s

I have attached the log. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMyMovies - Copy.zip (339.1 KB, 190 views)
Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

What is in the extender folder under sagetv/sagetv

and what does information say in the SMM interface for the extender (first 2 lines)

I am not seeing anything wrong in the logs but this smm.Searchcom.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The connection is closed.

which leads me to believe you are having some sql server issues. Do you leave the mymovies tray app running?
Old 08-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage User

The extender folder has two folders - backdrops and posters - both empty.

The desktop folder has a posters folder, containing posters for the movies I have manually identified in Mymovies client.

The Mymovies app is running in the tray on the SageTV server. I can also access the database from a Mymovies client PC on the network.

The first two lines on the extender are

Fanart Local to current Instance
Fanart Location c:\ProgramData\My Movies\FileStorage

I have SQLServer Management studio on the Server but cant see anything unusual.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

If there is nothing in the extenders backdrop folder then you have a corrupt image somewhere in your Phoenix backdrop collection I would guess.

You should also have a covers folder under there if not then the issues lies in the main covers folder

Somewhere you have a corrupt image now finding it is a different story. That will require more loggin on my part if you can't find it manually.

What do mean mean desktop has posters for movies you have manually identified?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Sage User

There is a covers and backdrop folder under the \filestorage\ directory but not under SageTV or the Extender folder.

Some new issues today. On the extender and Server the UI for MyMovies is corrupted, see screenshot below. On the extender I was able to navigate to the options and change the Theme, which brought it back.

I will look through the Phoenix fanart to see if there is anything weird. But why wouldn't the extender show the boxshots from MyMovies either ?

In my collection I have some PVR files (rather than DVD rips) which aren't recognised by MyMovies unless I manually search and find them. While testing I have only tagged a few of the files.

I'm wondering if I should delete and re-install the MyMovies client/server and start again ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg server-mymovies.jpg (282.2 KB, 232 views)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Can't help much without a log on why it is doing that, but that is usually a bad theme going on. Also your not getting covers because something is corrupt in your covers folder more than likely it is probably there and not in phoenix.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Sage User

Some progress.

I un-installed MyMovies and the plugin, deleted the filestorage directory. Re-installed everything.

I can now get backgrounds and posters in the SagetV (on the server) and the HD200. Only one cover shows up on the server SageTV (the first one in the list) , nothing on the HD200s.
There are several images in the main covers folder but none in the extender\covers folder.

Loks great when it works !

I will keep experimenting.

A couple of suggestions:

The fonts are quite small for things like the movie descriptions and are hard to read even on my 50 and 65 inch TVs.

There is some wasted UI real estate on the right hand side of the backgrounds. The folder suggests they are scaled to 1024 x 576. Is this the right size ?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Some progress.

I un-installed MyMovies and the plugin, deleted the filestorage directory. Re-installed everything.

I can now get backgrounds and posters in the SagetV (on the server) and the HD200. Only one cover shows up on the server SageTV (the first one in the list) , nothing on the HD200s.
There are several images in the main covers folder but none in the extender\covers folder.

Loks great when it works !

I will keep experimenting.

A couple of suggestions:

The fonts are quite small for things like the movie descriptions and are hard to read even on my 50 and 65 inch TVs.

There is some wasted UI real estate on the right hand side of the backgrounds. The folder suggests they are scaled to 1024 x 576. Is this the right size ?
I still say you have a corrupt image somewhere that mymovies has on their server. If everyone was having this issue I promise you would see it everywhere

Fonts are adjustable on most screens and the ones that aren't won't be I have no issue reading any of them on 42" smaller tvs may have some issues.

No idea what you mean by this 1024x576 is the max the extender UI resolution is so that is correct. If it is not taking up the full screen then your overscan settings in sagetv must not be right.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I finally found where I was throwing an error I should have caught. This should fix it if it is indeed a corrupt file scaling issue. I will try and get a update this afternoon to the api for it.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I finally found where I was throwing an error I should have caught. This should fix it if it is indeed a corrupt file scaling issue. I will try and get a update this afternoon to the api for it.
Api version 1.17 is out there now which should catch any scaling errors and just skip that file now.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Sage User

Plucky

All working now, thanks for your help.

You were right about the overscan settings. I hadn't realised that the standalone HD200 Overscan settings don't transfer over to the SageTV connected UI, or in fact how far out they can be. The regular SageTV UI stretches quite far to the right so you dont realise you are "off the edge"

Cheers
Allan