SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

SMM API install keeps failing

Any suggestions? I've uninstalled restarted and attempted to reinstall but the API part of the plugin keeps saying Failed.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Yup got someone else with it too damnit I just changed one thing I am trying to resolve.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay new api build 1.18 up there download that and all should be well. Bad zip on my part.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Sage User

Anyone else still have problems with this using V1.18? The UI status still shows failed after installing.

When I check out the logs in \program files(x86)\SageTV\SageTV\logs for both SageMyMovies.log & sagex-api.log, nothing jumps out at me on why it is failing. Somewhere else I should look?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

SMM Disabled

I'm having the same issue. I have installed & uninstalled SMM multiple times from my HD200 & it always says disabled, if I try to enable it, it says it is missing a dependency or the plugin is broken. it says it is version 1.14
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I need to see logs to help...what version is the smm-API under general?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Pluckyhd:

The Version of SMM API under General shows as 1.18 & Shows as Failed.

Log sent to SageMyMovies@Gmail.com

Thanks for this app !!

Bruce
Server: Intel DH55HC MB, Intel Core i5-661 CPU, 4 GB Corsair PC3 10666 RAM, 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4s (Comcast), RocketRAID 2740 16PORT SAS 6.0Gb Controller, 2.56TB TV Storage (4 WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA 6.0Gb Drives), 8.5TB Movie Storage, Norco 4220 Case, Corsair HX750 PS, W7 Professional (Windows Media Center), TunerSalad Foot Long, My Channel Logos, & MYMovies.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TBird View Post
Hi Pluckyhd:

The Version of SMM API under General shows as 1.18 & Shows as Failed.

Log sent to SageMyMovies@Gmail.com

Thanks for this app !!

Bruce
I didn't get a email..please be sure and send the server log and themymovies log if you are having this issue.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry Plucky, add me to the list too, I was on a relativley clean install still setting up things on my new sage box, tried to disable, delete downloaded files, reboot, etc but same error on api each time and then of course the gui plugin is disabled.

log sent

edit: api version 1.180, mymovies 3.16

Last edited by mr_lore; 09-08-2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: version
Old 09-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same here.
Tried re install many times until I gave up.
API 1.18
MyMovies 3.15
Old 09-08-2010, 07:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M View Post
Same here.
Tried re install many times until I gave up.
API 1.18
MyMovies 3.15
George your still on my list I promise Your might be related as well. Could you send me your latest sagetv0.txt log from trying to install the new build I have more logging in there and I want to make sure yours is the same issue.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Sage User

Thanks!

Plucky-

First of all, I want to thank you so much for your efforts. Your taking the time to create software that will allow me to have the coolness and features of "My Movies" on SageTV is the reason that I purchased the v.7 upgrade for my 100 and also ordered a 300.

Besides just having the richness, comprehesiveness of information and flat-out coolness of having the "My Movies" interface on our SageTV, it will be great for us because I am always having to go to the computer to look under under My Movies to see the movie ratings... PG, R, PG-13 etc, before deciding on what family movie to play on the TV via SageTV.

Your work will be a huge time/trouble saver and make family decisions on which movie to watch SOOO much enjoyable and easier.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat with the API failure issue.

I have tried all of the above and even tried to install the separately via the "General" plugin tab, with no success.

However, I know that you are working hard on this and I want you to know how much I appreciate your time.

It seems that many of us experiencing this problem are trying to use your creation on the old 100... do you think that the failure it has something to do with the old hardware? Curiously, my 100 will not play your videos either... that's what makes my think that maybe the API issue may have something to do with "obsolete" hardware. The firmware on my 100 is the latest... though who knows... maybe THAT's the issue! I'm tempted to give a "restore to defaults" because I want this to work so much! But what a PITA that would be.

Additionally, I've searched for your 1.18 API download online to install it directly on my server, but can't find a link. Thought that may be the way to go for now.

Thanks again for all that you are doing. However, you REALLY should consider coming up with a way to give yourself some compensation for your time, work and effort on this project. ESPECIALLY once you have it down solid for everyone.

There is a fellow who made a cool plugin for WHS (can't remember which one, but it is great) and he asks only for users to put some credit on his Starbucks card... I bet that guy has enough Starbucks credit to buy the fanciest of coffees for all of his family and friends for the rest of his life... as it should be!

Anyhow, I definitely would want to contribute something that would make you and your family a little bit happier in return for what you are doing to make my family a little bit happier. Just think about it, will ya?

I hear you when you say that you need a "log" to help you identify the issue, however, I must admit that I do not know how to do that.

I'm pretty confident that whatever my issue is, is probably the same as everyone elses. So I will keep checking back to see if there is a fix.

Thanks again and don't get discouraged or even worse, give up for goodness sakes!

Joe Mac

Last edited by Joe Mac; 09-10-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Joe thanks for the kind words. As of yet I don't have any intentions for charging.

Your issue says the API is failing but then you said movies won't play...if the API is failing then you can't go into smm. Either way see the sticky with wikis on error and log reporting and send me your log. Never assume would hate for you to have to wait for another build.

Out of curiosity did your mymovies trail just expire?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Sage User

Plucky-

After 19+ years in the military, I thought myself as altruisic, but you take the cake!

I hope that I have sent you want you need to identify the issue.

I've had the "full version" of My Movies for years... 2500 points with the ability to burn DVD's and music CD's, so I don't think that is an issue. I love My Movies as much as you seem to!

Thanks again and let me know if I am missing anything.

Best regards,

Joe Mac
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Sage User

Darn, I forgot to mention... I have no issues playing my videos via SageTV. Except for your files concerning Sage My Movies. You know how the plugin page states that you have a website, videos, etc? I think you have three videos regarding Sage My Movies. Anyway, when I click to download and view them, SageTV goes through the buffering thing, but ends in player mode with a 0:00 length file.

I just intalled v.7 and have not tried any other plugins under the new plugin feature other than yours, so I don't know if any other "authors" downloadable videos about their plugins will work or not.

R,

Joe Mac
Old 09-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Sage User

I'm getting the same failed message on a new setup.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Sage User

I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. I first installed 1.18 from General section and it failed. After uninstalling, I installed version 1.14 from the UI Mod section. When doing this I know get the My Movies entry under Videos. Selecting anything from My Movies gives an SQL Connection Error.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to install the ui mod that automatically installs the general an other libraries that are necessary.

If you are getting a SQL error then you probably don't have mymovies client running on that pc.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Plucky,

I am also having the error with the api saying failed.

Thanks,
Q
Old 09-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You need to install the ui mod that automatically installs the general an other libraries that are necessary.

If you are getting a SQL error then you probably don't have mymovies client running on that pc.
My Movies is running fine on the pc. Is the version on UI mod suppose to be 1.14 or 1.18?