SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolaus View Post
Any chance we could get Diamond Theme to support the SlimPlayer plugin? The plugin works correctly but the surrounding box on the right side isn't quite right.
We can't really do that because we would then have to include the slim player plugin in ours. The developer of that get with us for a fix. We can't supply changes to other peoples addins very easily.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Diamond Theme Preview

Here is a quick slide show of the theme options (and sub themes) included in the next release of the Diamond UI Mod and Theme (very very close...)

When released you will find them under Setup/Detailed Setup/Advanced/Select the User Interface Theme/

Sorry no fancy video ;o)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8067076/Diam...iew/index.html

(Requires Flash)
Old 12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

New Version

The new version should be going live today. A couple of things to take note of
  • Be sure and uninstall the current UI mod and Theme as the new version is just one plugin to avoid people from just running the theme
  • On first load of banners or DiamondWall or DiamondFlow Diamond must scale and cache all your phoenix fanart this will take some time on first load. Seen it take up to about 10 minutes. You will just get the circle of death but just wait and it should load. This is only done the first time.
  • To get the best benefit out of our tv mod in the episode list I recomend changing to sorting by Season/episode
  • Default Cache Location for Diamond is sagetv install folder \cache\DiamondImages\\ this can be changed via the property JOrton\CacheLocation. This cache is per client/extender and is needed for proper operation and speed. Especially on extenders and clients.

Good luck and hope people enjoy and follow these directions!!

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 12-06-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

Bring it on!

BTW, guys excellent work on everything we've seen so far. Can't wait to give your newest version a test drive.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

Diamond V2.0 has been updated.

Please remember to uninstall the original Diamond UI Mod and the original Diamond Theme before installing V2.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
The new version should be going live today. A couple of things to take note of
  • Be sure and uninstall the current UI mod and Theme as the new version is just one plugin to avoid people from just running the theme
  • On first load of banners or DiamondWall or DiamondFlow Diamond must scale and cache all your phoenix fanart this will take some time on first load. Seen it take up to about 10 minutes. You will just get the circle of death but just wait and it should load. This is only done the first time.
  • To get the best benefit out of our tv mod in the episode list I recomend changing to sorting by Season/episode
  • Default Cache Location for Diamond is sagetv install folder \cache\DiamondImages\\ this can be changed via the property JOrton\CacheLocation. This cache is per client/extender and is needed for proper operation and speed. Especially on extenders and clients.

Good luck and hope people enjoy and follow these directions!!
Can you let me know how much space the cache could take up with 3-4 extenders? WHS user here and needing all the space I have on C:
Old 12-06-2010, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
Can you let me know how much space the cache could take up with 3-4 extenders? WHS user here and needing all the space I have on C:
Depends on collection size. But all extenders use the same cache so it will be only one time.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, there's a lot to take in. Care to give a tour of whats new?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Please remember to uninstall the original Diamond UI Mod and the original Diamond Theme before installing V2.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Does anything happen if you don't remove the previous version? I didn't check out the forums and just installed as soon as I got the upgrade available notice.

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client
Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
Does anything happen if you don't remove the previous version? I didn't check out the forums and just installed as soon as I got the upgrade available notice.
Should be okay actually. I tried it
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Wow, there's a lot to take in. Care to give a tour of whats new?
I will give from a coding Jorton can from the themes

TV-Most options available from the diamond options
  • Added support for season and series banners
  • Added support for season screen
  • Added support to sort episodes by season/episode numbers
  • Added support for modified Diamond Info
  • Added support for removal/customization of watched/recorded count
  • Added filters for Playon and Imported TV
  • Add support for Playon and imported TV to be shown in all groups or not
  • Added Playon and Imported TV items to main menu
  • Added daimond play options (to resume and play sereis from last watched or newest. only works when sorting by season/episodes
  • Added support to define number of rows sepearte in episode list from other tv list.

Movies
  • Added DiamondFlow View and DiamondWall view
  • Added filters to views and sorts available by hitting options
  • In Wall view info tab can be toggeld on/off with info button

I am sure I left out some stuff but that is the main points
Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

NICE! Thanks much guys for your work on this Now to spend some fun time getting a grip on what the changes are

One thing... I too installed it from the Sage UI prior to visiting the forums where I just read I should uninstall the old version first. DOH! Mine didn't work (really weird stuff happening) but appears to have fixed itself after shutting down Sage and restarting the service.

A suggestion for next time maybe...

Whenever I install or update a plugin, I always read the "Plugin Details" from the Plugin menu and see what the release notes say. For this one all it said was something like "Version two of Diamond". This is a very good place to put the information like "Version two of Diamond. Please first uninstall previous versions prior to installing this version. See the forum for details!" or something along those lines. I think a number of people, like myself, do read the "Plugin Details" and release notes prior to installing plugins. In this case it appears to not really have mattered but if it really did matter, I think a lot of people would "break" things because when you turn on your TV and have the little notification that indicates an update is available, you think "Cool!!! Let me try this out!" and never go to the forums. Anyway, just a suggestion for next time

Thanks guys! Gonna go play now! hahahaa
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Whenever I install or update a plugin, I always read the "Plugin Details" from the Plugin menu and see what the release notes say.
This won't happen again this is because we moved from one pluging to 2. So you won't see this happen again.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Sage Icon

One thing I noticed. When increasing the number of rows in the recordings screen, the watched/recorded count starts to disappear off the bottom of the banners. I tried adjusting the font size, but it didn't help.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
One thing I noticed. When increasing the number of rows in the recordings screen, the watched/recorded count starts to disappear off the bottom of the banners. I tried adjusting the font size, but it didn't help.
Yes banners are meant to be set at the default it sets them to when turning them on. They lose their aspect to much if you change that.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

I uninstalled the old Diamond UI and Theme and now Diamond 2.0 (or any Diamond plugin) is no longer on the plugin list... installed or full ist????

Thoughts?

I restarted the server, the client and still no Diamond plugin listed?

k
Old 12-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I uninstalled the old Diamond UI and Theme and now Diamond 2.0 (or any Diamond plugin) is no longer on the plugin list... installed or full ist????

Thoughts?

k
Sorry guys, I removed the plugin and then updated the manifest to include a warning to uninstall the old Diamond and now I'm waiting for the confirmation email to add back.

*** And there it is, should be back really soon ;o)

J
Old 12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

Thoughts?

k
I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled the old theme/UI mod, was able to install this just fine on my server, but the Diamond plugin does NOT show up in the list of available plugins for my client. Is there some metadata that's not setup properly when the plugin was uploaded to the repository?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 12-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled the old theme/UI mod, was able to install this just fine on my server, but the Diamond plugin does NOT show up in the list of available plugins for my client. Is there some metadata that's not setup properly when the plugin was uploaded to the repository?
See previous post.

J
Old 12-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

It's not under the THEME category in the plug-in manager... You'll find it in the UI MOD area. It's specifically called:

Diamond for Default Sagetv7 STV by Jorton, PluckyHD
Version 2.00 Beta
Closed Thread