SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Sorry guys, I removed the plugin and then updated the manifest to include a warning to uninstall the old Diamond and now I'm waiting for the confirmation email to add back.

*** And there it is, should be back really soon ;o)

J
It's like waiting for water to boil

Soon... Soon
Old 12-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
It's not under the THEME category in the plug-in manager... You'll find it in the UI MOD area. It's specifically called:

Diamond for Default Sagetv7 STV by Jorton, PluckyHD
Version 2.00 Beta
Understood. I can see that just fine on my SERVER but I wasn't able to see it under UI MOD on my CLIENT. Sounds like jorton modified something in the plugin repository and thus it should be viewable on both the SERVER and the CLIENT.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Simply amazing guys! I LOVE it. I have been playing around with several options and you guys have done an incredible job. The amount of options is incredible and setting it up exactly the way I want it is very slick!!! For example, I don't desire to have my shows grouped by season (takes a few extra selections to get to the show) so I ungrouped the seasons and when I did this the title went from just "E02" to "S03E02" or something like that... you guys have a lot of this covered and it's awesome! Thanks much!

One issue I noticed and it may be due to me installing over the top of the old version is that it appears like the old "Diamond" is now "Diamond Tabs". "Diamond Tabs" looks to be just like the example screen shots. However, when I select one of the other themes, everything looks good except I still have the tabs. The "lines" on the top and bottom are there but tabs are too... it's like the tabs are being overlaid on top of all the other themes even though the screen shots provided don't show the tabs. Doesn't appear to affect functionality, just that I have the tabs "look" overlaying the other themes as well.

Do you think this is the result of installing without uninstalling and if so, should I uninstall everything then reinstall?

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Do you think this is the result of installing without uninstalling and if so, should I uninstall everything then reinstall?
Yes, that's the issue you will see when you don't uninstall first.

I just updated the manifest/description with a warning to uninstall the old version first, new one should be back up in the repository soon.

J
Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

When hitting Play on an a grouped recording to get the Diamond Play options I noticed it's not calculating properly for Play Next Show. I checked TVB to see if that algorithm got it right for the same set of recordings and it did. Play Next Show in Diamond is the show I just watched (denoted as watched in Sage too). It does show the correct Next show but under the Play Newest Show... In this situation they both should be the same because I've watched all but the newest...
Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When hitting Play on an a grouped recording to get the Diamond Play options I noticed it's not calculating properly for Play Next Show. I checked TVB to see if that algorithm got it right for the same set of recordings and it did. Play Next Show in Diamond is the show I just watched (denoted as watched in Sage too). It does show the correct Next show but under the Play Newest Show... In this situation they both should be the same because I've watched all but the newest...
Is your sort correct it ony works if sorting by season episode number. I am not able to reproduce this on my system.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also that statement contradicts itself a bit could your clarify.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

UPDATE - Seems that the plugin manager is taking a really long time to download from the google code site before it can be updated and there's not much we can do about it. Seems to be an issue with the file hosting on google code as my direct download says it will take an hour.

Jeremy
Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, that's the issue you will see when you don't uninstall first.

I just updated the manifest/description with a warning to uninstall the old version first, new one should be back up in the repository soon.

J
I uninstalled first and I get tabs and and other stuff both.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Also that statement contradicts itself a bit could your clarify.
As far as I know I have the sorting options set. I can drill down into each subsequent season just fine. I can read the details out to the right and get Season and Episode information just fine too. Everything seems to be working except when I hit Play to just play the next episode in succession. When I hit Play my options are not correct. The option listed for Play Next Episode is actually the last episode I just watched, not the next one in line like it should be. The other option on that screen is for Play Newest Show. The episode showing for this option is indeed the newest show (most recently added).
Old 12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I uninstalled first and I get tabs and and other stuff both.
Hey, I thought you were using Phoenix at home now???

Best to uninstall everything Diamond related then make sure there aren't any remaining "Diamond" theme folders then reinstall the Diamond V2.0 UI Mod.

The reason you see both the tabs and the full header/footer has to do with left over images in the default "Diamond" theme folder. There were lots of changes to the theme and the images over the past few weeks.

I have only seen this behaviour on my 1.07 to 2.00 upgrade test without uninstalling 1.07. It may have to do with leftovers from 1.06 when 1.07 is removed and 1.06 is restored???

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-06-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

For some reason I don't see Diamond as one of the available UI Mods (I have restarted my server and it still is missing)?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
For some reason I don't see Diamond as one of the available UI Mods (I have restarted my server and it still is missing)?
It will be there eventually, we're having google code file hosting issues right now so its not getting confirmed by the plugin manager and posted to the repository.

Jeremy
Old 12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey, I thought you were using Phoenix at home now???

Jeremy
I am - but I like to keep tabs on all the players

I think I went from 1.06 to 2.0 - I don't remember upgrading to 1.07 and I think I saw 1.06 last time I looked at the version. So I'm sure that's it. Themes don't uninstall very cleanly from the plugin manager either, so that plays a part.

btl.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Sage Icon

Well, it's just after 10 pm and it's still not posting in the plugin repository.

Hopefully google code will get things sorted out over night.

Jeremy
Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

All of the shows with more than one episode recorded show the SERIES BANNER but the ones with only ONE episode shows no banner. Is ther a way to make it show the SERIES BANNER on shows that have only one episode?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Sage Icon

Plus one, no banner for a single show...makes TV Recordings look kind of off (I can even make my own banner if a show doesn't have one). No Diamond Info for single shows either, it looks like. Great work otherwise, is it possible to fix these two nits?

P
Old 12-07-2010, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
All of the shows with more than one episode recorded show the SERIES BANNER but the ones with only ONE episode shows no banner. Is ther a way to make it show the SERIES BANNER on shows that have only one episode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Plus one, no banner for a single show...makes TV Recordings look kind of off (I can even make my own banner if a show doesn't have one). No Diamond Info for single shows either, it looks like. Great work otherwise, is it possible to fix these two nits?

P
I personally don't see anything as broken. Me and jortorn discussed at length how to do this.

A. If it is only a single episode I don't want to see the series info on the right I want to see the episode info since there is only one
B. I don't want to have to drill down to watch a single episode.

To have banners and the series info on a single recording you would have to add drilldown to single shows and to me that doesn't function correctly. I don't want to have to have to drill down when I only have one show. This is also based heavily off the default so other addins can still function as best as we could so changing that function risks breaking some addins and to me wouldn't function correctly.

Plucky
Old 12-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Sage User

I don't see any fanart when using the diamond views and I noticed I don't have the folder \cache\DiamondImages\\. Is there anything I can do to force sage to create it?

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
I don't see any fanart when using the diamond views and I noticed I don't have the folder \cache\DiamondImages\\. Is there anything I can do to force sage to create it?
Do you have bmt fanart enabled? Do you have a fanart folder with fanart in it?
Closed Thread