SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
As far as I know I have the sorting options set.
Are you finishing the show all the way? My playlist checks to make sure the last complete show is watched.

Did you explicitly set the sort order in the episode screen to season/episode sort this is not automatic.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I personally don't see anything as broken. Me and jortorn discussed at length how to do this.

A. If it is only a single episode I don't want to see the series info on the right I want to see the episode info since there is only one
B. I don't want to have to drill down to watch a single episode.

To have banners and the series info on a single recording you would have to add drilldown to single shows and to me that doesn't function correctly. I don't want to have to have to drill down when I only have one show. This is also based heavily off the default so other addins can still function as best as we could so changing that function risks breaking some addins and to me wouldn't function correctly.

Plucky
I agree with everything you said, functionality wise. If there is no way to show banners for a single show without drilling down...then there is no way to show banners without drilling down. However, if you're going to show banners...show them for everything...is what he and I were saying. Personally, to have a clean looking Recordings screen, I'd happily drill down on a single episode. I'll hit Play if I don't want to drill down on a single (if that works Edit: It does). Just some feedback...I love it to death still.

P

Last edited by Polypro; 12-07-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I agree with everything you said, functionality wise. If there is no way to show banners for a single show without drilling down...then there is no way to show banners without drilling down. However, if you're going to show banners...show them for everything...is what he and I were saying. Personally, to have a clean looking Recordings screen, I'd happily drill down on a single episode. I'll hit Play if I don't want to drill (if that works). Just some feedback...I love it to death still.

P
+1. As previously mentioned (a while back....), I don't keep TV recordings. We record, watch, delete. So most of the time (barring the occasional backlog when we are busy), we only have one of any show. I love the banner look, but I don't want to only have a banner on the occasional, scattered listing.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, not sure why but I can't actually find this plugin in the list. I removed the old build (1.7?) and then I went back to try and install the latest and there aren't any of them in there.

Is there a way to force my plugin list to update? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Ok, not sure why but I can't actually find this plugin in the list. I removed the old build (1.7?) and then I went back to try and install the latest and there aren't any of them in there.

Is there a way to force my plugin list to update? Am I doing something wrong?
It will be listed in the UI Mod Section of the plugin manager. As of this build it isn't listed in the Theme section anymore to avoid partial installs.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

I un-installed the old plugins and then installed the new 2.0 last night, and noticed my movie posters are a bit messed up. See photo. What do I need to do to fix this? Notice that the background fanart is correct for my movie (seems to be for all) but the thumbnail is obviously not, or else I just really like Angels & Demons!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (138.5 KB, 281 views)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

I saw the same thing.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to create a dummy TV Recoding, to trick it into showing the banner for a single show? I just tried a few things with a tiny .mpg file I had, and BMT...but I couldn't figure it out.

P
Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I un-installed the old plugins and then installed the new 2.0 last night, and noticed my movie posters are a bit messed up. See photo. What do I need to do to fix this? Notice that the background fanart is correct for my movie (seems to be for all) but the thumbnail is obviously not, or else I just really like Angels & Demons!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I saw the same thing.
Hmm never notice this before. I use our own scaling calls the only way I could see this happening is if the Title is not correct in the metadata or it doesn't have a phoenix fanart and defaults to a folder poster fanart.

Could you look in the caching folder and see if the chronicles of narnia exist in the movie poster cache folder of diamond?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I personally don't see anything as broken. Me and jortorn discussed at length how to do this.

A. If it is only a single episode I don't want to see the series info on the right I want to see the episode info since there is only one
B. I don't want to have to drill down to watch a single episode.

To have banners and the series info on a single recording you would have to add drilldown to single shows and to me that doesn't function correctly. I don't want to have to have to drill down when I only have one show. This is also based heavily off the default so other addins can still function as best as we could so changing that function risks breaking some addins and to me wouldn't function correctly.

Plucky
You could make it more consistent feeling if you created a "Diamond Info for single shows" - then the info pane would still have the poster and show information and feel like it FITS with the way series are presented - instead of switching the the default UI's show information which looks a little out of place when placed right next to a Diamond Series Info.

Also, having a banner doesn't necessarily mean you have to drill down. I'm sure you are triggering to show the banner if it is a group or folder or whatever, but you can put a banner for a single show.

I personally think banners are a very poor substitute for text, and in a single pane view they don't work well at all. BUT that doesn't mean you can't do it

btl.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Another issue, with the Wall view, my HD Homerun tuners are showing up in the view, and duplicate covers again. I forgot to mention the tuners showing up in the Cover Flow view as well, but they are there. Maybe a setup issue on my end?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error2.jpg (138.7 KB, 239 views)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Do you have bmt fanart enabled? Do you have a fanart folder with fanart in it?
Yes I have fanart enabled and there is fanart in my folder.

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client
Old 12-07-2010, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another issue, with the Wall view, my HD Homerun tuners are showing up in the view, and duplicate covers again. I forgot to mention the tuners showing up in the Cover Flow view as well, but they are there. Maybe a setup issue on my end?
Already gave feedback on the duplication issue see above

As for the other that is an error on my part please log it on Googlecode and I will fix it. I don't have a tuner in my dev environment so forgot to pass a variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
Yes I have fanart enabled and there is fanart in my folder.
No idea there...Do you have any errors in your log. Is any diamond cache created?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmm never notice this before. I use our own scaling calls the only way I could see this happening is if the Title is not correct in the metadata or it doesn't have a phoenix fanart and defaults to a folder poster fanart.

Could you look in the caching folder and see if the chronicles of narnia exist in the movie poster cache folder of diamond?
I dont have any folder poster fanarts. All fanart is in 1 directory, all my current movies (only testing with about 20) are in 1 directory imported into sage. When I get home I will check the cache folder and see what I have. I did check the BMT web ui and the fanart and poster were correct for Chronicles of Narnia.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I dont have any folder poster fanarts. All fanart is in 1 directory, all my current movies (only testing with about 20) are in 1 directory imported into sage. When I get home I will check the cache folder and see what I have. I did check the BMT web ui and the fanart and poster were correct for Chronicles of Narnia.
Very interseted to see what you report. I have never seen this but sure it is probably an error in my scaling code so let me know.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I personally think banners are a very poor substitute for text, and in a single pane view they don't work well at all. BUT that doesn't mean you can't do it.

btl.
When I saw the banners for the first time (ok, second...Plucky posted a screenshot that made me drool) I was like "AWESOME!" So it is definitely an opinion type thing. Thanks for all the other info too, for us "non-coders".

P
Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are you finishing the show all the way? My playlist checks to make sure the last complete show is watched.

Did you explicitly set the sort order in the episode screen to season/episode sort this is not automatic.
I have set the Diamond option: Show Seasons View = ON. As I said, I can view and drill down into each specific season with no problem. I have noticed that this problem is inconsistent. Some shows, the Play options properly calculate the correct next episode and for others it does not and for others still it provides unexpected results. I’ll go through a couple of specific examples. The only way that I can be sure that Play Next Episode will work is if I check which episode should be next so that I can verify if the option will be correct. In all of the cases below TVB manages to display the right option.

South Park. I have 40/42 watched. If I click Play I get: “Play Next Show “ ” Now”. If I try to play it I get an error null object request... It should as in TVB pull up one of the 2 unwatched ones, probably the oldest first...

Nikita. I have 0/9 watched. If I click Play I get: “Play Next Show “One Way” Now” . Looks and sound good because I have no idea off the top of my head if that is indeed the correct episode that should be playing. In this case it is not. It should be running the “Pilot” S01E01. I haven’t watched any of them so it should start at S01E01 instead of S01E09.

House. I have 6/6 watched. If I click Play I get: “Play Next Show “ ” Now”. Same thing that happens with South Park. In this instance I would guess it should either replay the very last (newest) episode, or start from the beginning (oldest one on file)... But right now I get the null object error...

Dexter. I have 58/59 watched. I have watched all but the most recent one S05E12 “Hop a Freighter”. The play options are: “Play Next Show “In the Beginning” Now”. “In The Beginning Now is S05E11 it is marked as watched. The play option in this situation should be Play next “Hop a Freighter”.

Something is definitely weird. I have other’s but figured this is more than enough info to go on. Hopefully, it helps.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

Banners and posters are a little "jaggy". I found them in the cache folder. Any way to increase the quality?

P
Old 12-07-2010, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I have set the Diamond option: Show Seasons View = ON.
That is not setting the sort to season/episodes you need to set the sort in the episode list screen to season episodes then report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Banners and posters are a little "jaggy". I found them in the cache folder. Any way to increase the quality?

P
The quality is the max pixel size they use shouldn't need more of course it is all figured of 720p since that is the max a extender can handle for clients I can add an override but you won't need better resolution on extenders or 720p or lower.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

I set the sort options in the list of of recordings to Season Episode. There was no change. Regardless, why would the sort options have any effect on the play next feature...
Closed Thread