SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I set the sort options in the list of of recordings to Season Episode. There was no change. Regardless, why would the sort options have any effect on the play next feature...
As per the overview post

Quote:
Added daimond play options (to resume and play sereis from last watched or newest. only works when sorting by season/episodes
This is due to the way the auto playlist works if it isn't sorted right it will jumble the playlist. So there is a huge factor there.

I will have a look at the code but I can't recreate any issues with it. It is pretty much the same code TVE used so I don't see it being wrong as I didn't change allot other than the way the playlist was made. I will look into it.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

First, thanks for all the work that went in to this release.

I have lots of shows that are ending up with a "Season 00" grouping when using the Season view. This appears to happen when there is no season/episode tag on an individual recording. Why some recordings do or don't have that info I have no idea.

Is there an automated way to retag every show that is lacking this item?
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
First, thanks for all the work that went in to this release.

I have lots of shows that are ending up with a "Season 00" grouping when using the Season view. This appears to happen when there is no season/episode tag on an individual recording. Why some recordings do or don't have that info I have no idea.

Is there an automated way to retag every show that is lacking this item?
BMT scans in the web ui
Old 12-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, maybe this will help you out (and that's all I'm trying to do...make this the best!)

I opened the banners and posters in the cache/DiamondImages folder with IrfanView. The first, and I don't know if it matters, is that IrfanView says the files are .png with an incorrect extension. Second, I looked at the sizes. Then I went to the original banners and posters in the Phoenix FanArt folder and re-sized them w/IrfanView (Lanczos?), to the same sizes as in cache. They looked a lot better (fine actually, I hit sharpen once, but didn't "need" to), so I swapped them out with the ones in cache. They worked and looked better. So the sizes are fine, the re-size method/procedure looks to be the source of the jaggies. Just FYI.

P
Old 12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Ok, maybe this will help you out (and that's all I'm trying to do...make this the best!)

I opened the banners and posters in the cache/DiamondImages folder with IrfanView. The first, and I don't know if it matters, is that IrfanView says the files are .png with an incorrect extension. Second, I looked at the sizes. Then I went to the original banners and posters in the Phoenix FanArt folder and re-sized them w/IrfanView (Lanczos?), to the same sizes as in cache. They looked a lot better (fine actually, I hit sharpen once, but didn't "need" to), so I swapped them out with the ones in cache. They worked and looked better. So the sizes are fine, the re-size method/procedure looks to be the source of the jaggies. Just FYI.

P
They should not be pngs that would be the issue. I don't have pngs. I don't notice any jaggies it is just native java code that is scaling the images. I use the same code in smm so something is wrong if you are getting pngs in the cache folder.

Also the banners will not be the same size they will be allot smaller in cache you will get slowdowns even on clients at full size.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
They should not be pngs that would be the issue. I don't have pngs. I don't notice any jaggies it is just native java code that is scaling the images. I use the same code in smm so something is wrong if you are getting pngs in the cache folder.
just a point of clarification... i think he is saying that irfanview is reporting that the image in the cache folder (filename with .jpg extension) is in fact a .png (according to irfanviews reading of the image)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-07-2010, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

How are you scaling Pluckster? Just curious. I know phoenix has some built in scaling options but I seem to remember that you don't use them for some reason...

btl.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
just a point of clarification... i think he is saying that irfanview is reporting that the image in the cache folder (filename with .jpg extension) is in fact a .png (according to irfanviews reading of the image)
Yeah I gathered that is why I was saying it shouldn't be reporting it as a png
Old 12-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

That is correct.

P
Old 12-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

I realize this is off topic somewhat, but my Sage server just popped up this error:

"SageTV has detected that it has run out of memory. You may need to increase your JVM heap size or there could be a plugin/customization that is causing an issue."

Think its related to my attempts to fool around with the new Diamond theme, and just wondering if there is a way I can restart my sage server program remotely? I can log into it from the web UI, but I dont see any method to restart the server (just extenders). My Placeshifter wont connect as a result of the memory error.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

IrfanView says the same about the images in my DiamondImages cache as well.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Here:

Just installed the newest IFV, same thing.

P
Old 12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Here:

Just installed the newest IFV, same thing.

P
Okay looking it to it could you please log on google code. That would be causing the decrease in quality that is for sure.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
How are you scaling Pluckster? Just curious. I know phoenix has some built in scaling options but I seem to remember that you don't use them for some reason...

btl.
I use my own scaling API. I tried phoenix's and there was an issue (which has been fixed now) but I had already coded with my SMM code. The main reason I started with my own was so I could scale pngs and keep the transparency correct.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Okay looking it to it could you please log on google code. That would be causing the decrease in quality that is for sure.
Done. I think I did it right...first time. Let me know if I didn't.

P
Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
It will be listed in the UI Mod Section of the plugin manager. As of this build it isn't listed in the Theme section anymore to avoid partial installs.

Cheers,

Jeremy

BAH! I'm an idiot. I'm sure I looked there but I must've missed it. I checked now and there it is.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

A quick note to everyone to please try out some of the other included theme options by going into,

SETUP / DETAILED SETUP / ADVANCED / "Select the User Interface Theme"

There are 17 themes/sub themes that make various color changes or whole new looks... so let me know what you like and maybe what you don't....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I haven't updated the first post yet, but the creator of the Serenity images gave permission to include a bunch of his work in the "Diamond Serenity" themes so thanks to Shaun (nuahs @ Deviantart) his website is,

www.fullcirclegfx.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-07-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

love the diamond MC...not so hotabout boxwee/winter...of course the original diamond rocks...thanks for this...always like the WMC colors...got a little taste of that now...
Extenders: HD300 x2
Tuners: HD Homerun Prime, HD Homerun, HD-PVR, Comcast Cable Box DCH-6200
Old 12-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

I actually prefer the Boxwee/Winter "outline selection box" rather than the solid color because it makes the text easier to read for me.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I actually prefer the Boxwee/Winter "outline selection box" rather than the solid color because it makes the text easier to read for me.
Same here, although, I'll prolly end up mixing and matching my favorite parts of all the themes.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Closed Thread