SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

No Season Episode numbers ?

In the TV, Imported TV view I have the "Show Season Episode Numbers" option on and I am sorted by Season/Episode but I am not getting the Season/Episode numbers displayed with the episode title. See attached.

Am I missing some setting?

And BTW... WOW!

k
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (340.7 KB, 275 views)
Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
Can you let me know how much space the cache could take up with 3-4 extenders? WHS user here and needing all the space I have on C:
Hi,
I have installed the plug-in/restarted ui and am wanting to change the cache location before this gets started. I do not see the cache folder or the entry in the property file you mentioned to change. Do I need to actually run/load the plug-in on an extender before I can move the cache file location? If so, what is the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do?
Thanks,
Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
Hi,
I have installed the plug-in/restarted ui and am wanting to change the cache location before this gets started. I do not see the cache folder or the entry in the property file you mentioned to change. Do I need to actually run/load the plug-in on an extender before I can move the cache file location? If so, what is the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do?
Thanks,
Just shutdown sagetv and add the property line yourself if you want. It will appear after the first time it caches and sagetv is shutdown.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any plans on adding additional filtering options? I was all excited about Diamond Flow and Diamond Wall until I saw all 800 of my Home Videos were included in the listings. Perhaps a method to exclude a path from those views?

Thanks for all of your work on Diamond.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
In the TV, Imported TV view I have the "Show Season Episode Numbers" option on and I am sorted by Season/Episode but I am not getting the Season/Episode numbers displayed with the episode title. See attached.

And BTW... WOW!

k
I see the same thing. Wouldn't an episode number belong right before the episode title?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Sage Icon

Google Code Download Speed

Just wanted to let people know that Google Code file serving is really really slow right now, I see there's maintenance scheduled for tomorrow am so hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

J
Old 12-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
A quick note to everyone to please try out some of the other included theme options by going into,

SETUP / DETAILED SETUP / ADVANCED / "Select the User Interface Theme"

There are 17 themes/sub themes that make various color changes or whole new looks... so let me know what you like and maybe what you don't....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I haven't updated the first post yet, but the creator of the Serenity images gave permission to include a bunch of his work in the "Diamond Serenity" themes so thanks to Shaun (nuahs @ Deviantart) his website is,

www.fullcirclegfx.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

Jeremy
I looked at several of these and settled on the Winter one since there is snow on the ground... any chance to get slightly different backgrounds for each main menu item?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
A quick note to everyone to please try out some of the other included theme options by going into,

SETUP / DETAILED SETUP / ADVANCED / "Select the User Interface Theme"

There are 17 themes/sub themes that make various color changes or whole new looks... so let me know what you like and maybe what you don't....
LOTS of cool stuff in the themes. I settled on the Serenity Now theme but substituted my own background pictures.
Season / Episode Numbering is a great feature
The Playon TV option shows up on my TV menu, but I don't have the Playon importer installed.
Still evaluating, but I don't think I like the info bars at the top an bottom of the screen.
Small thing, but I really like the volume slider the themes use.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
LOTS of cool stuff in the themes. I settled on the Serenity Now theme but substituted my own background pictures.
Season / Episode Numbering is a great feature
The Playon TV option shows up on my TV menu, but I don't have the Playon importer installed.
Still evaluating, but I don't think I like the info bars at the top an bottom of the screen.
Small thing, but I really like the volume slider the themes use.
Based on what you like (tabs rather than bars, orange highlights and personal bacgrounds), try the following,

1. In the Themes directory, copy the "Diamond Tabs" folder to a new folder and rename to something unique.
2. Copy the contents of "Diamond Orange" into the new folder you created in #1.
3. Place your personal background files into the new folder you created in #1. Remember the bacground images must be named correctly to show up.
4. Select your new theme in advanced settings.

Now you should have a custom tabbed Diamond theme with orange highlights and custom background images.

Hope this helps,

J

Last edited by jorton; 12-08-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
...any chance to get slightly different backgrounds for each main menu item?
Tough part is finding images to package with the theme that are free to use, and I have permission to use the snowy tree image that is included.

There are lots of images on Google images but I can't really just include them with the theme. I actually talked to an image bank awhile back and even though this is not for profit, the cost of including a background image in what they consider to be a "template" contract would be hundreds of $ per image. I'll volunteer my time for this but not going to spend my own $ on images for a free theme

Jeremy
Old 12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

And BTW... WOW!

k
The only reason they wouldn't show is because they don't have a episode number available in the meta data (ie BMT didn't get one). The year 2001 out to the side makes me believe that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusing View Post
Any plans on adding additional filtering options? I was all excited about Diamond Flow and Diamond Wall until I saw all 800 of my Home Videos were included in the listings. Perhaps a method to exclude a path from those views?

Thanks for all of your work on Diamond.
Yes that is what the folders option will be for.

Just a word to everyone me and JOrton have decided to take some time away from studio during the holiday seasons and give ourselves a break. So you probably won't see much if anything new and or fixed before the new year. Although if a huge error is found I will try and find time to fix it, but I myself have allot of prior commitments this month as well as time with the Family planned so don't expect to see allot if anything over the next month.

cheers,

pluckyhd
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Just a word to everyone me and JOrton have decided to take some time away from studio during the holiday seasons and give ourselves a break. So you probably won't see much if anything new and or fixed before the new year. Although if a huge error is found I will try and find time to fix it, but I myself have allot of prior commitments this month as well as time with the Family planned so don't expect to see allot if anything over the next month.
I have yet to try this theme, due to a semi-dead HTPC, but I've been following this thread for all 24 pages and 471 posts. I think this is a well deserved break for both of you. Enjoy the time off! You've more than earned it! We'll patiently be here waiting.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The only reason they wouldn't show is because they don't have a episode number available in the meta data (ie BMT didn't get one). The year 2001 out to the side makes me believe that is the case.

pluckyhd
I have checked in BMT and all these videos are marked as TV with valid Season and Episode numbers and as you can see in the attached Diamond is displaying this info in the right hand side. I have disabled all other plugins and yet I still don't get any SxxExx before the title.

If it helps any, I do get SxxExx info on Sage Recordings, just not on Imported Videos. In the All Recordings view, the Imported videos show without this info but the Recordings show with this info????

PS: Hope you enjoy your deserved time off !

k
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (349.8 KB, 217 views)
Old 12-08-2010, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have checked in BMT and all these videos are marked as TV with valid Season and Episode numbers and as you can see in the attached Diamond is displaying this info in the right hand side. I have disabled all other plugins and yet I still don't get any SxxExx before the title.

If it helps any, I do get SxxExx info on Sage Recordings, just not on Imported Videos. In the All Recordings view, the Imported videos show without this info but the Recordings show with this info????

PS: Hope you enjoy your deserved time off !

k
Okay I didn't catch it was imported not recorded that very well could be an error on my part log it on google code.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Sage Icon

Regarding the Flow and Wall views:
Quote:
Yes that is what the folders option will be for.
Can you explain that? Did I miss a description somewhere of what this is (or will be)? "Will be for" sounds like it's another change you are working on, but just wanted to verify that it's not in the package now...
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I agree with everything you said, functionality wise. If there is no way to show banners for a single show without drilling down...then there is no way to show banners without drilling down. However, if you're going to show banners...show them for everything...is what he and I were saying. Personally, to have a clean looking Recordings screen, I'd happily drill down on a single episode. I'll hit Play if I don't want to drill down on a single (if that works Edit: It does). Just some feedback...I love it to death still.

P
+ 1 on this. There are several shows that we don't keep more than one copy. This kills the overall look/feel of the banner view.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes inside a blank banner of sorts.
Hi Plucky... is it possible to come up with a generic banner image for the blank ones? Or maybe even create our own and associate it with a show?
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Sage Expert

I have several shows that have Fanart, including banners, that are not showing the banner graphic in TV view. These shows do have multiple shows recorded. Examples include "The Defenders", "Wipeout", and "Psych". I have tried deleting the Sage cache folder, re-downloading the Metadata for the shows via BMT, and restarting Sage.

EDIT: So I've discovered how to fix these missing shows. As an example, BMT downloaded "The Defenders" as "The Defenders (2010)". If I copy the fanart folder to "The Defenders", the banner and other fanart shows up.

I also have a couple of shows where the incorrect Fanart is showing up. Conan's new late night show, for example, is showing up as Conan the Barbarian. I've gone into the Metadata Tools WebUI and attempted to correct it, but the incorrect banner still shows. This may be more of a BMT issue, but if I can't get BMT to get the correct data, is there any way to force a banner for a particular show?

EDIT: This was similar to the issue above. When I tried to manually update BMT by searching for "Conan", BMT was selecting the tvdb series without fanart. I changed to name to "Conan (2010)" and BMT downloaded the correct fanart. I then had to copy the "Conan (2010)" fanart folder as "Conan" and the banner now shows up in TV view.

Thanks for your AWESOME work!

Last edited by White94Cobra; 12-08-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Regarding the Flow and Wall views:

Can you explain that? Did I miss a description somewhere of what this is (or will be)? "Will be for" sounds like it's another change you are working on, but just wanted to verify that it's not in the package now...
Nope coming soon is what it will say if you click it

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
Hi Plucky... is it possible to come up with a generic banner image for the blank ones? Or maybe even create our own and associate it with a show?
Yes you can create or find your own and store it according to BMT fanart structure.

See from your below edited post you figured it out so good.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

See from your below edited post you figured it out so good.
Any idea why there is a discrepancy between how BMT sees a show and how DIAMOND sees it? I.E. BMT automatically downloaded fanart for "Wipeout" as "Wipeout (US)". DIAMOND would only recognize the banners if I copied the fanart folder to "Wipeout".
Closed Thread