SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Actually WMC has that feature and I always like it called now playing or something like that over there where you could view movie poster for stuff on tv. That is actually a good feature request if you would put it on google code so we dont forget /
Done! But... CCRRAAPP... I bugged it twice. First in My Movies then when I realized my error I bugged it in the Diamond area. DOH! So, please delete the one out of MyMovies... my bad

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I'm not running Linux, but looks like you are not seeing "some" of the images from the main "Diamond" theme folder, the background image from the "Diamond Winter" folder is showing fine and that is referenced in the "Diamond Winter" theme.properties file. The odd thing is that the icons in the top header are showing (sleep, window/full screen) and they are located in the same main "Diamond" theme folder as your missing images...

Have you restarted after seeing this? I have on occassion (not very often) needed to shut down my client and restart to refresh the images...

Jeremy
I did a system restart and most of the images came back. I am assuming there is an image needed on the icon area top right?

Thanks,

B
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2010-12-12 at 7.39.12 AM.png (289.7 KB, 199 views)
Old 12-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I did a system restart and most of the images came back. I am assuming there is an image needed on the icon area top right?

Thanks,

B
Wow, that's weird and yeah, that's not right I *think* all the sub themes use the same image here except the Diamond Tabs sub theme. Until you get this figured out, maybe by switching to the Diamond Tabs theme it'll pull in those graphics for you so you can at least read what is up there. I use the Diamond Tabs all the time since I like the clean look of just the tabs around the data as opposed to a bar going all the way across the top and bottom
Old 12-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Sage User

Quote:

Thanks,

B
I think this is all related to the linux issue with the file names because mine looks the same way.

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client
Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
I think this is all related to the linux issue with the file names because mine looks the same way.
Man, that Linux case thing killed me on a large website I had made in a Windows environment and then the host moved to Linux... holy crap what a mess and big lesson learned! haha

bcjenkins, I'm not the expert here but it does definitely look to be a case issue. It looks to me like in your example above you are using the standard Diamond theme. If you look in the Diamond theme folder you will find two files named "HeaderFull.png" and "FooterFull.png". These are (pretty sure) the files you are missing in your screen shot. Now, if you look at the theme.properties file, these files are referenced as "headerfull.png" and "footerfull.png". In Windows this doesn't matter but in Linux, big difference As a test, try renaming your files to "headerfull.png" and "footerfull.png" and see what happens. You may need to restart Sage/Service but not sure. If that fixes the problem, I suggest the following...

Open theme.properties in a text editor for the theme you wish to use.
For each graphic that is in the specific theme folder, do a search in the theme.properties file for the filename. Make sure that the case is the same for both. If not, I'd change the filename to match the theme.properties case (might be a reason why it would be better to do the opposite but I can't think of any LOL). This should get you by with your favorite theme until the guys come back from their well deserved time off and put out a fix for the Linux guys
Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry to the Linux users for that, I had a few images that I didn't name with the correct case in the theme.properties file to match the file names in the theme folders.

I think I have fixed it, easier me than you going through the theme.properties file cause I know where to look

Watch for an update message in System messages or check in awhile for yourself.

*** Update - there were several theme.properties files that were wrong, and a couple images I needed to rename to get everything back in sync, I will be posting an update that is only necessary for Linux users to update to at this point as this is an install fix with no new functionality etc. All windows users are fine with the existing installed files and there is no need to update until the next major release ***

Cheers,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-12-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

I looking for a couple Linux "Diamond" users to quickly test the fixes before I post and also a couple windows users as well to make sure I didn't blow those up . Please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-12-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Diamond V2.03 Update (Linux File Name Fixes Only)

The update to Diamond V2.03 has been submitted and should be live in the plugin repository very soon.

This update only contains fixes for the Linux case sensitive file name issue for the included themes.

There aren't any new features or themes included so for Windows users you don't need to update if you don't like at this point.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Seems to have resolved the backgrounds and previews. Thanks. Also, I completely removed the previous version and cleared the directories from manual changes. Upon first use, it seemed to require a full restart of SageTV to pick up all the elements. Perhaps you could add that to the slate for 2.04?

B
Old 12-12-2010, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Seems to have resolved the backgrounds and previews. Thanks. Also, I completely removed the previous version and cleared the directories from manual changes. Upon first use, it seemed to require a full restart of SageTV to pick up all the elements. Perhaps you could add that to the slate for 2.04?

B
We can't force a restart it isn't under our control.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to BCJenkins for taking the time to help test the Linux related changes today, there was no way for me to check the changes without him as I am without a working Linux Sagetv setup to test.

Jeremy
Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Sage User

Feedback from Grandma

Grandma watches the kids some days and uses Sage. +1! She prefers to use the mouse rather than the remote. Feedback from grandma through my wife is that she has trouble clicking on the list scroll bars because they are too dark.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthurber View Post
Grandma watches the kids some days and uses Sage. +1! She prefers to use the mouse rather than the remote. Feedback from grandma through my wife is that she has trouble clicking on the list scroll bars because they are too dark.
Sorry but I may have to draw the line at tayloring the Diamond themes for anyones Grandma

Just kidding, I've got some ideas for a sub theme with "more contrast" already in the works for those that need or prefer it. The idea would be better contrast in the EPG, scroll bars... etc

Cheers,

J
Old 12-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just to say guys, fantastic work !
Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

weird issue - used Options to disable Diamond Wall and Diamond Flow.
Now I cannot arrow into the Video submenu ... It just 'loops' out.
Re-enable those options and the Video menu works fine!?
I did the update but I did not redraft my server.
Anyone else see ts happening?
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 12-13-2010, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley View Post
weird issue - used Options to disable Diamond Wall and Diamond Flow.
Now I cannot arrow into the Video submenu ... It just 'loops' out.
Re-enable those options and the Video menu works fine!?
I did the update but I did not redraft my server.
Anyone else see ts happening?
You don't like our views ;(. j/k that is a bug if you would please log it.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

The GetMediaFiles() doesn't seem to be working as expected in Diamond Wall/Flow. As a few other people have reported, i'm getting strange stuff like tuner buffers and random EPG entries.

I updated it to be...
Code:
MediaFiles = GetMediaFiles("VDL")
And it cleaned out all those extra weird entries.

RunTime is also not working for me, but I haven't figured out why yet.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-13-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
The GetMediaFiles() doesn't seem to be working as expected in Diamond Wall/Flow. As a few other people have reported, i'm getting strange stuff like tuner buffers and random EPG entries.

I updated it to be...
Code:
MediaFiles = GetMediaFiles("VDL")
And it cleaned out all those extra weird entries.

RunTime is also not working for me, but I haven't figured out why yet.
Yes I am aware of the this the
"L" is missing in my formula I simply forgot to put it In there.if you add the "L" to the last string as an adder the viewfilters won't break and will still work. I would issue a fix but I am on break an determined to stay there as far as coding goes

What do you mean runtime isn't working? You mean they are all 0's? That would have to be the metadata as I just use getshowruntime or whatever it is called.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 12-13-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes I am aware of the this the
"L" is missing in my formula I simply forgot to put it In there.if you add the "L" to the last string as an adder the viewfilters won't break and will still work. I would issue a fix but I am on break an determined to stay there as far as coding goes
No worries, I've got it fixed in my Diamond STVi STVi

Quote:
What do you mean runtime isn't working? You mean they are all 0's? That would have to be the metadata as I just use getshowruntime or whatever it is called.
Not sure why getshowruntime isn't working, but
Code:
PrintDuration(GetAiringDuration(VideoCell))
is. I would have thought those two calls were interchangeable on imported media.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
No worries, I've got it fixed in my Diamond STVi STVi

Not sure why getshowruntime isn't working, but
Code:
PrintDuration(GetAiringDuration(VideoCell))
is. I would have thought those two calls were interchangeable on imported media.
Hmm not sure maybe GetAiringDuration is what we should be using for imported media, but yeah I would think they would work the same except show is intended for show so maybe that is indeed the issue thanks for the tip/heads up. Although runtime seems to be working on mine.

Anyone else seeing 0 runtimes for everything.
Closed Thread