SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Are you supposed to load the STVI for Diamond or is that done automatically? When I go into Import UI Modification file (.STVi File) there is a listing for DiamondB2.00.stvi. I didn't import this but it appears that everything is working ok.
When you install the Diamond UI Mod plugin the stvi is loaded automatically and the default Diamond Theme is set automatically by the stvi on the first load as it contains images needed for the stvi. You do not need to manually "load" the stvi, that is the pre plugin repository method.

The Diamond UI mod package installs all of the various themes, no need to install any separate themes from the theme section. FYI - MBDiamond will not work with the new Diamond UI Mod just in case you try it.

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-22-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there any way to use the same Fanart for an entire folder in the Video Library. The bulk of my video library is made up of Kids Shows. By default Sage thinks that these are Movies but I am working on properly categorizing them as TV shows using BMT. But some of these shows don't have data in TVDB and/or don't have any Fanart. So it would be nice if it used some defalut file, like folder.jpg as a background if there was no Fanart.

Is there any way of changing the menu items, other than doing work in studio? Back in the summer I tried changing to the Sage7 default UI (from Sage MC) but the other Sage users in the house found there to be too many menu items. I would really like to slim it down for users other than myself. This is particularly an issue in the Videos section where we only use the Folder submenu item.

What's the best way to customize the background images for items like the main menu, etc? Is there a guide to editing the theme.properties file.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What's the best way to customize the background images for items like the main? Is there a guide to editing the xheme.properties file.
For the main (and all other menu choices) I prefer a single graphic used everywhere over the multiple ones provided.

For the default UI:

I created a folder in the SageTV directory -> STVs -> SageTV7 -> Themes called Grant's Themes. Then I looked in the default SageTV7 theme directory and copied all of the background files I found into this directory. I used a graphics program to size one of my own pictures I took with camera to 1920x1080 resolution. I then made multiple copies of this file in my personal theme directory, and renamed them to match the default image names (deleting the one's there).

Once done, in the detailed settings you can now choose your theme and apply it.

For the the Diamond theme:

I dont see this option to overlay your theme, but you can simply copy your desired image in the appropriate folder (eg. Diamond) and rename to the one there. Upon restarting, your image will be used.

Grant
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
For the the Diamond theme:

I dont see this option to overlay your theme, but you can simply copy your desired image in the appropriate folder (eg. Diamond) and rename to the one there. Upon restarting, your image will be used.

Grant
If you want to create an sub theme for Diamond that has custom images, copy a theme like "Diamond Blues" to a new folder and rename something like "Diamond Wayner". Replace the images in the folder with the new images you have keeping the same names.

The theme.properties in your copied folder does not need changing as it just has a reference to the "Diamond" theme setting it as a parent. This means that if there are missing images in your new "Diamond Wayner" theme folder get them from the "Diamond" Folder. If you like one of the other sets of highlight bars from another Diamond theme you can just copy them into the folder as well.... and so on and so on.

Note: It's not really recommended that you overwrite files by copying over the installed files as it will break the uninstall etc. Not that you can't just keeps things cleaner in the end.

J

Last edited by jorton; 12-22-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

If I install Diamond on a clean sage system I have to go through these steps to get fanart.

1. Install Diamond - get no fanart
2. Install phoenix Sagetv7 fanart and configure it.
3. Fanart works but is real slow.
4. I uninstall phoenix Sagetv7 fanart plguin... then fanart works fine and caches locally.

My question is why must I install and unistall phoenix Sagetv7 fanart to get fanart to work properly?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
If I install Diamond on a clean sage system I have to go through these steps to get fanart.

1. Install Diamond - get no fanart
2. Install phoenix Sagetv7 fanart and configure it.
3. Fanart works but is real slow.
4. I uninstall phoenix Sagetv7 fanart plguin... then fanart works fine and caches locally.

My question is why must I install and unistall phoenix Sagetv7 fanart to get fanart to work properly?
I have never had the issues you are seeing (sometimes there is a caching slow down the first time you open a screen after installing like Recordings/Wall or Flow as banners and posters get cached locally) and I have installed many times for testing with and without the Phoenix Fanart plugin installed.

You have to have BMT installed somewhere (client/server) to get the fanart for you (I think this installs the Phoenix Core Services as well)

The Diamond UI Mod installs the Phoenix Core Services as a dependancy and you can set the fanart directory with just this installed by going to "installed plugins" and then going into config for Phoenix Core Services to set the directory. No need to install the Phoenix Fanart Plugin for V7 unless you want to, although it does add the settings menu option to set the fanart location.

I'll try it later and see if I can duplicate what you are seeing.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Jeremy,

I see now what is happenning I never configured the Phoenix fanart in the core services. I was installing the fanart plugging configuring there then uninstalling.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
ANy chance at getting a List view in the Diamond Default Views for Videos? please o please?

:-D
I echo this request as a list view, similar to the "Imported TV" view would be a great addition.

k
Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Last watched/Next issue

I recently had to reset a number of my watched indicators (as I moved some videos incorrectly... long story) for some series and this seemed to mess up the Last Watched and Next fields. They do not seem to work properly if you just manually set the watch flag on each item that you know you have watched.

As a work around I manually set all the videos to watched, then I plyed the most recently watched video and fast forwarded to the end which automatically set the watched flag and that fixed the Last Watched and Next fields.

k
Old 12-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I recently had to reset a number of my watched indicators (as I moved some videos incorrectly... long story) for some series and this seemed to mess up the Last Watched and Next fields. They do not seem to work properly if you just manually set the watch flag on each item that you know you have watched.

As a work around I manually set all the videos to watched, then I plyed the most recently watched video and fast forwarded to the end which automatically set the watched flag and that fixed the Last Watched and Next fields.

k
Please log an issue at,

http://code.google.com/p/jorton/issues/list

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Please log an issue at,

Thanks,

Jeremy
Done
Old 12-22-2010, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Please log an issue at,

Thanks,

Jeremy
This won't be fixable without a change in the core as it doesn't changed the watched time on the media file. Not much we can do that would be easy.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Not much we can do that would be easy.
or even anything that would be hard...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

When viewing the Recording Detail for recorded movies (and TV shows) it seems that Diamond is displaying a Background in the top right hand side and a thumbnail in the lower right hand side. Any reason why a backbround is displayed rather than a Poster? Isn't it rather redundant to display a background if one is using Background Fanart?

One recommendation - it would be nice to have a Close button on the Diamond Options screens rather then have to back your way out.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When viewing the Recording Detail for recorded movies (and TV shows) it seems that Diamond is displaying a Background in the top right hand side and a thumbnail in the lower right hand side. Any reason why a backbround is displayed rather than a Poster? Isn't it rather redundant to display a background if one is using Background Fanart?
Hey wayner,

At this point I believe that the movie and single recording details you are seeing are the default Sagetv details screen (two thumbnail areas on the right) as we haven't gotten to updating them as of this version and not sure what the plans are.

There have been some other requests for using the new poster style info (right side) for single recordings (and maybe movie details too...), it's in the issue log for when we get back to it.

Quote:
One recommendation - it would be nice to have a Close button on the Diamond Options screens rather then have to back your way out.
I'll add the "close button" to the issues/feature request log for review ;o)

Cheers,

J
Old 12-24-2010, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll add the "close button" to the issues/feature request log for review ;o)

Cheers,

J
I guess I mean a simple left closes the menu
Old 12-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I guess I mean a simple left closes the menu
I could be wrong (good chance of it....) but I think wayner is talking about the Diamond dialog box (middle of screen) not the slide out option menu (on the right side). A left will close the right side option menu, but with the Diamond dialog box on a client PC it only closes for me when I hit ESC on the keyboard. Back (I think) and left don't do anything.

J

Old 12-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I could be wrong (good chance of it....) but I think wayner is talking about the Diamond dialog box (middle of screen) not the slide out option menu (on the right side). A left will close the right side option menu, but with the Diamond dialog box on a client PC it only closes for me when I hit ESC on the keyboard. Back (I think) and left don't do anything.

J
I got "stuck" here too when I first went into this menu... until I turned on the light and tried the "back/exit" button on the remote and that worked. Don't use that button hardly at all so didn't know where it was at in the dark. LOL
Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Is it possible to have season and episode information shown in the diamond info view of "Imported TV"?

I have been looking all over the ui in the options and such, did a quick search on the forums and didn't see anything so i figured i would ask quick.

Also for ImportTV is there a way to have the episode number on the left hand side similiar to the way you can have
E.1 {episode title}
E.2 {episode title}
E.n {episode title}

in the normal recordings view?
Old 12-24-2010, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I could be wrong (good chance of it....) but I think wayner is talking about the Diamond dialog box (middle of screen) not the slide out option menu (on the right side).
If I remember correctly pretty much all of the Diamond Options screens do not have a close button. The only way that I was able to close them was via Esc - this was being done from my server which does not have a remote control, just keyboard/mouse. I believe that in some places when you bring up Diamond Options the only option is something like Background Fanart. In other screens, like the one jorton pasted, there are multiple options to change.
Closed Thread