SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Sage Expert

Wrong movies running time in sagetv listing.

I installed the diamond theme. I love what you have done with it, but when I list my movies using the sage dvd listing it shows days , hours and minutes rather than the hours and minutes. If I use the wall view it shows the correct running time. Stuckless helped me diagnose this problem and told me to try and remove all my movie shares, rescan my folders , reinstall my shares and then rescan again and it made no change showing the wrong running times. I thought I would let you know about this. I don't want to remove you diamond plugin, but I would like to see the correct running times shown. If there is something I should be doing or can do to correct this, please let me know.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I installed the diamond theme. I love what you have done with it, but when I list my movies using the sage dvd listing it shows days , hours and minutes rather than the hours and minutes. If I use the wall view it shows the correct running time. Stuckless helped me diagnose this problem and told me to try and remove all my movie shares, rescan my folders , reinstall my shares and then rescan again and it made no change showing the wrong running times. I thought I would let you know about this. I don't want to remove you diamond plugin, but I would like to see the correct running times shown. If there is something I should be doing or can do to correct this, please let me know.
There is an issue with running times not displaying correctly in the wall and flow, it has already been logged and will be fixed in the next version.

J
Old 12-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Is it possible to have season and episode information shown in the diamond info view of "Imported TV"?

I have been looking all over the ui in the options and such, did a quick search on the forums and didn't see anything so i figured i would ask quick.

Also for ImportTV is there a way to have the episode number on the left hand side similiar to the way you can have
E.1 {episode title}
E.2 {episode title}
E.n {episode title}

in the normal recordings view?
This is an existing issue and has already been logged to be fixed for the next version.

J
Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

I been using SageTV6 server and client on same PC but recently I purchased HD300 and turn off the client on the PC since I will be using HD300.

I installed the Diamond mod and it look great but fanart seem to take days for each to show up.

Like Mythbuster took about 4 days before the banner would appear on my recorded show and same for other shows.

I still have a bunch that doesn't have fan art or banner yet and it been over a week show like Dirty Jobs etc.

Is there a way to force refresh or download fanart?

I still trying to learn about fanart and reading this thread I see a mention of installing "BMT" can anyone explain what is BMT?

Thank you and Happy Holiday!

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 12-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I been using SageTV6 server and client on same PC but recently I purchased HD300 and turn off the client on the PC since I will be using HD300.

I installed the Diamond mod and it look great but fanart seem to take days for each to show up.

Like Mythbuster took about 4 days before the banner would appear on my recorded show and same for other shows.

I still have a bunch that doesn't have fan art or banner yet and it been over a week show like Dirty Jobs etc.

Is there a way to force refresh or download fanart?

I still trying to learn about fanart and reading this thread I see a mention of installing "BMT" can anyone explain what is BMT?

Thank you and Happy Holiday!

Bill
Hey Techbill,

Just taking a stab in the dark but do you have a lot of single recordings with very few groups of more than one show?

The reason I am asking is that in the current build only "groupings" of shows have banner fanart displayed. Single show banners are in the works for a future build but as of right now they just show as titles in the main recording listing.

This may be why it takes a few days for there to be multiple episodes of a show recorded and the banner art to be shown on the grouping.

Just a guess.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 12-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Hey Techbill,

Just taking a stab in the dark but do you have a lot of single recordings with very few groups of more than one show?

The reason I am asking is that in the current build only "groupings" of shows have banner fanart displayed. Single show banners are in the works for a future build but as of right now they just show as titles in the main recording listing.

This may be why it takes a few days for there to be multiple episodes of a show recorded and the banner art to be shown on the grouping.

Just a guess.

Cheers,

Jeremy
It grouping that banners are not showing up on.

Right now I have Dirty Jobs, Ghost Whisperer, Good Eats, Ask This Old House which all have 5 or more shows recorded in it own folder and the banner is not showing up on folder icon.

Same for background fan arts, It not showing up for those either when I enter the group/folder

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 12-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Sage Expert

Bill - have you checked your fanart folder? I had a similar issue and found that BMT was downloading the shows with a name that contained the year. For example, the fanart folder for "Human Target" was "Human Target (2010)". Sage didn't associate the recordings with the fanart. I copied all of the fanart files to a folder named "Human Target" and everything showed up in Sage. I've had to do this for about 10% of my shows.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
Bill - have you checked your fanart folder? I had a similar issue and found that BMT was downloading the shows with a name that contained the year. For example, the fanart folder for "Human Target" was "Human Target (2010)". Sage didn't associate the recordings with the fanart. I copied all of the fanart files to a folder named "Human Target" and everything showed up in Sage. I've had to do this for about 10% of my shows.
Yeah I check my fanart folder

There been no folder created on those missing fanarts yet

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 12-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

I did a clean reinstall of SageTV

Now all fanarts appears .. yay!!!!!

I do have one question

In the fanart folder for each recorded shows I saw several different banners and some I like better than ones that being used, how do I set it to use the other banners?

Thank you
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software

Last edited by TechBill; 12-25-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I did a clean reinstall of SageTV

Now all fanarts appears .. yay!!!!!

I do have one question

In the fanart folder for each recorded shows I saw several different banners and some I like better than ones that being used, how do I set it to use the other banners?

Thank you
Good to hear you got it worked out.

Not sure if there is a way to set the default banner in BMT (haven't gotten around to reading the new manual), but I have had success renaming the banner image you want to be used so that it is the first item when sorting alphabetically. I think I just put a "1" at the front of the file name in some cases. This worked for me with backgrounds, posters and banners that I wanted set to another image.

Anyone have any other suggestions???

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 12-25-2010, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I noticed that if you are in Season view and you have several shows and you watch one then delete it.... it does not refresh. It still shows it in the view... even though its deleted if you backout and come back in they are gone.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Slide-Out Menus

Is there any way you guys could add the drawing of the background image used for the slide-out options menus to the appropriate "sub-theme"? I followed the same theme nesting used in the default STV for my plugins but I have a transparent background in the slide-out menus when using the Diamond theme/STV. Looking in Studio it looks like you might have added image Widgets for the background image to each of the slide-out menus for the default menus which plugins will not have. It's not a big deal if it's not possible but I just thought I would ask. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Is there any way you guys could add the drawing of the background image used for the slide-out options menus to the appropriate "sub-theme"? I followed the same theme nesting used in the default STV for my plugins but I have a transparent background in the slide-out menus when using the Diamond theme/STV. Looking in Studio it looks like you might have added image Widgets for the background image to each of the slide-out menus for the default menus which plugins will not have. It's not a big deal if it's not possible but I just thought I would ask. Thanks.
Yes they are added individually to each slide out options menu and I noticed this issue the other day when I was installing JREKiwi's Upcoming Movies plugin.

I'll add to my list of tweaks for the next version and see what I can do. Don't want to have to ask everyone creating plugins to add "Diamond" images widgets just in case someone using Diamond wants to install them...

* I see where I missed this in Studio now, if I only new what I new today when I started working this months ago things would have gone a lot smoother

Thanks,

J

Last edited by jorton; 12-26-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Add Comment
Old 12-26-2010, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you go back to the default UI after installing Diamond? I am able to get the Main Menu to be back to normal with the TV on the beach and the original fonts, but the second level menus, etc. appear to be the Diamond Blue theme. And when I go into screens such as the All Recordings screen I am still seeing banners and Fanart backgrounds.

I have switched the Theme back to standard and I made sure that I am using the sagetv7.xml STV. Do you have to do something else?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
How do you go back to the default UI after installing Diamond? I am able to get the Main Menu to be back to normal with the TV on the beach and the original fonts, but the second level menus, etc. appear to be the Diamond Blue theme. And when I go into screens such as the All Recordings screen I am still seeing banners and Fanart backgrounds.

I have switched the Theme back to standard and I made sure that I am using the sagetv7.xml STV. Do you have to do something else?
Diamond is a UI Mod (STVi) that gets loaded until you uninstall/disable in the plugins menu. Once you have uninstalled or disabled the UI Mod then set the theme to Standard and you are back to default.

Sorry to see you give up on Diamond so soon

Cheers,

J

Last edited by jorton; 12-26-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry to see you give up on Diamond so soon
Don't worry, I haven't given up on it, I quite like it. I just wanted to go back to the default UI to check something out for a bit. But I plan to keep using Diamond on my server although my five HD-200s will stay with SageMC for now for WAF/KAF reasons.

There are two things I would personally like to change:
(1) Reduce the menu font size/boldness as they are too large for my taste.
(2) Be able to change the menus. This is the biggest issue for WAF. Under Videos we only use Folders as most of the other views don't work so well when you have tons of Kids' shows in your Video Library that don't necessarily have proper metadata or Fanart. Therefore views like Wall, Flow and Titles don't work so well. It would be really nice I could get rid of everything except the Folders item under Videos, at least until I deal with fixing all of the metadata/fanart.

On a couple of related notes - in flow is there any way to quickly jump through the list? I have 2651 imported videos - this means that Flow is really slow to load - at least 10 seconds, and then it would take forever to scroll through. In SageMC if you press "m" it will jump to the first show that starts with m - that doesn't seem to work in Diamond Flow. Could that be added.

Same thing with Diamond Wall - it is slow to load and hard to navigate large libraries.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
There are two things I would personally like to change:
(1) Reduce the menu font size/boldness as they are too large for my taste.
(2) Be able to change the menus. This is the biggest issue for WAF. Under Videos we only use Folders as most of the other views don't work so well when you have tons of Kids' shows in your Video Library that don't necessarily have proper metadata or Fanart. Therefore views like Wall, Flow and Titles don't work so well. It would be really nice I could get rid of everything except the Folders item under Videos, at least until I deal with fixing all of the metadata/fanart.
1) The font size in the main menus can be set in the "Diamond" theme.properties file and you can also specify a different font if you would like to use something else.

2) We don't have "dynamic" menus, so that's a tough one. I have created STVi's that hide things I don't use and it works really well.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 12-26-2010, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have created STVi's that hide things I don't use and it works really well.
I assume that this requires work in Studio?

For the rest of the family I am going to have to hold out for Dynamic Menus or hope that Phoenix or Ortus come along soon and that they are better suited to improve the WAF.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Does Diamond show Background Fanart in your Music library. If it does then I haven't set it up properly as I have background photos for many of my music artists.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I assume that this requires work in Studio?
Yah it's Studio work, although it's really easy if you know someone that could do it for you, then you just have install it and the menu items are hidden

J
Closed Thread