SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Does Diamond show Background Fanart in your Music library. If it does then I haven't set it up properly as I have background photos for many of my music artists.
Not yet (although the option may show) and not sure we will be adding it.

Panteragstk is looking at creating a music UI replacement with fanart I believe. See this thread,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52864

J
Old 12-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Could there be a way to add a group for single recordings?

I know you would need at least 2 recording to start a group then a banner would appear but it would be cool if a group can be started when there only 1 recording so we could get the banner with only one recording.

There lots of TV series I don't save after I am done watching them but single recording look so naked without a banner in the recording index so it would be cool it automatically create a group even with only one recording so we could have a banner on it

If it already can be set up this way then please do reply how do I set it up cuz I overlooked it and didn't see any setting to create group even with only 1 recording of that series.

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 12-28-2010, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Could there be a way to add a group for single recordings?

I know you would need at least 2 recording to start a group then a banner would appear but it would be cool if a group can be started when there only 1 recording so we could get the banner with only one recording.

There lots of TV series I don't save after I am done watching them but single recording look so naked without a banner in the recording index so it would be cool it automatically create a group even with only one recording so we could have a banner on it

If it already can be set up this way then please do reply how do I set it up cuz I overlooked it and didn't see any setting to create group even with only 1 recording of that series.

Thank you

Bill
It had been noted time and time again in this very thread. It also has been bugged. There is no way currently.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to have Diamond use Episode specific fanart in lieu of thumbnails in screens like Recording Detail?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is there a way to have Diamond use Episode specific fanart in lieu of thumbnails in screens like Recording Detail?
* I'm assuming you mean in lieu of "generated" thumbnails for my answer.

Not currently, the best you can do on the recording detail screen right now is to install the Phoenix Fanart for V7 (in the UI mod repository) and that will give you a random BG fanart image (from BMT) in the top right.

Myself, I don't like random generated video thumbnails to show so I set the generate thumbnail property in the client properties file to false and that way I get my channel logos showing in the bottom right.

I think in the absence of BG fanart or a channel logo you end up with double channel logos or double BG fanart on the recording detail, can't remember off the top of my head...

Like I mentioned before we haven't tackled the recording detail screen and I'm not sure what the plans are at this point.

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-29-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am loving this theme. Thanks for the amazing work.

I've searched but can't find the answer... Where is the "Series continuing" information coming from in the Diamond Info View? My wife and I are always interested and usually look it up on wikipedia.

Thanks.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 12-30-2010, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
I am loving this theme. Thanks for the amazing work.

I've searched but can't find the answer... Where is the "Series continuing" information coming from in the Diamond Info View? My wife and I are always interested and usually look it up on wikipedia.

Thanks.
It comes from the guide source sagetv uses. They have a series API. I cheat to get it to work for imported tv too only exception is the show must exist in the Series data.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a minor show grouping problem - it appears that Sage and/or Diamond are case sensitive when it come to grouping TV shows into names. For example, I have two groups for the same show, one called Ni Hao, Kai-Lan and one called Ni Hao, Kai-lan - the guide data goes back and forth for this show. Do I have to go and change the metadata to make it consistent? Or is this something that can be changed in Diamond.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have a minor show grouping problem - it appears that Sage and/or Diamond are case sensitive when it come to grouping TV shows into names. For example, I have two groups for the same show, one called Ni Hao, Kai-Lan and one called Ni Hao, Kai-lan - the guide data goes back and forth for this show. Do I have to go and change the metadata to make it consistent? Or is this something that can be changed in Diamond.
I don't have any shows named like you do to confirm (Lan/lan etc..) but I believe that we don't touch the default grouping logic with the Diamond UI Mod, and that it is still the Sagetv standard in recordings listing. Plucky will chime in if I am wrong here.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 12-30-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Diamond team,

First let me say thanks for this theme. It has improved upon what I thought was a big downside to using sage compared to WMC, and has kept me wanting to invest more time and now $$$ into the sage platform.

I just have a simple question and that is in the DiamondFlow view, shouldn't I be able to press the "info" button and that bring up the movie's summary/actor/etc information? Right now when I press "info" it does nothing, and in order to get this summary/actor/etc info I have to select the movie, then scroll to the info menu item and select that. I think it would be much more efficient to assign the "info" button to bring up this information.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Diamond team,

First let me say thanks for this theme. It has improved upon what I thought was a big downside to using sage compared to WMC, and has kept me wanting to invest more time and now $$$ into the sage platform.

I just have a simple question and that is in the DiamondFlow view, shouldn't I be able to press the "info" button and that bring up the movie's summary/actor/etc information? Right now when I press "info" it does nothing, and in order to get this summary/actor/etc info I have to select the movie, then scroll to the info menu item and select that. I think it would be much more efficient to assign the "info" button to bring up this information.
yes please log that issue I forgot to map it.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Any reason why you display the date added in the episodes under Imported TV... If anything I think the original air date would be more informative?... or is there an option to turn this off?

PS I have all the updated BMT etc...
See Screen Attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg addeddate.jpg (158.1 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg details.jpg (170.3 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-04-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Any reason why you display the date added in the episodes under Imported TV... If anything I think the original air date would be more informative?... or is there an option to turn this off?

PS I have all the updated BMT etc...
See Screen Attached
Those screens are not modified by diamond other then theming that is all the default info.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Any Idea where it's getting that date from... It was never there before updating to new BMT?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Any Idea where it's getting that date from... It was never there before updating to new BMT?
I had the same issue with Diamond's Imported TV view. At first it would display "Year xxxx" and then after cleaning up the years from TV shows within BMT I then get what you are seeing "Month dd, Year".

I would think that the issue that was already raised where Diamond is treating Imported TV like a Movie in this view is what is causing this issue. I made a small STVi to fix this for myself until the next Diamond release.

k
Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I had the same issue with Diamond's Imported TV view. At first it would display "Year xxxx" and then after cleaning up the years from TV shows within BMT I then get what you are seeing "Month dd, Year".

I would think that the issue that was already raised where Diamond is treating Imported TV like a Movie in this view is what is causing this issue. I made a small STVi to fix this for myself until the next Diamond release.

k
We dont treat it any different the screenshots he posted are of the info view and again we didn't and dont and won't modify that in the next release.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

k
Maybe you can let me have a copy of your STVI... I really don't like that date there.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
We dont treat it any different the screenshots he posted are of the info view and again we didn't and dont and won't modify that in the next release.
I was referring to his first screen shot of the episode listing for Deep Space Nine showing June 28 2010. This view is from the Imported TV view in Diamond and should be showing the SxxEyy or Eyy as a prefix for each episode name. This was the issue raised as issue #9 and is marked Fixed now so I assumed this would fix the issue in the next release.

k
Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was referring to his first screen shot of the episode listing for Deep Space Nine showing June 28 2010. This view is from the Imported TV view in Diamond and should be showing the SxxEyy or Eyy as a prefix for each episode name. This was the issue raised as issue #9 and is marked Fixed now so I assumed this would fix the issue in the next release.

k
Wow sorry about that his first screenshot didn't load correctly the first time. Ys that will be fixed.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks guys will wait for update.