SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I was reading in another thread - someone was having phoenix inadvertently add metadata to their imports. This lead me to see that Diamond Theme is actually dependent on the Phoenix Core Services plugin. I don't know all the inner workings of the theme, but it seems all you would need to be dependent on is the Phoenix API to retrieve fanart and use the image apis. If this is the case, think the dependency could be changed to reflect this, so the core services (the part of BMT that gets the metadata) isn't installed without someone actually wanting that feature?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I was reading in another thread - someone was having phoenix inadvertently add metadata to their imports. This lead me to see that Diamond Theme is actually dependent on the Phoenix Core Services plugin. I don't know all the inner workings of the theme, but it seems all you would need to be dependent on is the Phoenix API to retrieve fanart and use the image apis. If this is the case, think the dependency could be changed to reflect this, so the core services (the part of BMT that gets the metadata) isn't installed without someone actually wanting that feature?
Hey Fuzzy,

Currently if we don't make the Phoenix Core Services a dependancy there was no way to set your fanart location unless the user has a plugin like Bialios Phoenix Fanart for V7, Phoenix fanart for Malore (V7) or your own Malore Tweaks plugin (has the Phoenix Fanart for Malore as a dependancy) that allow you to set the fanart location in the custom settings menu. Since none of those plugins are a dependancy of Diamond if a user didn't have at least one of them installed they would have to go into the Phoenix Core Services config in the installed plugins section and set it there.

Does this mean that the Phoenix Core Services should only be installed on the machine (i.e. server) with BMT installed if installed at all???

Diamond is a work in progress, so I'll log this as an issue and see if we can add a setting or something to allow us to just use the just the API and not have to rely on the whole Phoenix Core Services if that is the recommended way to go about it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 01-07-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Hey Fuzzy,

Currently if we don't make the Phoenix Core Services a dependancy there was no way to set your fanart location unless the user has a plugin like Bialios Phoenix Fanart for V7, Phoenix fanart for Malore (V7) or your own Malore Tweaks plugin (has the Phoenix Fanart for Malore as a dependancy) that allow you to set the fanart location in the custom settings menu. Since none of those plugins are a dependancy of Diamond if a user didn't have at least one of them installed they would have to go into the Phoenix Core Services config in the installed plugins section and set it there.

Does this mean that the Phoenix Core Services should only be installed on the machine (i.e. server) with BMT installed if installed at all???

Diamond is a work in progress, so I'll log this as an issue and see if we can add a setting or something to allow us to just use the just the API and not have to rely on the whole Phoenix Core Services if that is the recommended way to go about it.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Don't log it Jeremy we need to depend on the core services for future expansion this will not change. We already discussed this and just realing on the Phoenix API would cause more support than it is worth. Also of note Phoenix does not add metadata the core services or the API that I an aware of so that issues is something else. Only BMt adds metadata.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Don't log it Jeremy we need to depend on the core services for future expansion this will not change. We already discussed this and just realing on the Phoenix API would cause more support than it is worth.
Sorry I was too quick and I already did, I'll remove it then.

Thanks,

J
Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 PM
SageTVaholic

All the metadata scraping and everything at the core of BMT is in the Phoenix Core services. All the BMT web interface is is a front end for those services. That's why I think it folly to install the core services unless they are needed. If the Central Fanart folder is the only reason, that can easily be added to your theme.. ;-) (Of course, it would be a lot easier if the Phoenix API could have a config page... perhaps A very simple UI mod called 'Fanart Config' could be created that would add a config screen to the detailed setup and have phoenix API dependent on it. In the end, I am just VERY unhappy with the Plugin Configuration system in v7. It's a little better then the 'no system' from v6, but it is VERY cumbersome for the end user (and ridiculous that certain plugin types can't even HAVE a config).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
All the metadata scraping and everything at the core of BMT is in the Phoenix Core services. All the BMT web interface is is a front end for those services. That's why I think it folly to install the core services unless they are needed. If the Central Fanart folder is the only reason, that can easily be added to your theme.. ;-) (Of course, it would be a lot easier if the Phoenix API could have a config page... perhaps A very simple UI mod called 'Fanart Config' could be created that would add a config screen to the detailed setup and have phoenix API dependent on it. In the end, I am just VERY unhappy with the Plugin Configuration system in v7. It's a little better then the 'no system' from v6, but it is VERY cumbersome for the end user (and ridiculous that certain plugin types can't even HAVE a config).
Agreed as a dev I try to take the path of least resistance or problems. Since diamond relies on bmt it really makes since for use o depend on it as it is the only scraper that works with Phoenix so to me they are one in the same.

If we change the dependencies to just API people will complain they can't set their fanart folder or can't do this or that and I already spend to much time on here as it is
Old 01-07-2011, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

It actually sounds like you should either go one way or the other. Either depend on just the API, and count on someone configuring/acquiring their fanart elsewhere, or depend on BMT, so they can have it all. I think that's the problem, installing the Core services, without a clear cut way to use them, or the users even knowing that something is in there mucking with the metadata.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It actually sounds like you should either go one way or the other. Either depend on just the API, and count on someone configuring/acquiring their fanart elsewhere, or depend on BMT, so they can have it all. I think that's the problem, installing the Core services, without a clear cut way to use them, or the users even knowing that something is in there mucking with the metadata.
It doesn't "muck" with their metadata out of the box as far as I know. I thought they had to turn that on. Like I definately don't want to force bmt but I also dont wan one million support questions of how do I enable fanart or this or that. It is a lose lose situation for the most part.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Sage Expert

Thumbs up Diamond Theme

Pluckyhd, I love the diamond theme. Thanks so much for this great UI mod! SIMPLY AWESOME!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks. Diamond Theme is amazing and my wife loves it because it solved her one major pain point with the V7 UI. We have custom category colors set up and in the default UI it's always difficult to tell which program is the active selection. With the big bright blue selector of Diamond Theme this problem is gone. Thanks!
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 01-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried finding a mention of this issue in the thread, but couldn't find something with the search terms I tried, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.

Because I was most recently using Sage MyMovies, I have all of my imported movies in a folder/file orientation. (\\whs\videos\movies\Fletch\Fletch.mkv)

When browsing the Diamond Wall View, I have two entries for each movie, one for the folder and one for the file.

Also, because I archive my TV shows from my Sage box to my WHS via a routine in SJQ, I have to have the archive folder as an import folder. TV files that BMT can't find metadata for (i.e. NFL or anything else that TVDB doesn't have an entry for) get automatically flagged as Movies with no metadata. I'm assuming that's why my files missing metadata are showing up there, correct?

Other than these two issues, this UI Mod is fantastic. Thanks for putting it out there!
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
I tried finding a mention of this issue in the thread, but couldn't find something with the search terms I tried, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.

Because I was most recently using Sage MyMovies, I have all of my imported movies in a folder/file orientation. (\\whs\videos\movies\Fletch\Fletch.mkv)

When browsing the Diamond Wall View, I have two entries for each movie, one for the folder and one for the file.

Also, because I archive my TV shows from my Sage box to my WHS via a routine in SJQ, I have to have the archive folder as an import folder. TV files that BMT can't find metadata for (i.e. NFL or anything else that TVDB doesn't have an entry for) get automatically flagged as Movies with no metadata. I'm assuming that's why my files missing metadata are showing up there, correct?

Other than these two issues, this UI Mod is fantastic. Thanks for putting it out there!
Hey ohpleaseno,

I have SMM running and MyMovies Collection Management running with the same file structure as you and have never seen that in the Diamond Wall view and I have tested quite a bit. Not sure why you would be seeing the folders and the contained movie files listed like that. I did at one point see files listed for my MKV's and then another entry for the .properties files associated the the mkv file but that is different that what you are seening. I ended up deleting the duplicates .properties files very carefully as to not delete the actual movie files and they have not come back to date.

I think I read somewhere that if you import videos and they are not recognized as TV they will be treated as movies so that part sounds right. Maybe an expert will chime in.

Sorry that I can't be more of a help.

Glad you like Diamond

J
Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

so do you have:

Code:
Videos
   Movie Folder
   Movie.mpg
Or

Code:
Videos
  Movie Folder
    Movie.mpg
ie are the movie folder and movie.mpg at the same level or is movie.mpg a sub of Movie folder...

if the latter i'm pretty sure there's an option somewhere in detailed setup that suppresses the Movie Folder for folders that only contain a single movie.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I have not yet started to use Diamond - I plan to - but am using Sage MyMovies, and recently had the same thing happen. The the Dark Knight (folder) entry would play fine; but, if I selected the Dark Knight.mkv entry, it would not play. So, my guess is that this is not a Diamond issue, but more likely a setup issue of some sort. I have had SMM for quite some time w/o this issue, but was having network issues with the HD 300, so temporarily turned off various plugins, including SMM. The two-entry problem only started after turning SMM back on and only occurs on my Server/Client machine. I did not restart SMM on the extenders and don't have the problem there. It could be related to the SMM's immediate update feature for when videos are added to the collection. I also have Collection manager set to discover videos as they are added. Sage is not set to discover when a drive has been added (i.e., I use a flash drive for transferring the video files). Sorry for the rant; but maybe there is a clue in all of it.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhorer View Post
I have not yet started to use Diamond - I plan to - but am using Sage MyMovies, and recently had the same thing happen. The the Dark Knight (folder) entry would play fine; but, if I selected the Dark Knight.mkv entry, it would not play. So, my guess is that this is not a Diamond issue, but more likely a setup issue of some sort. I have had SMM for quite some time w/o this issue, but was having network issues with the HD 300, so temporarily turned off various plugins, including SMM. The two-entry problem only started after turning SMM back on and only occurs on my Server/Client machine. I did not restart SMM on the extenders and don't have the problem there. It could be related to the SMM's immediate update feature for when videos are added to the collection. I also have Collection manager set to discover videos as they are added. Sage is not set to discover when a drive has been added (i.e., I use a flash drive for transferring the video files). Sorry for the rant; but maybe there is a clue in all of it.
This is what was happening to me exactly. If you go into the info screen for the "Dark Night.mkv" entry you will probably notice that the file it is pointing to is "Dark Night.mkv.properties" file. This has been discussed before here just not sure if anyone every figured it out,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52400

As of right now (knock on wood) I don't have them after deleting them manually awhile back. I saw them with or without Diamond UI Mod installed so don't think it's Diamond related at all.

Jeremy
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am seeing this as well. I think I have figured out that MyMovies is creating the .properties file, but why Sage is thinking it is a movie, is way above me. It seems that it is the MyMovies collection management tool that is creating the .properties file, I had the plugin uninstalled and was still getting the extra entries as I was cleaning up my MyMovies collection.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
so do you have:

Or

Code:
Videos
  Movie Folder
    Movie.mpg
This one

Quote:

if the latter i'm pretty sure there's an option somewhere in detailed setup that suppresses the Movie Folder for folders that only contain a single movie.
I'll look for it. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
This is what was happening to me exactly. If you go into the info screen for the "Dark Night.mkv" entry you will probably notice that the file it is pointing to is "Dark Night.mkv.properties" file. This has been discussed before here just not sure if anyone every figured it out,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52400

As of right now (knock on wood) I don't have them after deleting them manually awhile back. I saw them with or without Diamond UI Mod installed so don't think it's Diamond related at all.

Jeremy
So if that is the case, how would any of you recommend going back and deleting all of these .properties files that are erroneously being recognized as movies? I have a large collection and that would be a pain.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So if that is the case, how would any of you recommend going back and deleting all of these .properties files that are erroneously being recognized as movies? I have a large collection and that would be a pain.
Shouldn't be necessary in the next build of Diamond. I believe our library patch fixes this. Do they show up in the default view as well? or just diamond if just diamond it is us.

If mymovies generated them you can also have mymovies go in and clean them up.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

I know this has been brought up be before and was shot down but is it possible to have banner for a single video file? Just looks empty and incomplete when you don't have banner art.

I still love it though.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Closed Thread