SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Suggestion-

In the Video\Folders view would it be possible to display ShowTitle-EpisodeTitle rather than the current which is Filename? There is no point in displaying the filename when you spend time trying to correct the metadata, and the filename could be used as the fallback if metadata does not exist.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Don't know if it will help, but you might want to try deleting the following folder and letting the images re-cache,

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\cache\DiamondImages

J
Thanks, I'll try it. Another weirdness is that a bunch of banners reappeared around the time I disabled the Playon importer pluging. Odd.

I'm wondering if it's more of a BMT issue at this point since it looks like some of the folders I had created to resolve naming issues with a couple of shows (Like Parenthood) had been deleted from the Fanart folder for unknown reasons.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 01-16-2011, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Suggestion-

In the Video\Folders view would it be possible to display ShowTitle-EpisodeTitle rather than the current which is Filename? There is no point in displaying the filename when you spend time trying to correct the metadata, and the filename could be used as the fallback if metadata does not exist.
We don't currently modify that screen and probably won't much since we are making our own views.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you mean new screens in Diamond or in a new UI like Phoenix? Either way can I suggest a screen that takes it's structure from the file system but then uses Show Title as the main display title.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Do you mean new screens in Diamond or in a new UI like Phoenix? Either way can I suggest a screen that takes it's structure from the file system but then uses Show Title as the main display title.
New video screens in Diamond. Plucky has already done some very nice work creating the Wall and Flow (cover flow) video screens in the Diamond UI Mod. See the first post in the thread for screen shots.

J
Old 01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Those look good but it is pretty much impossible for me to depend on Flow or Wall views that incorporate all of one's videos. I have about 2600 videos - primarily Kids' shows but also archived TV shows, movies and sports

Not all of these files have proper metadata and Fanart and they never will unless I manually create it - I believe these views depend on decent Fanart.

And I don't want to be mixing the Kids' shows, the Tv shows and the movies. It works fine when you can organize by Folders but then you want to see the proper titles of the shows if the exist and fall back on file names if they don't

This is the way that SageMC does things and it is one of the reasons that I still primarily use SageMC as the front end for the rest of the family while I use Diamond myself on the server and/or Placeshifter clients. Diamond is getting close to having the right level of FAF - I just need to be able to trim down menu items that aren't necessary.

A Diamond Wall or Diamond Flow view would be great if (1) it followed the menu structure rather than lumpiing all files into one view and (2) if it used episode specific Fanart. My 120 Dora the Explorer episodes currently have Season specific Fanart which helps in these views but 20 files with the same Fanart still makes it hard to find what you want.

This is what I mean - here is a portion of my Diamond Wall:
Old 01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Not going to do a file system to view sorry, also we just return what Phoenix fanart calls return for tv. That should be marked tv and I the diamond tv section for better viewing...diamond wall and cover don't include tv files import or recorded but diamond tv section does.

It will be more dynamic in the next build ie you will be able to specify folders and use multiple views per folder. But I won't be doing a filesystem view ad once I do the aforementioned I don't see a need.

If your tv shows are showing up I diamond wall or flow your metadata isn't correct.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

These are TV shows but they were not recorded by Sage, or at least not in the current Sage system (they were recorded in TiVo, Win XP MCE or BTV), so they don't have valid metadata. Historically I have kept such archived shows in my Video Library and it worked very well given the way that SageMC displayed them.

But perhaps going forward I should just have them classified as TV shows in Sage and then that will deal with the bulk of these issues.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
These are TV shows but they were not recorded by Sage, or at least not in the current Sage system (they were recorded in TiVo, Win XP MCE or BTV), so they don't have valid metadata. Historically I have kept such archived shows in my Video Library and it worked very well given the way that SageMC displayed them.

But perhaps going forward I should just have them classified as TV shows in Sage and then that will deal with the bulk of these issues.
I would. It is hard to display tv in a movie interface. You don't need to import them into sagetv recordings for diamond only get BMt to set the media type as tv and diamond will put them in tv automatically they are then sorted by seasons or episode names.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

I been using SageTV for a long time but very new to this "import" stuffs

I always record the shows I watch then just delete them after I am done but with my son turning 3 years old and he a big fans of some of the PBS show and Mickey Mouse club I have to start saving them cuz he love watching them over and over again.

So I got around to learning to convert them to avi using SageTV built in covertor to save spaces on my Harddrive and now I am trying to figure out how to get them out of my recording list and put in it in imported video folder.

I already moved all shows into it own new folder I created like Mickey Mouse Club etc and then did a library scan. It does show up in Diamond Flow or Wall.

My problem is that there a bunch of "unknown" or strange name like my tuner "Happauge WinTV PVR PCI Capture TV Tuner II" 18 of those filmstrip icons, and when I check video info and look at filename it only show []

When I tried to delete them, it just flashes the screen and does nothing to them and they still remain on the list in wall or flow

Another question is when I enable fanart in wall or flow it does not show any fanarts but it show fanarts without any problem in the recording folder.

Do I need to do something after I move the file over to imported folder to bring the fanart over to it too?

Remember I very new to this "imported" deal so I am not sure what I need to do to get it out of my recording folder and put it in it own folder for my son.

Thank you for your help

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-17-2011, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Bill,

First the tuners showing a bs such is a know issue with the current release of diamond and has been addressed in the next build.

Second when you move your tv out of recorded tv library you loses the bmt fanart associated with it. Know here come the fun part if you read a couple of post above you will see even after you get your fanart and metadata associated with it it will move back to tv In in diamond. At this point it will be considered imported tv and you can filter it on and off in diamond (better in the next build). With diamond there will be no way to get imported or recorded tv into the diamond video views. You can still get them into the default videos view however.

Plucky
Old 01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Bill,

First the tuners showing a bs such is a know issue with the current release of diamond and has been addressed in the next build.

Second when you move your tv out of recorded tv library you loses the bmt fanart associated with it. Know here come the fun part if you read a couple of post above you will see even after you get your fanart and metadata associated with it it will move back to tv In in diamond. At this point it will be considered imported tv and you can filter it on and off in diamond (better in the next build). With diamond there will be no way to get imported or recorded tv into the diamond video views. You can still get them into the default videos view however.

Plucky

Ok Thank you so much for your reply

I think I will just leave all recorded showings in recorded video since I still can converted the shows into a different format and it still keep the fanarts and play the converted format from there so might as well leave it alone.

Then just use Diamond flow/walls for my son DVD shows that I might try learn how to import it into SageTV make it easier for us to select the movies or show he wanted to watch quickly without finding the discs.

Also can't want for the next build to get rid of all those annoying tuners icons in the flow/wall.

Keep up with the great project!

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for this awesome plugging!

I'm sorry if this was answer before but, is there any way to automatically download the series banners to make it look that the screen shot from the first post here?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
Thanks for this awesome plugging!

I'm sorry if this was answer before but, is there any way to automatically download the series banners to make it look that the screen shot from the first post here?
You need to install BMT and have it fetch the metedata and fanart to show in Diamond (or any other UI plugin that uses fanart etc...)

BMT is availible in the the plugin repository. Here is a link to the BMT thread that has lots of info,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Good luck,

Jeremy
Old 01-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Sage Expert

I tried to use Diamond but even it looks nice it was too slow on my HD100. I switchd to MB Diamond theme and I absolutely love it. So this might be little bit off topic, but thank you for wonderful theme.

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
I tried to use Diamond but even it looks nice it was too slow on my HD100. I switchd to MB Diamond theme and I absolutely love it. So this might be little bit off topic, but thank you for wonderful theme.
Glad you like it, MBDiamond was only a theme with no UI tweaks or fanart addons etc... and was my first crack at a full theme. I think I heard/read that some have found that MBDiamond on HD100's worked pretty well.

I am guessing here, but it may just be all the fanart in the Diamond UI making the HD100 choke a bit (banners, posters and backgrounds etc...). I use an HD300 myself with Diamond for testing etc and it has the odd very minor hickup but is pretty smooth otherwise.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

There is an error in the current code that makes loading the custom diamond views very slow on a extender and even worse on a client. Tv usually isn't ok bad. Regardless it has been fixed in the next build or I should say is in the process of being fixed.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I am guessing here, but it may just be all the fanart in the Diamond UI making the HD100 choke a bit (banners, posters and backgrounds etc...). I use an HD300 myself with Diamond for testing etc and it has the odd very minor hickup but is pretty smooth otherwise.
Actually I have no fanart downloaded so unless it is the code which checks for it, it maybe something different which is slowing it down. In any case, I love MBDiamond with the additional add-on for it to provide green highlights. It drastically improves readability on my old CRT TV. Job well done!

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for all your hard work! Diamond is just what the I was looking for!

Only problem is I'm getting no Fanart with it (I get it with other plugins).

I'm using Linux and I have found an issue, seems to be a slash bug -

Code:
root@media:/opt/sagetv/server# ls
cache
cache\DiamondImages\
cache\DiamondImages\backgrounds\
cache\DiamondImages\movies\posters\
cache\DiamondImages\tv\series_banners\
cache\DiamondImages\tv\series_posters\
Diamond creates it's cache subdirectories the windows way, (using backslashes!).
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKKer View Post
Thanks for all your hard work! Diamond is just what the I was looking for!

Only problem is I'm getting no Fanart with it (I get it with other plugins).

I'm using Linux and I have found an issue, seems to be a slash bug -

Code:
root@media:/opt/sagetv/server# ls
cache
cache\DiamondImages\
cache\DiamondImages\backgrounds\
cache\DiamondImages\movies\posters\
cache\DiamondImages\tv\series_banners\
cache\DiamondImages\tv\series_posters\
Diamond creates it's cache subdirectories the windows way, (using backslashes!).
I think that is the same as issue #12 on our log and it's scheduled to be fixed.

http://code.google.com/p/jorton/issues/detail?id=12

Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Closed Thread