SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Excellent work, guys! I very much like having my clock back when I fast forward so thanks for that too

FYI, I have been running your MBDiamond theme for quite some time. When I went to install this I installed the UI plugin as mentioned. However, when the UI restarted, things didn't look very good. It didn't look anything like the pictures and it was very difficult to navigate because some of the picked options only changed by a shade of white... there were no flyout boxes nor boxes/shading around the selected item. I restarted Sage and it was still the same. I went into the setup area and noticed that MBDiamond was still selected. I selected just Diamond and all was better So, just FYI, for whatever reason, my theme didn't automatically switch to the straight Diamond theme after the UI reboot or Sage reboot. And, after getting everything squared away, I went to the HD300 to see how it looked and it booted up with the UI mod but the MBDiamond theme and as you probably know, these two don't play well together

Also, I noticed some overlapping of the selection area when resolving conflicts. For example, I think the top show was 2 hours long and under that I had two shows with the first one being an 1 hour long and the second one being 2 hours long. When I navigated away from the first show by pressing down on the remote, the 1 hour long show was selected but the selection bar stayed 2 hours long and thus went 1 hour into the next 2 hour show on the same channel. I had noticed some overlapping issues in the conflicts resolution area one time before (not using this new theme) so not immediately sure if this is related to theme or not but just mentioning it in case some others see some overlapping issues here too.

Again, this looks great!!! Thanks much!

Oh, also, if it isn't too much trouble, is there a place where we can cross reference the new icons with what the default icons would be? I was viewing the recordings and had an icon up there that I couldn't figure out what it was (three little stars). I can figure it out by switching back to something I'm used to but if you have something already made up and can post it, that would be cool
Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Edit: One more thing. I use the Disk Space bar and the text on that also looks really big. I can't find a setting for that with the other Disk Space bar settings. Any help?
I'm not really sure of the code behind that I just hid some images and replaced with Diamond theme versions.

In the theme.properties file you will find,

# Disk Space info fonts
String/gFontStyleDiskSpaceTitle=Bold
NumberInteger/gFontSizeDiskSpaceTitle=22

Changing to "plain" or decreasing the font size might help.

Jeremy
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Oh, also, if it isn't too much trouble, is there a place where we can cross reference the new icons with what the default icons would be? I was viewing the recordings and had an icon up there that I couldn't figure out what it was (three little stars). I can figure it out by switching back to something I'm used to but if you have something already made up and can post it, that would be cool
Go to Settings/Help/View TV Indicators and Markers

This will show you what is what.

Jeremy
Old 11-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
This addresses the OSD scaling issue some has on extenders (I hope)
FYI, I'm running 1080p on my HD300 and saw scaling issues as well but the new update looks good!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Go to Settings/Help/View TV Indicators and Markers

This will show you what is what.

Jeremy
Wowza, you guys were thorough in everything! Never even thought to check the "Help" area. DOH!!! LOL Thanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Wowza, you guys were thorough in everything! Never even thought to check the "Help" area. DOH!!! LOL Thanks!
That was just a nice coincidence cause the default help menu uses the current icons so it just updated, you can thank the Sagetv guys for that
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

I checked in the Help, but I didn't see what the green box with the blue line next to the recording icon means. Any clues?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I checked in the Help, but I didn't see what the green box with the blue line next to the recording icon means. Any clues?
Those are comskip replacement icons, all green bars is no comskip file, green with blue in the middle is comskip file is present.

It will show in the header if you have the commercial detector plugin installed and means something is being marked.

Jeremy
Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Actually I don't think it does if you native switching on but would have to double check that, regardless that doesn't make any difference in the UI problems Bialio was/is having it is a another issue. Although we didn't change that from the default but I think Jorton managed to fix it hopefully.
not that it matters for the conversation... but with native resolution enabled when playback is stopped the extender reverts to the default resolution (set in the detailed settings)... so its still scaling the UI resolution to the output resolution.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

All I can say is WOW. This is some excellent work. Thank you so much.

Is it possible to have the fan art not reload when I switch between recordings of the same show.

So, for instance, I'm in my "the office" group of recordings. Everything in here is the office and yet when I scroll through the list it still tries to switch the fan art. I'd much prefer that it just keep the same image. It's less distracting that way.

Sorry of that's been covered. Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

One more thing, is it possible to hold off on displaying fan art when a video is playing. I like fan art for my guide but it covers up my background video when I select a show.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Is it possible to have the fan art not reload when I switch between recordings of the same show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
One more thing, is it possible to hold off on displaying fan art when a video is playing. I like fan art for my guide but it covers up my background video when I select a show.
Not sure if this is fully funcitonal but please log the issue/feature request at the following link,

http://code.google.com/p/jorton/issues/list

We'll see what we can do.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not seeing fanart in the guide. Is there someplace I need to enable it?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm not seeing fanart in the guide. Is there someplace I need to enable it?
Bring up the options panel by hitting escape (or options on remote) and toggle the bottom option "FanartOff", fanart is enabled if you see "ShowFanart".

Jeremy
Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericft View Post
the backdrops in the SMM folders view no longer show up..could it be an extension difference as it was before...icons as .png and backdrops .jpg...maybe that is why they don't show up? thanks for the great work..
The Diamond genres icons are PNG's and the genre backdrops are jpg's to work with MyMovies Genres.

http://jorton.googlecode.com/files/S...hemeGenres.zip

http://jorton.googlecode.com/files/S...nreAddon1a.zip

Not sure about the folder views / setup as I haven't had time to use them and don't organize my movies that way.

The Diamond Theme/UI Mod will have no effect on the SMM setup so you might want to have a look at the wiki in the SMM forum area for setting up folders with background images. Plucky will point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 11-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

Quote:
Not sure if this is fully funcitonal but please log the issue/feature request at the following link,

We'll see what we can do.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Done!! Issues one and two are filed. I couldn't find a place to set priority so they arrant flagged as enhancements. Sorry.

Keep up the awesome work. This is a very slick theme.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed this last night and so far I'm really liking it. Great work!

I have two improvements I'd like to see implemented, though.

1. please allow removing the volume indicators on the osd. for people that use digital audio outputs, it is completely unnecessary.

2. please allow hiding the titles below the covers in the video section. you have a nice big, pretty picture of the cover, why do you need the movie's title blemishing this?

Thanks again for your hard work!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte1 View Post
I installed this last night and so far I'm really liking it. Great work!

I have two improvements I'd like to see implemented, though.

1. please allow removing the volume indicators on the osd. for people that use digital audio outputs, it is completely unnecessary.

2. please allow hiding the titles below the covers in the video section. you have a nice big, pretty picture of the cover, why do you need the movie's title blemishing this?

Thanks again for your hard work!
1. really it is small and the effort to hide it doesn't seem worth it....

2. Phoenix plugin by bailo alread allows this we will not be changing the default behavior on this one. Use the phoenix plugin and set according to his instructions if that is what you want.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Please log in the issues/feature request database and we will see what we can do,

Quote:
I think you can do this with the CVF plugin, it makes some other changes too and requires a little setup to get the look you want.

If you would like to see just the title removed or the option to do so as part of Diamond UI mod (without CVF plugin) please log as above.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Please log in the issues/feature request database and we will see what we can do,

I think you can do this with the CVF plugin, it makes some other changes too and requires a little setup to get the look you want.

If you would like to see just the title removed or the option to do so as part of Diamond UI mod (without CVF plugin) please log as above.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Thanks for the correction it is the CVF Plugin but I also believe Bialo had a way to do it in the phoenix plugin but could be wrong.
Closed Thread