SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Sage Expert

MKV woes

I cannot get consistent MKV playback in the latest beta. Have submitted bugs but logs are apparently not showing anything and/or the issues can't be reproduced. Issues vary from no playback at all (black screen, timeline doesn't advance), audio only playback, stuttering/skipping with VC1, playback stopping if I try skip forward.

I've tried every renderer setting, every video codec and probably every combination of the two. Nothing seems to work reliably. I'm going to document and log each combo in the next few days and submit fresh logs but thought I'd ask what combos every else has working?

Specs are Win7 (32 bit), ATI 5550, have tried Catalyst 10.8 but currently back on 10.5.

Edit:
Forgot to mention I've tried disabling SageTV demux, which results in Haali splitter being used. Thought this had solved it but after a couple of files, same old problems.

Last edited by Mark SS; 09-16-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
I cannot get consistent MKV playback in the latest beta. Have submitted bugs but logs are apparently not showing anything and/or the issues can't be reproduced. Issues vary from no playback at all (black screen, timeline doesn't advance), audio only playback, stuttering/skipping with VC1, playback stopping if I try skip forward.

I've tried every renderer setting, every video codec and probably every combination of the two. Nothing seems to work reliably. I'm going to document and log each combo in the next few days and submit fresh logs but thought I'd ask what combos every else has working?

Specs are Win7 (32 bit), ATI 5550, have tried Catalyst 10.8 but currently back on 10.5.

Edit:
Forgot to mention I've tried disabling SageTV demux, which results in Haali splitter being used. Thought this had solved it but after a couple of files, same old problems.
try the gabest splitter. I have the same problem and no time to fix it...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Sage Expert

I'll certainly throw it in the mix tomorrow. How would I ensure its chosen as the preferred splitter for MKV?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Sage Expert

That fixed it!

Many thanks, the Gabest filter has worked with everything I've thrown at it. For anyone else suffering similar issues, I downloaded it from:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/mkvs-...windows-7.html
Old 09-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Sage User

I'm having the same/similar issues. I rebuild my server from scratch a few nights ago on an intel board with integrated video.

No matter what codec I use (tried coreavc, arcsoft, microsoft, ffdshow, ffdshow dxva) the results are unwatchable in SageTV. Pixelation, 1-2 second pauses, and rainbow colors.

I'm going to take a video with my camera, you've got to see this. I can use the exact same codec with media player classic home cinema and it works fine. I'm about to pull my hair out!

For now, I have told SageTV to use SagePlayer for everything. That seems to work fine, but uses 2-3x more cpu.

** How do I replace the sagetv demuxer?

Last edited by h0tw1r3; 09-17-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Sage User

Disabling the SageTV supplied MpegDeMux filter fixed my problem.
Also, I have been having various stuttering issues during TV playback (both HDPVR and HDHR recordings) which I was NOT having when I was running with an Nvidia video card. For whatever reason, disabling the MpegDeMux filter fixed both problems (btw I was monkeying with the numbuffers and buffersize values which could have screwed it up). Now there is no stuttering in recording playback, and (after installing the MPC-HC standalone MKV splitter) all my MKV's play just fine.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...59&postcount=3
Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 AM
Sage Expert

Gabest filter working perfectly for all videos but noticed last night that no MP3s will play. Any suggestions?