SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

MKV Playback Woes

I just installed Vista and ported over my SageTV XP setup and I'm finding it impossible to get MKV playback like I used to have successfully under XP. Last night I was up to 2:30am and I didn't get it done. Let's just say that having 2 kids, I don't want to do that again tonight because the morning comes awful fast to those with kids.

Anyhow here is my setup:

Video Renderer: EVR
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter: ATI MPEG
MPEG4 Playback: DirectShow
H.264: Arcsoft Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio encoder Filter: AC3Filter

Hardware and OS
Video Card: AMD HD3650
Cat: 9.5

Anyhow, I have Always use DShow set to True. Graphedit shows a Matroska Splitter(Arcsoft), Arcsoft Video, AC3, Arcsoft HD Audio. The result in SageTV and in Graphedit is audio but no video which is the same with Sage.

In my frustration, I tried Haali and get no video but plenty of stuttery audio so I removed that splitter. I tried CoreAVC and that creates a working graph and I get video and audio EXCEPT not in Sage. All I get in Sage is 1 frame of video and audio but the video doesn't move.

The only thing that works reliably is watching MKV files in TMT. I used to be able to get perfectly fine MKV video/audio in Sage with Arcsoft alone but no dice now. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Try the mpc filters. They are based on gabest. Be sure and get version 6.5.16 or later as well because that version will let you use an alternate demuxer other than sages.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK I loaded the MPC Standalone filters and registered the MPC Matroska splitter. I confirmed that it removed the Arcsoft Matroska filter and graphedit seems to be building the graph with MPC but I get the same problem, audio but no video. Sagetv presents the same issue. The only thing that seems odd to me is that the mkv splitter in graphedit says undetermined in both the video and audio pins. I've seen this before and it worked with FFDshow but I didn't understand what it meant.

What I don't understand it why MKV's play fine within the Arcsoft player but not outside using Directshow. It seems to me that Arcsoft's player just uses Directshow as well since I've seen it get taken over by FFDShow and lose hardware acceleration before.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I'm nearly about to give up in getting video to play in MKV format in Vista. I've been having much better luck with the .TS container. Is there some major downside to converting my ISO and MKV files to .TS from here on out? I've been able to get .TS to playback without a hitch on my AMD/ATI box and my HD Extender.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Also, does Sage allow subtitle and chapter usage in a Clown BD created TS file?