SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Sage User

HD300 - Tv & Guide buttons do nothing

This has to be a dumb question so please be patient. My HD100 power supply died so I ordered an HD300 & received it today. It's connected & working fine with just the standard Sage 6.6 intergace. In the past when I clicked Videos on the remote I would be taken to my video recordings. There was a distinction in the setup between "recorded" videos from my server & other videos. Now there's just videos. I assume I simply add the folder for recordings to the search criteria & all videos will be grouped in the one screen, both recorded & other. I can't see how to remove a search folder if I change it. Any ideas, not that that's a major issue.

There also used to be "Live TV" on the menu & it did the same as clicking the TV button on the remote. It's gone from the menu & clicking that button does nothing. The same with the Guide button, nothing. I don't see anywhere in the manual or on this forum where there is any way to configure live TV.

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Sage User

Wow. It was stupid. I didn't realize that I had to have an HD TV Tuner to watch live TV. Figured it would be downward compatible. Never mind.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

You need a tuner to watch Live TV. It doesn't need to be an HD tuner. Any SD or HD tuner supported in Sage will work.
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Sage User

I have 3 tuners in the server where the video files are located. On the HD100 there was a part of the setup where you identified these tuners but there is nothing in the Setup for the HD300 to enable you to do that. So I assumed it would see the tuners on the server that it is connected to.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you sure you're actually connected to the server in extender mode? By default the HD300 boots into standalone player mode, unless you've specifically selected a server and told it to autoconnect on bootup.

In standalone mode you can access your server's file system for playback of existing media, but you won't have access to any of the recording functions (including live TV). For that you need to connect to the server in extender mode.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Sage User

I assumed I was connected but I see that I wasn't. Thanks for the info. I went to look at Servers on the menu, saw mine, saw that autoconnect was checked & restarted the box. It started & loooked the same. I had to go back to Servers & actually choose the only server listed for it to connect. Didn't know that was necessary.

Now that I've done that it looks the same as the HD100 menu. Which is awesome as my family uses both machines.

One oddity, for some reason the menu in the standalone allowed me to choose Subtitles for a movie and when connected to the server it's not there. It's available on my server when watching a movie, not on my HD100 & now not on the HD300. Yet in standalone it was available on the HD300. Very strange.

But thanks a lot for your help.