SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I have a infrared temperature gun and mine is around 100 degrees F. It's warm, but not burning.
+1 Both of mine are warm--but certainly not "burn your hand hot". One of mine is out in the open (on top of an AV receiver in my home gym, the other behind a grill cloth door in an AV cabinet). Even after 3 hours watching football yesterday, the one in the cabinet was warm--but I could easily keep my hand on it.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Sage User

It sounds like a couple of you have defective units. No consumer electronics should ever get so hot to the touch that it could hurt/burn you. 100 degrees Fahrenheit certainly will not burn you, and I doubt anyone (even with sensitive fingers) would consider that "drop it before it burns you" hot.

So my suggestion would be that the few people that truly have units that are untouchable hot open up a support ticket with SageTV. They should be made aware of this officially, not just on the user forum. And this should be done soon in case they need to modify the QA procedures for future shipments. (Like the 2 I just purchased a couple minutes ago )
Provider: FIOS
Clients: 3xHD200 (20100909 0)
2xHD300
Old 10-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTisza View Post
It sounds like a couple of you have defective units. No consumer electronics should ever get so hot to the touch that it could hurt/burn you. 100 degrees Fahrenheit certainly will not burn you, and I doubt anyone (even with sensitive fingers) would consider that "drop it before it burns you" hot.

So my suggestion would be that the few people that truly have units that are untouchable hot open up a support ticket with SageTV. They should be made aware of this officially, not just on the user forum. And this should be done soon in case they need to modify the QA procedures for future shipments. (Like the 2 I just purchased a couple minutes ago )
I agree, if the unit is too hot to hold in your hand then something is wrong. My HD300 is just warm to the touch, even after hours of playing video. It is located in an open space that gets air flow.

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mine is in an open space. After watching HDTV for a few hours, it gets pretty warm to the touch but not scalding hot.