SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Sage User

HD 300 problem

I have a problem with the HD300.

I have one hd300 that is connected through a wire to my router within the house. I have a sagetv service (newest beta) set up on a windows xp pro box and previously was using a mvp media extender. The media extender worked great with no issues except for rather slow navigating the menus. Now I replaced the mvp media extender with the HD300. The problem is the HD300 plays about 5 min of any video either live, or recorded and it goes blank a black screen after 5 min. I have to unplug the unit to get it to come back online.

I have a second one that is connected over the internet. this is a hd300 and it connects to my sagetv server and runs great. The live tv is perfect however the recorded shows stutter. Every 2 min there is a slight pause it is noticable and very annoying. The hd300 in this case replaced the hd200 which did not have the stuttering problem but was slower on the menus.

any help with this would be awesome
Old 09-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Look closely at your hard drive performance, see if you the hard drives are pausing and anythin of that sort. Sagetv seems to be very dependent on a good fast harddrive and clean network connection. The next thing would be to look at your network (switch etc). I would eliminate as much hardware as possible between your server and the hd300. Newer switch have larger buffers (thus increased performance over the network).
Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

I would also recommend updating to the latest beta firmware.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Sage Icon

I think there is a bug in the HD300 networking.

I had a bit different but related issue.

I swapped out a software SageTV client (moved hdmi and network cable) with the HD300. The software SageTV client worked perfectly. The HD300 stuttered like crazy.

I solved the problem by removing a local Gig-e switch the ethernet cable was attached to -- and simply attaching it to the cable that went to my main router (I have an actually 802.11ad aggregated backbone in my house )

I believe the HD300 is requiring OR not requiring flow control. Or has a bug in the flow control config ...

Again the software SageTV client (shuttle PC) had no problem whatsoever hooked up to the exact same switch. The Intel NIC on the shuttle PC had flow-control enabled.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter69 View Post
Look closely at your hard drive performance, see if you the hard drives are pausing and anythin of that sort. Sagetv seems to be very dependent on a good fast harddrive and clean network connection. The next thing would be to look at your network (switch etc). I would eliminate as much hardware as possible between your server and the hd300. Newer switch have larger buffers (thus increased performance over the network).
The hard drives are using usb2 and have not had a problem with the previous configuration. The router is a 1gb router that is directly connected to the internet. This is connected to the sagetv server through a 1gb ethernet card.

The main drive that sagetv is installed in is a SSD drive. All the attached drives have been defraged today but still have the stopping problems.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I would also recommend updating to the latest beta firmware.
is there a new release of firmware? I updated when I received this to the latest beta version because it gives you a warning everytime you login if you do not.

Tags
hd300 media extender