SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Some BD rips do not seek well..ts muxer not always compatible with sage?

I have run into a few rips that do not seem to seek well. In fact as soon as they begin they look strange as the progress bar is all the way to the end but the time counter is starting at the beginning. When I try to fast forward with the remote or move to the next chapter in the menus I am getting one of two results so far. One is a black screen with audio and the other is the screen I was previously viewing with audio. It's like the video doesn't "refresh" or completely blacks out. I believe both of them have the behavior of starting at the progress bar at the end of the file. If I just watch the movie without seeking they appear to play fine. I can't verify this yet as I haven't had 2 hours to kill just to test a movie.

Last edited by rxnelson; 11-06-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: more info---title change
Old 11-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

I changed the title up a bit to reflect what I think the issue is and post some more info...

I started ripping my movies using clownbd which allowed me to pull out just the main video and audio stream. However with some movies it seems that ts muxer is doing something to the stream or remuxing it in a way sage doesn't like. Several but not all movies won't allow me to move the seek bar with the mouse or move to the next chapter. If I watch the whole movie from the start there aren't any issues. When I load up the m2ts file with powerdvd it doesn't exhibit the same problems. I had some time for more testing and it appears so far that if I rip the complete movie to the hard drive I don't have the issue. Unfortunately this uses up way more disk space.