SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Update: this has been fixed for the next version - you can use FilterByMethod()'s "UserCategories" filtering method with comma separated cat & subcat values.

- Andy
Andy, I'm wondering if Michael's initial request is something that could be addressed in the core STV. For example, as a metadata engine, I don't like to crop data elements, like the genres, so ideally, i'd populate as many as I can scrape. BUT, from the STV I can see where people may just want to group on the first genre only, and never concern themselves with the sub genres. Perhaps a setting the in STV could be used to allow a person to ignore sub genres, even if they exist.

For the record, I've pretty much ruled out the idea that bmt will have a property to limit the # of genres that are scraped, since I think that showing/filtering/grouping genres should be done in the UI. If I limited the # of genres to 1, and then someone changed their mind and wanted 3 genres, then they'd have re-scan their entire collection to get the updated genre fields.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Andy, I'm wondering if Michael's initial request is something that could be addressed in the core STV. For example, as a metadata engine, I don't like to crop data elements, like the genres, so ideally, i'd populate as many as I can scrape. BUT, from the STV I can see where people may just want to group on the first genre only, and never concern themselves with the sub genres. Perhaps a setting the in STV could be used to allow a person to ignore sub genres, even if they exist.

For the record, I've pretty much ruled out the idea that bmt will have a property to limit the # of genres that are scraped, since I think that showing/filtering/grouping genres should be done in the UI. If I limited the # of genres to 1, and then someone changed their mind and wanted 3 genres, then they'd have re-scan their entire collection to get the updated genre fields.
Agreed this is the way to go. Sounds like a easy enough plugin to make for someone.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm surprise nobody has thought of this before. I personally dont like to scroll through pages and pages of genre sections; especially when there are a good number of them with only 1 or 2 movies listed in them. There have been so many times where I add a movie that obviously belongs under "Action", but somehow also gets added to a lonely, newly added "Biography" category with only one entry. If this were added to the core STV, I'm curious what would happen when someone with a sageMC client go under their genres section. Would they see a long mess of genres again or would it look nicely cleaned up like the SageTV 7 core STV? That's why I was wonder if there was a way to make one setting which affects all phoenix based STVs.

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm surprise nobody has thought of this before. I personally dont like to scroll through pages and pages of genre sections; especially when there are a good number of them with only 1 or 2 movies listed in them. There have been so many times where I add a movie that obviously belongs under "Action", but somehow also gets added to a lonely, newly added "Biography" category with only one entry. If this were added to the core STV, I'm curious what would happen when someone with a sageMC client go under their genres section. Would they see a long mess of genres again or would it look nicely cleaned up like the SageTV 7 core STV? That's why I was wonder if there was a way to make one setting which affects all phoenix based STVs.
It wouldn't effect sagemc at all and I doubt anyone will fix sagemc but you maybe could get someone too. What Sean is saying it is up to the ui (sagemc or default) to filter not the scraper and he is right.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

This question is sort of related to the above, but I think a little different. Is there a way to edit the genre's - like override the genre provided by the online source?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This question is sort of related to the above, but I think a little different. Is there a way to edit the genre's - like override the genre provided by the online source?
I don't currently allow for editing of genres... it's not hard to do... it just hasn't made my top 10 list
Old 11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean (or anyone), sorry if I'm a little dense. But, if we would want to completely prevent sub-genre's of Movies from being added to Imported Videos regardless of what STV is used, what's the best way to do it? I can guess this would be more appealing to users who primarily use Genre View to locate and play movies quickly. Currently, I have no choice but to manually edit/remove the sub-genre for each movie that gets added to my collection.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-14-2010, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

There's nothing at the moment.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Using the web interface, is there any way to have all the genres go into the main category as a comma separated list? It seems if I have a comma-separated list in the textbox when I save it uses the first as the main category, the second as the sub-category, and throws out the rest. It I use a semicolon-separated list it uses the first as the main category and the rest as the sub-category each separated by a slash.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Using the web interface, is there any way to have all the genres go into the main category as a comma separated list? It seems if I have a comma-separated list in the textbox when I save it uses the first as the main category, the second as the sub-category, and throws out the rest. It I use a semicolon-separated list it uses the first as the main category and the rest as the sub-category each separated by a slash.
The generes are a comma separated list of genres... I think as you've noted, that bmt will put the first on as the categroy and the second one as the sub category.... i don't throw them away, but I wonder if sagetv doesn't save them.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
i don't throw them away, but I wonder if sagetv doesn't save them.
It does appear that Sage might ignore multiple genres in the sub-category since you are passing these on. So, it would be good if possible to have the web interface just pass on the whole list to the main category since Sage definitely can handle this and saves the whole list to the main category (I have confirmed this with .Properties files).
Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
It does appear that Sage might ignore multiple genres in the sub-category since you are passing these on. So, it would be good if possible to have the web interface just pass on the whole list to the main category since Sage definitely can handle this and saves the whole list to the main category (I have confirmed this with .Properties files).
I'll add it as an issue. tx.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'll add it as an issue. tx.
Great - thanks for considering it.