SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Sage User

SMM API V1.200 Keeps Failing

Hi,

I have just tried to upgrade to SMM V1.160 however the SMM API 1.200 is showing up as "Failed". The environment is WHS running Sage 7.0.18.

Before installing the new version of SMM I upgraded to MyMovies for WHS version 1.6.1 Pre-Release 1 and also upgraded collection management on my client PCs to 3.18 Pre-Release 1 and this appears to be working fine.

SMM works if I run the client on the WHS console. However, on Sage TV Client for Windows running on other PCs as well as the HD200 extenders it fails to load.

I have attached the SageMyMovies logs from both the server and the client. There does not seem to be any obvious errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

SageMyMovies.zip

SageMyMovies_Client.zip
Old 10-07-2010, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I see nothing wrong...Can I see some sagetv server logs it will be more descriptive of the failure.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foleyma View Post
Hi,

I have just tried to upgrade to SMM V1.160 however the SMM API 1.200 is showing up as "Failed". The environment is WHS running Sage 7.0.18.

Before installing the new version of SMM I upgraded to MyMovies for WHS version 1.6.1 Pre-Release 1 and also upgraded collection management on my client PCs to 3.18 Pre-Release 1 and this appears to be working fine.

SMM works if I run the client on the WHS console. However, on Sage TV Client for Windows running on other PCs as well as the HD200 extenders it fails to load.

I have attached the SageMyMovies logs from both the server and the client. There does not seem to be any obvious errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Attachment 11282

Attachment 11283
I had the same issue after recovering from my not upgrading MyMovies opps because I didn't read the forums first. Initially SageMyMovies started to generate the DB but stopped for some reason, no errors logged that I could find. (this was during initial re-install of plugins, where plugin stated it was completing the install and sat that way for a while) Stopped SageTV, deleted the 1.60 database that had been partially created, restarted SageTV, had to re-enable SageMyMovies plugin (don't remember if I disabled prior to doing this) It is now in the process of rebuilding the database.

Edit: DB Build hung, API went into failed state.

Last edited by batwater; 10-07-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Sage User

Logs attached.

Mark

sagetv_0.zip
Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Sage User

It is also reporting a failure to me on the Installed plugins screen. The exception to this is that the log file continues to grow and continues to show the addition of more movies from the My Movies DB. I have a little over 300 movies and it is processing 1 movie every 22 seconds.

So it is reporting a failure in the plugins screen, but does appear to continue functioning. Don't know if this helps any.

I am attaching a copy of my log.

Happy hunting. I am keeping my fingers crossed that once the DB is built it will start without reporting a failure, but not holding my breathe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMyMovies.zip (7.0 KB, 205 views)
Old 10-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
I am keeping my fingers crossed that once the DB is built it will start without reporting a failure, but not holding my breathe.
No luck. The DB finished rebuilding at about 6:30 AM. That is a total processing time of more than 4 hours to load the 307 movies. The log doesn't show any issues as far as I can tell, but the API still shows Failed in the plugin screen. I tried stopping/restarting the sage service, but that didn't make a difference. I did NOT look at the log again after the service restart.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Sage User

Okay, so I'm pretty new to SageTV. I'm running Sage7 and have installed SMM, but mine is also stuck on "building database". I've seen many people referring to deleting their databases and re-installing SMM. But I don't know where SMM keeps its database. What directory does SMM database reside in and what is it called?

Also, how do I configure the SMM API? How do I align it with my own MyMovies account? Is that even necessary?

Doug
Old 10-13-2010, 04:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGaither View Post
Okay, so I'm pretty new to SageTV. I'm running Sage7 and have installed SMM, but mine is also stuck on "building database". I've seen many people referring to deleting their databases and re-installing SMM. But I don't know where SMM keeps its database. What directory does SMM database reside in and what is it called?

Also, how do I configure the SMM API? How do I align it with my own MyMovies account? Is that even necessary?

Doug
Hello the wiki links at the top go along way to helping you get started. Remember mymovies collection manager must be runnin on the sagetv computer and any client computers. Also you must be running the latest pre release of smm and the latest version of smm. If you still have questions /issues let me know.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Sage User

Thanks PluckyHD, I found this thread via a search. I didn't even know there was a Sage MyMovies Sub Forum. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm having same problem with the API Failing on update. Sent the logs via email to your sagemymovies email.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
I'm having same problem with the API Failing on update. Sent the logs via email to your sagemymovies email.
I also had a lot of issues getting the API to install successfully. I think I caused Plucky some gray hair by all my support requests and all the log files I sent - Plucky, thanks again for all your help

I finally ended up completely reinstalling my SageTV installation and deleting the respective directories (from both SageTV and SMM). Even after that, the SMM API kept failing - what finally did the trick was to delete the SMM UI plugin once more, but keep the API. The API then suddenly showed up as "enabled", and I was able to re-install the SMM UI plugin successfully. (Now I'm just left with an issue that my old My Movies database entries no longer show up - only the new ones are being... But I seem to be the only one with this issue.)

IMHO, for me the experience shows that the new SageTV v7 plugin infrastructure still might need some more work... but that's just my 5 cents.

Hope you'll get it working as well.

Cheers,
teq

Last edited by teq; 10-17-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

I got it working, I didn't have to go through as drastic measures as reinstalling SageTV but it was something similar with uninstalling, and reinstalling but not restarting. I've sent logs to plucky so that he can hopefully track it down.