SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cable companies not showing in setup?

Hello!

Decided to give my HDPVR another shot. Had it up and running a while back but haven't been using it due to it being unreliable.

Anyway, I went through the setup to add it as a source. Everything seemed to be working fine until I got to the part where I select the type of Program Guide Data Provider. I select "Cable or Satellite" then used my own zip code just like I have for all my other tuners (when I set them up a while ago). When I do this it tells me to select my cable or satellite provider. That would be great except there is nothing in the list! All I have is a blank screen. I've tried rebooting the HTPC server and even used several zip codes in the area and the list is always blank. Weird because my EPG data is fine for my other tuners.

Any idea on why this would be blank and how to get it to where I can select my cable provider? Posting here because I've never had this problem before. Would seem odd though to be a Sage problem because this is a pretty big issue that I'm sure would have been caught by now in the beta process. LOL

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

You told it you're using a set top box, correct? Not a tuner. The HD-PVR is not a tuner.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
You told it you're using a set top box, correct? Not a tuner. The HD-PVR is not a tuner.

Gerry
Yes. Just to be sure though, here are the steps...

Setup
Setup Video Sources
Add New Source
Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device
Component+SPDIF
Continue (preview shows up with audio)
Use external cable or satellite receiver to tune channel
USB-UIRT transceiver (because I've read the HDPVR one is unreliable)
I added a cablebox and went through the remote numbers learning
Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide data with this source
Cable or Satellite
Use the zip/postal code 34452 (my zip)
Now is when my list is blank where it is asking me to select my cable company?

I obviously just went through it again and have the same results. Odd thing is is that I've setup the HD PVR before and it worked no problem... but that may have been right before I switched to V7. However, I did do a clean install with V7 so know my cable company was recognized previously.

I could delete one of my PVR250 tuners and see if when reloading I run into the same problem but I have a lot of recordings tonight (need all my PVR250 tuners) and "scared" I might not be able to get it back. LOL!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Administrator

I just tried using that zip code and saw a list I could choose from.

Check your firewall port setting (one of the FAQs talks about firewall port settings and so does the PDF manual).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Sage Expert

I just had this happen to me when adding a source from my server. But when I went to the client, it worked fine. I'm still om 7.0.17.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I just tried using that zip code and saw a list I could choose from.

Check your firewall port setting (one of the FAQs talks about firewall port settings and so does the PDF manual).

- Andy
Thanks for the suggestion, Andy. I have been using Sage for a while and never had this issue before and never had to enable any ports. Also, I have 3 tuners in my server right now that download the guide data no problem. Anyway, I tried opening port 7760 for the server IP address and still getting a blank list?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
I just had this happen to me when adding a source from my server. But when I went to the client, it worked fine. I'm still om 7.0.17.
That's a good idea... but it didn't work

I actually have a Placeshifter and Client license that I rarely use but just installed both on my office computer and tried the setup with both of those and no luck... even tried from an HD300 extender. LOL
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

I shutdown all firewall stuff and even enabled 7760 on my router (mentioned in forums that's probably not required though). No luck with setting up a NEW channel guide but the old ones are still working fine. I was able to copy the channel line-up from the PVR250s that were already setup to the HD PVR and verified everything else is working like changing channels and having audio/video. But, I went ahead and removed it because that line-up doesn't have any of the HD channels... which is why I'm trying to get the HD PVR setup

Tried several things and it doesn't look to be a firewall issue because I shut all that down as well as the fact the guide info is working fine for everything else. ARGH!

Any other ideas on stuff for me to check? I'm a bit baffled as to how it works fine for the ones that are already there. Later tonight I'll try removing one of my PVR250 tuners and then adding it back in to see what happens if I don't get it figured out by then Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator

You should probably post a debug log from the SageTV server.

Or, try this command at a command prompt:

telnet warlock.freytechnologies.com 7760

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks, Andy. I did the telnet and I got a blank box with a blinking cursor with the telnet stuff in the header.

For the logging, I've had logging running all day and the logs are HUGE. Do you need the sagetv_0.txt type logs or the sagetvclient_0.txt logs?

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Administrator

The telnet result should mean you connected OK since there was no error message.

The logs should be smaller once zipped.

Or, restart SageTV so the log restarts, then try to get the providers for your zip code.

- Andy
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Andy!

I tried removing one of my PVR250 video sources and then adding it back in. I got the same result with a blank screen for my cable providers.

I then moved all my logs so I could start fresh. Stoped Sage and the service. Restarted and let Sage and Sage MyMovies complete the scan then went right into trying to add the HD PVR. When I got to the screen after I input my zip code it was blank again so I backed up one and selected the zip that was shown (it was correct the first time too but thought I'd try to use the remote to input it this time) and still just came up with a blank screen. At this time I hit the menu button, shut down Sage and the service and got the log files in a zip. Hopefully these will provide some clues Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageLogs.zip (443.4 KB, 149 views)
Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well, still trying to figure this one out. I looked at the logs but got about as far as I thought I would... not very. LOL Mostly Greek to me

One thing I did think was a little odd is that I did a search for my zip code (34452) and got nothing. If any of you have had logs on and recently added a video source, could you please check for me to see if the zip code was listed in the logs? I'd appreciate it Thanks!

I don't really want to file a bug report because it has to be something on my end and trouble tickets aren't for V7 so kinda stuck. UGH!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Administrator

It appears that you used a plugin that modifed the EPG import plugin setting, preventing the normal EPG from working. Clear this property line in sage.properties while SageTV isn't running:

epg/epg_import_plugin

- Andy
Old 10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

THANK YOU!!!!

I deleted these two lines...

epg/epg_import_plugin=uk.co.mdjcox.epgplugin.EpgPlugin
epg/epg_import_plugin/port=1100

and that worked.

I have no idea where that came from. Does it look familiar to anybody or any plugin devs? I'd let them know about this if I knew where it came from.

Thanks again! Now on to the rest of the setup
Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you use the Web Radio and TV Encoder for SageTV V7 (Web Feed Encoder) plugin at one time?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 10-12-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Did you use the Webencoderfeed plugin at one time?

Gerry
That would be my guess as well.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Administrator

I believe it has to do with uninstalling the particular plugin & having the EPG plugin setting left in a broken state, as mentioned in this post. That's fixed for the next version.

- Andy
Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I believe it has to do with uninstalling the particular plugin & having the EPG plugin setting left in a broken state, as mentioned in this post. That's fixed for the next version.

- Andy
I saw that post and thought "HMMMM???" when I saw the epg mention. LOL

And, YES, I was using the webfeed encoder plugin until this morning when I tried to uninstall it to see if that was causing the problem but the problem continued even after the uninstall... which is what it sounds like you are talking about.

But, did the Web Feed Encoder plugin just have a "glitch" on me and this won't happen to others or if I re-install that, will it do the same thing and not let me add tuners until I delete those lines again out of the properties file?

Just curious if I should give a heads up to michaeldjcox or if this was specific to my system due to "something"?

Thanks for all your help. Getting there!