SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

broken plugins after restoring from backup

i had to restore my whole htpc to about a 30 day old backup which didnt even have sage7 installed. so i installed sage7 and brought in my wiz.bin from a day ago (have separate sage7 backup folder) where i had all my plugins working just fine, including sjq and webserver and so on.

of course now the wiz.bin thinks that i have all the plugins already installed and all working, but they are not. i manually uninstalled the "ui mod" ones, cuz they are easy to uninstall and reinstall again.

but the plugins under the first tabe forgot what it is called, are dependant on other files and it wont let me uninstall them.

i still have the whole sage folder from a day ago. can i just copy/paste some files/folder from there to the new folder.

the sage backup folder was 7.18 and the new one is 7.20

any suggestions??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (149.9 KB, 180 views)
Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Wiz.bin does not contain information about your installed plugins. That state is kept in Sage.properties, in FileTracker.properties, and in your JARs folder (plus whatever config files the plugins themselves create). If you restored Sage.properties without also restoring those other files and folders, then you will have an inconsistent state.

If you have a complete recent backup of your Program Files\SageTV folder, then you should restore the whole folder. I often see posts on the forum asking which specific files to back up or restore, but in my opinion that's a bad policy. There's just no good reason not to back up and restore the entire installation folder.