SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have .mkv show as DVD's in Video section?

If I rip a DVD with AnyDVD HD, SageTV displays them with a nice neat format in the Video section. I can mouse over them, and SageTV zooms to the thumbnail of the folder art ( I have YAMMM grabbing my folder art for me and renaming the directories after the rip is complete).

But if I rip a DVD with MakeMKV, Sage doesn't do any of these things. It simply has a "down and dirty" list of my .mkv with no pretty zooming to the thumbnail or anything.

Anyway to have SAge think these are DVD's so they appear much more organzied and "pretty" in the video list? Secondly, should I be using something other than YAMMM to get meta data? I have read a little about BMT but I can't even find how to download the thing. It isn't listed in the plugin section of my Sage TV.

Last edited by Biggen; 10-18-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the same thing happening to me. I ripped all of my DVDs and I'm about half way done with converting them to mkv files. So the ones I haven't converted yet show as DVDs and the mkv files don't. I haven't had a chance to look yet but I'm wondering if BMT has some field that specifies media type.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't believe you can, media type is determined by Sage's format detection.