SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:00 PM

Sage Brand Remote alternating codes

I am trying to use the Sage brand remote on my PC client with a USBUIRT - I found that after linking IR commands in client I had to press each remote button twice for a command to occur.

I checked the codes being recieved by the USBUIRT via Girder and it appears that button on the remote are alternating between two codes with each press.

The USBUIRT works fine with other remotes (no alternating codes). The alternating displayed codes are consistant so it does not appear to be a distance or interferance issues.

Any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Sage Expert

That's the way the remote works. It's a method of detecting holding down the button vs repeated keypresses. Just map both codes to what you want the button to do.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

As mentioned above it's the way it's supposed to work. Some other remotes I've used work the same way. All you have to do is map both codes for each command.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Ok will do - just wanted to check if I was missing some setting somewhere - thanks!.