SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Sage Expert

ok, so I got MMoivies installed and happy, and SMM installed and happy, So now what?

ran across a few issues in the install,
MyMovies instructions are pretty sparse... doubt there is anything PluckyHD can do about that...
SMM instructions are somewhat better, the information is out there at least, but its spread about multiple places/wikis/walk through's/etc... be nice if a professional documenter could come in and round up all the info and put it in one easy to find/follow place...
why is SMM so picky about case? \\tower is the same thing as \\TOWER... SMM should just be happy I spelled tower correctly...
but anyway, it was way cool that SMM actually pointed that out in the error message... would of been nice if it told me how to rebuild the database though... spent hours trying to figure that one out... finally I just ended up deleting the DB, or at least what I thought was the DB, and having SMM rebuild it from scratch... that worked...
the Wiki said I must create a folder.properties file... so I did... but I left it blank because I don't get what goes there... what goes in that file?
they wall view is great... but man is that slow getting artwork...(at least on my HD200's) anyway to make that faster?
why does the "replace Videos button with the MyMovies" not actually replace the videos button... I still have the videos button on the main menu, and MyMovies showed up at the bottom... and actually that is how I want it (at least for now), but the option description makes it sound like one replaces the other...
on the main menu, how can I move the MyMovies option up the screen a bit? ie currently I have:
  • TV
  • VIDEO
  • SEARCH
  • SETUP
  • MyMovies

but I want:
  • TV
  • MyMovies
  • VIDEO
  • SEARCH
  • SETUP
how can I do that?
Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Hello I will try and get through all your questions most are answered in the main wikis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
why is SMM so picky about case? \\tower is the same thing as \\TOWER... SMM should just be happy I spelled tower correctly...
That is due to sage's call being case sensitive as well and is really necessary in paths.

Quote:
but anyway, it was way cool that SMM actually pointed that out in the error message... would of been nice if it told me how to rebuild the database though... spent hours trying to figure that one out... finally I just ended up deleting the DB, or at least what I thought was the DB, and having SMM rebuild it from scratch... that worked...
That option is in the configuration of the mymovies api under general installed plugins.

Quote:
the Wiki said I must create a folder.properties file... so I did... but I left it blank because I don't get what goes there... what goes in that file?
Nothing unless you want to use the folders view. As the wiki states this is a group type view per folder vs genre or filters.

Quote:
they wall view is great... but man is that slow getting artwork...(at least on my HD200's) anyway to make that faster?
Again the wiki would help here. You need to turn of poster fade in (or go all the way to the buttom of the custom options and hit the set for extender option) Remember this is per view setting not global).

Quote:
why does the "replace Videos button with the MyMovies" not actually replace the videos button... I still have the videos button on the main menu, and MyMovies showed up at the bottom... and actually that is how I want it (at least for now), but the option description makes it sound like one replaces the other...
on the main menu, how can I move the MyMovies option up the screen a bit? ie currently I have:
  • TV
  • VIDEO
  • SEARCH
  • SETUP
  • MyMovies

but I want:
  • TV
  • MyMovies
  • VIDEO
  • SEARCH
  • SETUP
how can I do that?
I am guessing you have another plugin installed that is trying to modify the main menu in a way SMM is not compatible with. You will have to get rid of that plugin if you want SMM to replace the videos tab I do not have the option of showing both MyMovies and Videos but you can add any default videos views you want under the mymovies tab.

cheers
Old 11-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Sage User

Studio

Quote:
currently I have: ... but I want: ... how can I do that?
Thanks to advice/ encouragement given by Fuzzy in another post, I have begun learning the basics of Studio, and can suggest that you'll need to look into this if you want to make the changes you mentioned. Fortunately, yours would only require a very minor modification to the primary menu list in Studio. Although you should know that the caveat to even opening Studio is that you should expect for it to take some time before you become aquainted with it. If you ask me, it's stuff worth knowing for any Sage enthusiast, but it can be challenging to learn.

If you're interested in reading more or trying out Studio, you can download the Studio PDF Manual here to get started. To make your mods, after launching Studio, locate the primary main menu list, select & right-click the mouse overtop the desired menu item and click "move-up" to re-arrange. But for a better understanding at what's going on, I suggest looking at the existing menu structures and the manual, which you can use for creating other menu modifications if you so choose (although the Beta testing can be rough).

Good luck with the light reading!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCguy View Post
Thanks to advice/ encouragement given by Fuzzy in another post, I have begun learning the basics of Studio, and can suggest that you'll need to look into this if you want to make the changes you mentioned. Fortunately, yours would only require a very minor modification to the primary menu list in Studio. Although you should know that the caveat to even opening Studio is that you should expect for it to take some time before you become aquainted with it. If you ask me, it's stuff worth knowing for any Sage enthusiast, but it can be challenging to learn.

If you're interested in reading more or trying out Studio, you can download the Studio PDF Manual here to get started. To make your mods, after launching Studio, locate the primary main menu list, select & right-click the mouse overtop the desired menu item and click "move-up" to re-arrange. But for a better understanding at what's going on, I suggest looking at the existing menu structures and the manual, which you can use for creating other menu modifications if you so choose (although the Beta testing can be rough).

Good luck with the light reading!
And remember it there is a chance another plugin could break your mod again causing you to have to refix it especially when playing in the main menu.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Hello I will try and get through all your questions most are answered in the main wikis.
I did not see them there... at least not in a way I understood them
Quote:
That is due to sage's call being case sensitive as well and is really necessary in paths.
yea, I get that... seems odd though. but hey, at least SMM told me about it... and told me how to fix it

Quote:
Nothing unless you want to use the folders view. As the wiki states this is a group type view per folder vs genre or filters.
I did not understand the wiki... but now I do... it's so simple its brilliant... thats a really cool feature now that I have played with it and understand it...
but why does it un-box the box sets? wouldn't it be better to leave them boxed?

Quote:
Again the wiki would help here. You need to turn of poster fade in (or go all the way to the buttom of the custom options and hit the set for extender option) Remember this is per view setting not global).
by global and per view, do you mean I have to set that on each and every movies menu thing? ie wall/sideways/MMFolders/etc? or is it on a per extender type of thing?

Quote:
I am guessing you have another plugin installed that is trying to modify the main menu in a way SMM is not compatible with. You will have to get rid of that plugin if you want SMM to replace the videos tab I do not have the option of showing both MyMovies and Videos but you can add any default videos views you want under the mymovies tab.
yep, found the offending plugin... uninstalled it, now SMM is happy...
is there anyway to ave SMM play nicely with that plug in? it just lets you customize the main menu... ie get rid of the useless stuff like pictures and music and exit... what is the point of exit on an extender anyway?

New Question: Fanart/background, aka where did it go? I am using BMT as my source, if I bring up the SageUI on my server, and go to any of the SMM walls/lists/whatever they are called, I have fanart/background images... everything is happy... but on my hd200's I just get the boring blank background... how do I fix that?

Quote:
cheers
I would say what a wonderful plug in SMM is, but everyone already knows that, so stating such would be somewhat redundant... so I will just say, Keep up the good work...
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did not see them there... at least not in a way I understood them

yea, I get that... seems odd though. but hey, at least SMM told me about it... and told me how to fix it
Most coding/programs are going to be case sensitive on paths just the nature of the beast in my experience.

Quote:
I did not understand the wiki... but now I do... it's so simple its brilliant... thats a really cool feature now that I have played with it and understand it...
but why does it un-box the box sets? wouldn't it be better to leave them boxed?
I prefer them unboxed there to avoid further drilldowns, but you are not the first person to want this log it on the google page and I will see about getting an option added.

Quote:
by global and per view, do you mean I have to set that on each and every movies menu thing? ie wall/sideways/MMFolders/etc? or is it on a per extender type of thing?
Each view ( I know kind of a PIA) but the custom views feature makes it work that way. I have been thinking about moving that option to global.

Quote:
yep, found the offending plugin... uninstalled it, now SMM is happy...
is there anyway to ave SMM play nicely with that plug in? it just lets you customize the main menu... ie get rid of the useless stuff like pictures and music and exit... what is the point of exit on an extender anyway?
I know what plugin you are referring to and it isn't their fault or mine just the nature of the main menu. Log this request and I will see about adding this feature as part of the SMM plugin.

New Question: Fanart/background, aka where did it go? I am using BMT as my source, if I bring up the SageUI on my server, and go to any of the SMM walls/lists/whatever they are called, I have fanart/background images... everything is happy... but on my hd200's I just get the boring blank background... how do I fix that?

Quote:
I would say what a wonderful plug in SMM is, but everyone already knows that, so stating such would be somewhat redundant... so I will just say, Keep up the good work...
Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
On both of my HD300 units I was able to turn off "poster fade in" but I am unable to choose "set for extender". The LED on the HD300 flashes, but the radio dot never appears.
Quote:
Most coding/programs are going to be case sensitive on paths just the nature of the beast in my experience.
Yes, but there are some strange things happening here. First of all, on my unRAID server, I set up 2 user shares, EXACTLY like this:

\\Tower1\Classics
\\Tower1\MOB

BUT SageTV sees them like this:

\\TOWER1\Classics
\\TOWER1\MOB

and MMCM, by default, sees them like this:

\\Tower1\Classics (z:)
\\Tower1\mob (y:)

So, as you can see, 2 programs (SageTV and MMCM) are not seeing them as they were originally entered. Since I can not modify what SageTV sees, I have to manually change MMCM every time I want to import movies, and I have to match it to the SageTV version, not to the correct version that I originally set up. FWIW, Windows sees the shares EXACTLY correctly as they were set up on the unRAID server...go figure...:)

This would be so much easier if everyone just made the paths case insensitive. It can't be all that hard, as Windows does it all of the time. Or if the programs could read the case sensitivity correctly from the source share.

Sorry for the rant, Plucky...I know this is not your fault!

Last edited by Oddwunn; 11-02-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Why are you having to reenter the paths?....You should only have to do it once when enabling folder monitoring in mymovies after that you should be set...unless you for some reason are not using folder monitoring.

There really isn't a whole lot I can do on the case sensitive fact. You could just change your path in sagetv to what mymovies usually sees...
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Why are you having to reenter the paths?....You should only have to do it once when enabling folder monitoring in mymovies after that you should be set...unless you for some reason are not using folder monitoring.
Because I had a lot of movies which were were not handled correctly due to my own fault in naming the directories and files inappropriately (too many to edit one by one in MMCM). I rebuilt the database several times before getting it right.

And just last night I found out about "folder monitoring" by reading this forum...your posts specifically...
Quote:
There really isn't a whole lot I can do on the case sensitive fact. You could just change your path in sagetv to what mymovies usually sees...
Hmmmm...I didn't see a place to do that...I will look harder. I originally set up my shares with a remote and navigating the network.

Thanks for the tips, Plucky!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwunn View Post
Because I had a lot of movies which were were not handled correctly due to my own fault in naming the directories and files inappropriately (too many to edit one by one in MMCM). I rebuilt the database several times before getting it right.

And just last night I found out about "folder monitoring" by reading this forum...your posts specifically...

Hmmmm...I didn't see a place to do that...I will look harder. I originally set up my shares with a remote and navigating the network.

Thanks for the tips, Plucky!
No problem I would edit the shares direct from the sagetv server (or edit the properties file for the server) using the same case mymovies usually picks up then you will be good to go. After of course reimporting mymovies again with the new path