SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Suggest Online Video Feeds (v7.0+)

Please use this topic to share feeds you've added to your SageTV v7 custom online video properties files. Some feeds may be added to the built-in feeds that are included with SageTV.

Similarly, please report any built-in feeds that are obsolete. The built-in feeds are periodically tested to make sure they still exist, but ones that are never updated any more even though the feeds still exist may not be noticed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

TWIT and REV3 Custom Online Feeds

I have attached 2 zip files 1 for TWIT and the other for REV3. Each zip contains 2 files.

The REV3 files are current as of April 11, 2015. I can't get the Anyhoo feed to work. The rest should work. This is all the feeds that show up under "SHOWS" from the REV3 web page. It is not be all the feeds that have ever been on REV3.

TWIT is just what I setup awhile back and doesn't have all the feeds from TWIT.

Depending on your version of SageTV will determine the folder you need to copy these files to.

Either unzip these files to (or copy to, after unzipping) the following folder

For SageTV 7.0 and above:
<install dir>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\OnlineVideos

For SageTV 6.x and under:
<install dir>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos

The <install dir> is most likely "C:\Program Files\SageTV" unless you installed SageTV else where.
** Yeah, if you type the FULL PATH out SageTV will show up twice ****

SageTV doesn't need to closed or shut down. However if SageTV is open and your in the Online Video Menus, you will need to navigate back to the home menu, before changes will show up.

I cleaned out all the instructions from the templates that Andy (OPUS) upload ed. This makes it a lot less confusing to edit and remember what to do (for Me at least).

Good Luck.

**** It should be noted that newer files have been uploaded *************
Attached Files
File Type: zip TWIT Onlinevideo.zip (1.4 KB, 238 views)
File Type: zip REV3 Onlinevideo.zip (1.8 KB, 242 views)

The only constant in the Universe is change.

Last edited by UgaData; 04-12-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: newer files have been uploaded
Old 04-11-2015, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
I have attached 2 zip files 1 for TWIT and the other for REV3. Each zip contains 2 files.

The REV3 files are current as of April 11, 2015. I can't get the Anyhoo feed to work. The rest should work. This is all the feeds that show up under "SHOWS" from the REV3 web page. It is not be all the feeds that have ever been on REV3.

TWIT is just what I setup awhile back and doesn't have all the feeds from TWIT.

Depending on your version of SageTV will determine the folder you need to copy these files to.

The <install dir> is most likely "C:\Program Files\SageTV" unless you installed SageTV else where.

SageTV doesn't need to closed or shut down. However if SageTV is open and your in the Online Video Menus, you will need to navigate back to the home menu, before changes will show up.

I cleaned out all the instructions from the templates that Andy (OPUS) upload ed. This makes it a lot less confusing to edit and remember what to do (for Me at least).

Good Luck.
thanks for the Rev3 feeds - most are good links. How long does it take to compile a list like this? And the properties file - is that all generated from scratch?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
thanks for the Rev3 feeds - most are good links. How long does it take to compile a list like this? And the properties file - is that all generated from scratch?
The rev 3 kinks should all be good except for Anyhoo, I couldn't get that one to work. It's possible it is something the the REV 3 RSS feed but most likely my stupidity.

Once you get the format/pattern down it's fairly easy, but it is time consuming, tedious, a lot of back and forth between the websites and the 2 files and must be exact.

As sort of mentioned, I used the files uploaded by OPUS for the purpose of creating custom online feeds. If you saw the very first set of files I uploaded, they still had all the instructions in the files. When I created 2 sets of files, 1 for REV 3 and 1 for TWIT, I cleaned out the instructions.
So, to say it was from scratch, not exactly, but the information for each show has to be entered in both files, different info in each file.

I have updated and added the TWIT feeds now as well. I expect be uploading a new set of files tomorrow.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've uploaded both sets of files.

The set of TWIT files are now up-to-date with the current TWIT offerings. I did not include the archive or retired feeds from TWIT.

The REV3 set of files didn't change much. Anyhoo still doesn't work but SYSTM has been added. Actually, SYSTM was always there I just needed to update the links.

Just copy the unzipped files to the proper folder. If a previous set of files already exist, just overwrite them (or rename them before starting the copy).
See previous post in this thread for folder to copy to.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Twit_041215_onlineVideo.zip (2.1 KB, 225 views)
File Type: zip REV3_041215_onlineVideo.zip (1.7 KB, 238 views)

Old 04-18-2015, 06:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

CNET Podcasts

OK, here's a set of files for the CNET podcasts that can be found at the following site:

http://www.cnet.com/cnet-podcasts/

Quote:

FYI - The 404 isn't being produced any more but is in the list.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CNET.zip (1.5 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by UgaData; 04-18-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Misc Feeds

Some more RSS feeds.

RSS Feed for TekThing - Working feed but the video downloads before playing.

RSS feed for Wired - can't find a URL for the logo but it appears the video feeds work.

RSS feed for Geek's Life - I guess this is the main aggregate feed. it will pull a list of shows, some work and some don't.
I believe it is possible to create individual feeds for each of Geek's Life shows, but I feel lazy today.

I tried to create a feed for Tech Crunch but it didn't work.

I tried to create a feed for Ben Heck at Element14, but Element14 doesn't have a real RSS feed at this time.

And YouTube is changing or eliminating their RSS feed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CustomOnlineVideoLinks_misc.zip (894 Bytes, 203 views)

Old 05-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Geek's Life RSS Feeds

Ok, here is a set of files for the individual Geek's Life RSS feeds.

A couple things to note:
1. Some of the episodes won't play in SageTV. These can usually be recognized by "[From Geeks Life]" right after/below the episode title.
The other episodes in the same feed will play fine.

2.Apparently, Talk Nerdy To Me doesn't have any episodes. I left it in anyway, Maybe it's a future thing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GeeksLife_052415.zip (1.1 KB, 199 views)

Old 05-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

New Misc RSS feeds

New set of Misc RSS feeds.

The only difference between this set and the one posted earlier is this one contains an RSS fed for Ted Talks.

Still no graphic for WIRED.
Attached Files
File Type: zip misc_052415.zip (932 Bytes, 214 views)

Old 05-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Sage User

UgaData...
THANKS A LOT for all the work on adding new Feeds... For me, this is great stuff... This SageTV equipment just keeps giving and giving... for years and years... Amazing that it was abandoned by Google... and so it goes...
Old 05-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've uploaded both sets of files.

The set of TWIT files are now up-to-date with the current TWIT offerings. I did not include the archive or retired feeds from TWIT.
just a side note. it came to light today that the TWIT network will soon stop live streaming and chats with their shows. everything will be "tape" delayed. Leo reportedly said it was due to personal attacks on him and his family via chat and between show live video.

that's really going to change the nature of their shows. i personally set aside time for a few of their live streams.

Last edited by phelme; 05-26-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

he does mention his family quite alot. too bad that people are idiots
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 05-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone got NASA tv working through SageTV and if so could "walk me" through how to get it to work? I looked at it a few years back and gave up....

Ta,

Fraser
Old 05-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Added The New Screen Savers to TWIT feeds

Yeah like the says.

Added the The New Screen Savers

If you would prefer to edit your feed files copy the following lines into the appropriate file. Because the "xPodcastTWIT" in line for the links file it will show up under the TWIT category.

===============================================

From The ~UItext~ file
Category/SS/ThumbURL=http://twit.cachefly.net/coverart/tnss/tnss144videohi.jpg
Category/SS/LongName=Screen Savers
Category/SS/ShortName=Screen Savers

From the ~links~ file
xFeedPodcastCustom/SS=xPodcastTWIT,xFlagTitleNone;http://feeds.twit.tv/tnss_video_large.xml

If you would like for it to show up under additional categories (like maybe Science and Technology) you can modify the line to look like the following:

xFeedPodcastCustom/SS=xPodcastTWIT,xPodcastScienceTech,xxFlagTitleNone;http://feeds.twit.tv/tnss_video_large.xml

It will now show up under both TWIT & Science and Technology.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As far as NASA TV I do see a whole bunch of RSS feeds and at least one is for video but I am not sure it is the "NASA TV" your looking for
Attached Files
File Type: zip TWIT_052815.zip (2.1 KB, 184 views)

Old 05-28-2015, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

under "more online sources" there's a NASA feed in the HD sub-menu that works with recently updated material.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey folks, what do these "online feeds" look like in Sage? Are they a new channel that shows up in the guide, are they a ticker that scrolls across the bottom of the screen?
Old 05-30-2015, 06:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hey folks, what do these "online feeds" look like in Sage? Are they a new channel that shows up in the guide, are they a ticker that scrolls across the bottom of the screen?
Have you never looked at or gone into the Online menu selection?

The feeds don't show up as a channel in the (epg) guide, only under the Online menu section. And they are not a ticker that scrolls.

Basically, they are RSS audio or video feeds. After entering the Online menu you are presented with several categories, click one of the categories and you are presented with individual feeds, click on the feed and you will see the available podcasts within the feed.

Sage used to keep the default categories some what up to date, well ... sort of... But they also gave us a way to add our own custom feeds.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack_30 View Post
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone got NASA tv working through SageTV and if so could "walk me" through how to get it to work? I looked at it a few years back and gave up....

Ta,

Fraser
Does NASA TV have a YouTube channel? If so maybe you could the solution Boolah came up with for YouTube RSS feeds.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62148

Old 05-31-2015, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Have you never looked at or gone into the Online menu selection?
Sure, years ago, before it became so antiquated that nothing in there worked anymore. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Updated TWiT Online Videos Plugin

Just an FYI ...

I have (finally) updated all the TWiT video feeds in the TWiT Online Videos plugin available in the plugin repository to include all the current TWiT shows and all HD quality feeds.

Version 7.2
  • This update removes all feeds for canceled shows.
  • This update adds feeds for call current shows.
  • This update fixes all feed thumbnail images.
  • This update upgrades all video feeds to HD.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200