SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Sage User

Is there any way to "run comskip" on a recording from my phone? I don't see an option on the mobile web interface, but is there any easy way to make that an option or another way to do it? I run comskip manually so it doesn't keep recording livetv files and locking them up after I am done watching them. I would love to be able to do this command from my phone so that it is running while recroding if I am away from the house.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

There isn't currently an option to run from mobile interface. U can however run it using SJQ i think.

Also for the comskip locking up files issue... you could just tell comskip to only process files during certain periods of time. so for example tell it that it can process comskip files from 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM for example...
Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Sage User

Just installed the web mobile plugin.

I can connect to the Sage-server via my Ipad, and I can see all the recordings.

But I cannot 'see' the recordings. I mean there's no window from which I can play it (there shoukd be a windows with a thumbnail and i play-icon in the middle).

And ideas?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Sage User

Pasword box

Just installed the plugin. It's asking for a user name and password when I try "sagem/m/menu.jsp"

What is the password?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Have you tried, user=sage pass=frey? It has been a long time since I first installed this plugin, but I am pretty sure that was the default for the first Sage web interface. Maybe it was the same for this, I can't recall.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

If the default username and password was not changed, then you are right Karl. sage/frey it is.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Sage User

Thanks, How do you change the user name, password, default port?
Also how or can you watch video, play music or see photos with this plugin?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrofex View Post
Thanks, How do you change the user name, password, default port?
Also how or can you watch video, play music or see photos with this plugin?
Read the first post in this three. All info is there.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage Expert

I think you can configure name/PW from the configuration page when you install the plugin.

You can certainly play music and look at pictures, but I'm not sure if you can watch videos unless you are on the LAN. The server doesn't transcode.

I never played with this much, however, and I know there are folks that have figured out ways to do this with additional plugins... I'm pretty sure I've seen it work for iPad, iPhone, but I don't have any of those things.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
I think you can configure name/PW from the configuration page when you install the plugin.

You can certainly play music and look at pictures, but I'm not sure if you can watch videos unless you are on the LAN. The server doesn't transcode.

I never played with this much, however, and I know there are folks that have figured out ways to do this with additional plugins... I'm pretty sure I've seen it work for iPad, iPhone, but I don't have any of those things.
I think you are confusing this with the older web interface by nielm. On that you could access your photos, MP3s, and even DVDs if you had a local player that could play it (mostly meant for a remote PC). This one is sorta the opposite. You can only watch your recordings. No music, no videos/DVDs, etc. Only recordings - but yes, you can stream them.

You guys really oughta read the first post.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
+1

thats why i mentioned it in my response :-)

can i +1 your comment 2 times

Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Actually, I did read it and couldn't find the answers to his questions there. No instructions for installation or configuration, no (complete) list of features. Just an announcement of the new v2 features and some screenshots.

So I decided to see if I could help out by finding the answers. After about 10m of searching through obsolete posts and wiki pages, I finally remembered that I recently did it via the the plugin configuration page... but by that time I had completely forgotten that he asked about the mobile web interface and not the standard one. Oops. I hope I at least got the name/password configuration part right.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just replaced my flakey, aging D-Link DI-704 router with a new D-Link DIR-655 and can't seem to get port forwarding to work from inside my network.

I can access everything (Sage Webserver, RDP, WHS, etc) from my phone with no issues.

However nothing inside my local network (all wired) will work on the external links (via DynDNS). Plus if I connect to the new routers WiFi with the phone I cannot get any of those services either.

I copied all my port forwarding assignments from the DI-704 and entered them into the DIR-655 after massaging the IP's to match the new ones given to my computers, etc with the new router.

Running a port scan from a webpage (t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/) shows that 2 of the 7 port forwards are not showing as open.

I was hoping someone might have an idea of where to look.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

I had to use the virtual server on a similar router...

TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 09-21-2012, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a DIR-655 and I use the Virtual Server settings and the loop back seems to work fine when accessing my local network through my dyndns address.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

I also have the same router and use Virtual Sever as well. I connect to many local services from inside and outside my network using my dyndns address. You need to make sure the DIR-655 keeps its DYNDNS connection. Sometimes it gets flaky and stays disconnected. Usually a power cycle of the router fixes it.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Fonceur, Taddeusz, and Kricker! That did the trick!!

Now if I'd found this webpage before posting I probably could have done it on my own. It shows (with pictures) how to set up a large variety of routers for remote access to WHS.
And yes, right there on the D-Link example they show adding them into the virtual server tab instead of the port forward tab.

I found that webpage doing some more research on it to help a buddy get his SageTV setup so that he can access it remotely.

Thanks again, and kudos for helping out a fellow SageTV'er!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

it's been about a year and a half since my last server rebuild, and i am finally getting back to setting up mobile access. Apparently dyndns is now charging, and while i don't blame them for that, i am not sure i'm willing to take on another tech-related expense just so i can control my dvr from work. At the moment I have no other need for remote access to anything at home.

Are there any other free ones out there that work well enough?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

You can get the same DYNDNS free services from Dlink.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

what am i missing for external access?

Can someone please take a stab at where I'm going wrong with external access here?

Web Apps runs inside my network, albeit slow to start for some reason. Once up in a browser, very quick.

Thanks to kricker, i have dlink ddns set up, and my router (amped wireless r20000g) is set up with that username and password. Router's port forwarding is set to fwd port anything on 8080 to 192.168.1.100 (both tcp and udp).

Sage server has a static IP outside dhcp range in its own settings (not router assigned), is able to see internet. Its windows firewall has a new rule that is supposed to allow 8080 traffic through, but i have never done that before, no idea what is correct.

only thing i can think of is i am not formatting the url correctly:

NAME.dlinkddns.com/8080/sage/home

tia

Tags
mobile, web