SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Hey guys,

Can someone point me in the right direction for some good instructions on setting up remote access to the Sagetv Mobile Web Interface?
What kind of router do you have and what type of firmware are you running?

Assuming you are using port 8080 for jetty then here is what you do:
Go to the port forwarding page of your router. (For me this is under Applications & Gaming - Port Forwarding)
For port in you can use port 8080. For destination IP use the IP address of your Sage Server on your LAN, for example 192.168.1.95. For destination port use 8080.
Click apply or whatever and now you should be set.

From outside your LAN you would then go to http://yourip:8080/apps and you should see the Jetty apps page. Note that on some internet browsers, like IE, the http:// is NOT optional when specifying a port num. If you haven't already done so you might want to use a dynamic DSN service so that you could just use http://jorton.dynalias.com:8080/apps rather than having to know (and remember) your IP which might change frequently depending on your ISP
Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Dlink DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router with the most up to date firmware. Not a custom firmware or anything fancy.

Looks easier than i thought, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,

J
Old 12-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

Assuming you are using port 8080 for jetty then here is what you do:
Go to the port forwarding page of your router. (For me this is under Applications & Gaming - Port Forwarding)
For port in you can use port 8080. For destination IP use the IP address of your Sage Server on your LAN, for example 192.168.1.95. For destination port use 8080.
Click apply or whatever and now you should be set.

From outside your LAN you would then go to http://yourip:8080/apps and you should see the Jetty apps page. Note that on some internet browsers, like IE, the http:// is NOT optional when specifying a port num. If you haven't already done so you might want to use a dynamic DSN service so that you could just use http://jorton.dynalias.com:8080/apps rather than having to know (and remember) your IP which might change frequently depending on your ISP
Got it! Thanks wayner, Jeremy
Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
I'm getting the 503 error very frequently. I know I can wipe out the webapps folder, and that does indeed work, but its annoying to have to do that every few days. Is there anything I can do to lessen the frequency of the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunch92 View Post
I got 503 error all yesterday, and I thought it was my setup that had gone wrong .... I deleted the folders and it is working again now. Thank you for posting reggie14.

I would also like to see a fix , or a solution to this issue. Maybe there is a way to run a daily batch that would delete these folders, I could time at 3am or something.
I assume you're both using Windows? Which version?

Is this only happening when you install/uninstall/update plugins or restart the server? Or does it happen at other times?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction for some good instructions on setting up remote access to the Sagetv Mobile Web Interface?
You can also use UPnP to automatically set up the mappings in your router. Turn on Placeshifter port forwarding in Detailed Setup (this enables UPnP in the Sage core), then go to the Jetty Web Server plugin's configuration screen and set it up to automatically configure port forwarding.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Desktop?

Just to clarify I can't get this to work on a Windows Dekstop with safari because I need QuickTime X, but it is not available for windows only mac?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post

Is this only happening when you install/uninstall/update plugins or restart the server? Or does it happen at other times?
I'm running WinXP SP2 (yeah, SP2, that's right). I rarely install/update plugins, but my server reboots every 3 days, which became a necessity when I started doing firewire recording.

The 503 errors are very frequent. It seems like it only takes a day or two before they start back up again. And they seem to survive a restart of the entire computer.

I'm not sure if this is unexpected, but BMT and the regular interface are also installed and use jetty. Those never have 503 errors.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Just to clarify I can't get this to work on a Windows Dekstop with safari because I need QuickTime X, but it is not available for windows only mac?
Correct. I haven't researched it so I don't know why Apple is dragging their feet or when it might be available.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I use Win XP SP3 . I rarely restart my server as it is very stable (once every 2 months ) , and this issue only occurred once as I am new to this plugin. I need to use it more , and I will let you know if I find a pattern.
Server : Asus M4A79XTD Evo / AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz / 4Gb RAM / Win 10 64-bit / Cinergy 2400iDT (French Freeview - TNT) / 2 * Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 (UK Sky) / TT CT-3650 CI / HDD : 4.5 To / Sage V7 / XMLTV Importer / EPG from WebGrabPlus+/ LM DVB Recorder for all tuners / 2 Clients : STP-HD300
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Correct. I haven't researched it so I don't know why Apple is dragging their feet or when it might be available.
When it does get released, will the app recognize I'm on a lan with a pc and not transcode the file?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When it does get released, will the app recognize I'm on a lan with a pc and not transcode the file?
Shouldn't you be simply starting the playback instead of trying to stream if you don't want the transcoding?
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 12-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Shouldn't you be simply starting the playback instead of trying to stream if you don't want the transcoding?
I'm confused, I don't have a client license for my kitchen PC. Can I play SageTv files through the web interface now over a lan without a the client software? I was hoping this app could do that once quicktime x gets released for PC.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can I play SageTv files through the web interface now over a lan without a the client software?
Well, if you were not looking at the MOBILE web interface thread, but the regular web interface, it would be different...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
I'm running WinXP SP2 (yeah, SP2, that's right). I rarely install/update plugins, but my server reboots every 3 days, which became a necessity when I started doing firewire recording.

The 503 errors are very frequent. It seems like it only takes a day or two before they start back up again. And they seem to survive a restart of the entire computer.

I'm not sure if this is unexpected, but BMT and the regular interface are also installed and use jetty. Those never have 503 errors.
Shut down SageTV, delete the jetty/webapps/SageWebApp directory, then remove the following block from jetty/contexts/sagewebapp.xml:
Code:
  <Set name="tempDirectory">
    <SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/webapps/SageWebApp
  </Set>
Jetty tends to lock the files in the jetty/webapps folder on Windows. By removing the above setting, the files will instead be extracted to the system's temp directory. At one point nielm's web UI was set up that way but I can't make that the default for webapps because it has problems if Windows is set up to periodically clean out the system temp directory.

If you get the HTTP 503 error again, can you print a directory listing of jetty/webapps/SageWebApp, including subdirectories, and post it here?

Jason
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I just upgraded my Sage server from a single core 2.8 GHz CPU to a 3 GHz i5 quad core. Needless to say the streaming of files is much better now and even works for H.264 1080i files - my CPU usage gets to about 38%. But I still get the occasional file where it freezes after less than a minute.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

I'll be getting the parts for a very similar computer in a couple days so I can test the streaming better. Then I'll be able to look at my logs since I have a hard time getting others to submit their logs I realize it's not always convenient to do it, but without them I don't have much of a chance of fixing video issues in particular. I'm finding out that a lot of strange things can happen in the transcoding process.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Sage User

Cant get working over internet

I cant my iphone to work over external network. Essentially when typing: http://my_router_public_ip_address:8080/sagem/m there is a long delay and then see "server not found". It works fine over local network using local IP address. Also tried accessing using computer and this works fine so port forwarding is working. Here is the kicker: I tried using my wife's iphone and it works fine! Both phones are up to date running 4.2. Is there some security setting somewhere on my phone that is preventing it from working? Could there be some corporate setting (mine is setup to access my work mail) that doesnt exist on my iphone? frustrating! Any thoughts?

thanks,
jeff
Old 12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage User

I installed this plugin tonight, got it to work just fine. Then I changed the login and password and it started to give me a 404 error. I reset the login settings, tried deleting the WebApps folder, removed the code from the context file, etc., and it is still giving me 404. Any suggestions?

It was really nice for the few minutes I got to use it!

Last edited by Prestermatt; 12-22-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Spelling errors. Curse you iPad autocorrect!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Sage User

Never mind... I just realized that I had tried uninstalling it at one point, and never got around to reinstalling it again. That helps, I suppose.

I'm going to try to change the login again. Hopefully it won't break this time.

UPDATE: Got the login changed, but now I can't watch videos. It just gives me a blank box with no play option. I was able to watch a video the first time i installed. The "watch now" button does nothing, nor does the other button, which is just a random set of characters.

Last edited by Prestermatt; 12-22-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichard11865 View Post
I cant my iphone to work over external network. Essentially when typing: http://my_router_public_ip_address:8080/sagem/m there is a long delay and then see "server not found". It works fine over local network using local IP address. Also tried accessing using computer and this works fine so port forwarding is working. Here is the kicker: I tried using my wife's iphone and it works fine! Both phones are up to date running 4.2. Is there some security setting somewhere on my phone that is preventing it from working? Could there be some corporate setting (mine is setup to access my work mail) that doesnt exist on my iphone? frustrating! Any thoughts?

thanks,
jeff
I'm not sure about this. Compare the following settings on your phones:
  • Settings -> Wi-Fi -> <SSID> (check the IP config as well as the HTTP Proxy)
  • Settings -> General -> Network
  • Settings -> Safari

You might also try a different HTTP port. If your phone is set up for your corporate LAN's VPN then maybe they're blocking 8080.
, Java 1.6.

Tags
mobile, web