SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVBLogic and BlackGold BGT3595 working

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about this card I now have it working happily in Sage using DVBlogic to stream the 2 *DVB-S2 channels.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
Just a heads up for anyone thinking about this card I now have it working happily in Sage using DVBlogic to stream the 2 *DVB-S2 channels.
Can I ask where you bought your card from?

Dean
Old 11-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I got the first one from Kustom PC as they were cheaper than direct from Black Gold but I have just ordered my second from Black Gold as Kustom PC are out of stock.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you send any logs to sage to try and get this card working natively, id love to buy one but read on here sage doesnt see the DVB-S part.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

No Sage dosen't see the DVB-S2 part and at the moment and I'm struggling to get the second tuner for DVB-T working. However I'm new to Sage and still reading many threads of ways to get all of this setup and finding my way, so I am assuming that its my setup at the moment.

Haven't tried logs to Sage.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've got a BGT3595 as well, Sage currently only sees 1xDVB-S and 1xDVB-T tuners when it should see 2 of each, I informed Sage Support of this when they were looking at another issue for me so they have detailed logs already.
They informed me that they'd look at fully supporting the card in the 7.1 release of Sage.

In the meantime I've also got the card fully working using DVBLogic (using Damian's guide here: http://www.damianflynn.com/2010/10/1...logic-live-tv/)
Old 11-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've got a BGT3595 as well, Sage currently only sees 1xDVB-S and 1xDVB-T tuners when it should see 2 of each, I informed Sage Support of this when they were looking at another issue for me so they have detailed logs already.
Interesting that it sees both my DVB-T but no DVB-S2

Quote:
They informed me that they'd look at fully supporting the card in the 7.1 release of Sage.
That's good to know.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Sage User

I've too have a BGT3595. Sagetv doesent seem to see it at all. I'd be happy to get it working with with just one dvb-d and dvb-t.
I'd rather not have to go the dvblogic route as it seems difficult and costs more money. Is there anything I need to do to get sagetv to see the card.
I have the latest beta installed.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfag View Post
I've too have a BGT3595. Sagetv doesent seem to see it at all. I'd be happy to get it working with with just one dvb-d and dvb-t.
I'd rather not have to go the dvblogic route as it seems difficult and costs more money. Is there anything I need to do to get sagetv to see the card.
Submit a bug report here. http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html They will then tell you what info they need.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Sage User

I have done but no joy yet - can you tell me how you got he card to show ?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfag View Post
Aside from the possible extra complexity the 20 Euros or so that DVBLogic costs seems a small price to pay to get all the tuners working.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Sage User

thought I might need a couple of their modules at €20 a pop.
Alas the damien flynn guide appears to now be gone.
plus dvb-logic seems difficult to get going -is it?.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think dvblogic isn't that hard, they do a trial version so give it a go. My onlyt frustration is the 4 tuner limit they have currently as I'd like to get more going. I have two BGT3595 now with the 4 sat tuners working but would like to get the dvb-t's going as well.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Hi Guys,

I'd like to buy this card for my server also. The number of tuners on this card is insane. does it allow you to watch many channels simultaneously off this card?

So it works with just one of each tuner?

How does DVB Logic work? Are you guys talking about the DVBLink TVSource program? Does this access the tuner then pass the signal to SageTV for use?

With the DVBLogic workaround can I access the two tuners via the SageTV extenders?

A lot of questions there..

Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'd like to buy this card for my server also. The number of tuners on this card is insane. does it allow you to watch many channels simultaneously off this card?
I currently can watch two DVB-S2 via DVB Logic and one DVB-T via a Sage import with the frequencys overwritten with a ScanBDA frequency file. (Sage see's the second DVB-T but recognises it as DVB-S on my system??) I have two cards in my system both working in this way. DVBlogic has a 4 tuner limit otherwise if you only have one card you could "probably get the 4 tuners all working via it. (I prioritised DVB-S2)

Quote:
How does DVB Logic work? Are you guys talking about the DVBLink TVSource program? Does this access the tuner then pass the signal to SageTV for use?
It creates a virtual tuner that Sage can see,it can be whatever signal the card has.

Quote:
With the DVBLogic workaround can I access the two tuners via the SageTV extenders?
Yes all works as expected.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Sage User

Cool, thanks.

So it would be safe for me to buy the BGT3595 card then?

Is it safe to assume that this card will be much compatible with STV in v7.1?

Cheers!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

You will need DVBlogic for now but yes with that it will work at least for DVB-S2 and probably for the DVB-T side as well.

As for native Sage support we can only hope...For me that would be perfect as I'd really like to add a third card as we will have 5 clients soon.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
You will need DVBlogic for now but yes with that it will work at least for DVB-S2 and probably for the DVB-T side as well.
Will it work for both DVB-S2 tuners so they can be watched simultaneously.

DVB-T isn't really a big concern as i'll be getting a seperate dual DVB-T for now.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have two of the BGT3595 with all four DVB-S2 tuners working through DVBLogic. Two of the DVB-T's are also working through Sage and a little effort.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Sage User

Rhino - I need your help with the black gold card.
I'm having a go at setting up the virtual tuners using dvb logic.
I've gone thru the dvb logic setting up and can scanh channels using both the dvb-t tuners and the the dvb-s tuners.
Everything saved.

When I go to add a source in sagetv I can see the dvblink capture devices numbers 1 to 4.
When I select one and try to scan in sagetv it stopes immediately - I dont find any channels

Also they all seem to be dvb-s virtual tuners - no sign of the dvb-t ones and no sign of the names i gave them in dvb-logic setup.

What have I not done? Any advice appreciated.