SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Combining DVB-T and Freesat

New to Sage so still trying to get everything figured out and could do with some advice please --

Now my BG3593 is working for Satellite via DVBlogic I thought I'd try and get the DVB-T channels working.

Now my Sage V7 at least sees the DVB-T side of the cards. Did a scan and it found a number of channels. Repeated the scan with ScanBDA and merged the frequency's and then set up my guide data using the xmltv importer. Deleted and readded the source and told it to use the xmltv data then not to scan channels.

In my guide the channels not previously set up with freesat show with a channel number as expected in the 1-70 range. The ones with a similar channel name to freesat eg Ch4, doesn't show as channel 4, just the freesat version at 104. I was expecting to see both.

What have I done wrong, having Ch4 at guide channel 4 and 104 would be preferable for the days when one or the other is getting reception problems.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Sage Expert

Check the "ID" column in the XMLTV Importer, make sure its unique for each channel if you want it to show more than once.

from stephanes guide:
If you duplicate a channel to be present on multiple lineups and want to SageTV treats these channels as the same one (to see only one channel in the guide), all these duplicated channels must have the same ID.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
Check the "ID" column in the XMLTV Importer, make sure its unique for each channel if you want it to show more than once.

from stephanes guide:
If you duplicate a channel to be present on multiple lineups and want to SageTV treats these channels as the same one (to see only one channel in the guide), all these duplicated channels must have the same ID.
Thanks, is it ok just to edit this to whatever I want, can it be done in the frequency file or does it have to be done in XMLTV importer?

Another slightly related question, once I alter a frequency file do I have to create a new channel line up on XMLTV as it doesn't seem to "refresh" after I've altered it?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
Thanks, is it ok just to edit this to whatever I want, can it be done in the frequency file or does it have to be done in XMLTV importer?
Just checked mine & the ID in XMLTV Importer does not match anything from the XMLTV file produced by the grabber, so suspect just change it in the Importer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
Another slightly related question, once I alter a frequency file do I have to create a new channel line up on XMLTV as it doesn't seem to "refresh" after I've altered it?
You mean refresh what's displayed in the Sage EPG?

Sage only refreshes the EPG every 24hrs, to force it you need to disable then re-enable a channel in the channel manager then it should reload the EPG.

If you mean altering frequencies, you need to completely stop and restart Sage for it to re-read the .frq.

Check this out for how I set mine up.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You mean refresh what's displayed in the Sage EPG?

Sage only refreshes the EPG every 24hrs, to force it you need to disable then re-enable a channel in the channel manager then it should reload the EPG.

If you mean altering frequencies, you need to completely stop and restart Sage for it to re-read the .frq.

Check this out for how I set mine up.
I actually mean,...after I add a channel to the sage frequency file (either from dvblogic or from a base scan in scan bda), I then go back to XMLTV importer channel setup to map the epg data but the channel setup doesn't automatically see the extra channel. If I delete the channel line up and then add a new version pointing to the updated frequency file the extra channel is reflected but then I have to remap the channels for the guide data.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Sage Expert

Erm, not too sure, but if you alter things in XMLTV Importer you need to use Update Guide Data to transfer the data into Sage, then also maybe refresh the guide in Sage.... just a guess.

edit: ok, think I understand you.

To add a new channel I

1. Add the new channel into my lineup on Digiguide
2. Run a grab to download a new XMLTV file
3. Add new entry to .frq noting the CH:xx used
4. XMLTV Importer
Channel Lineups
Add a channel (NOT Add channels ->)
Enter the data, for physical channel this just needs to point to the CH:xx entry in the .frq - this is how they are linked together

So say you entered BBC2 as CH:544 in the .frq
In the Importer just ensure you enter 554 as the Physical Channel number in the lineup.

Last edited by starfire; 11-30-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cheers I'll give it a go.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

May I suggest an additional step which you may need between 1 and 2.

I have found that Digiguide changes aren't relected in the data DG2XML extracts until I stop and start the underlying Digiguide service. You can do that either via Windows Task Manager, or simply by rebooting.

I'd be interested to know if others have fouind this too, or whether it's just something in the way I've got things set up; there's no logical reason why the stop/start should be necessary but I never see changes unless I do.