SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Sage User

Sage remote buttons controlling my tv also...

I have a 32" Magnavox LCD. I just hooked up my HD300 extender. When I press the "Home" and "TV" buttons on the sage remote, they change the source/input on my tv. One of the buttons scrolls the source up and the other scrolls it down. Has anyone else had this issue? Suggested fix? I tried to search and came up empty.

Thanks

Last edited by cobrew; 12-05-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Sage Expert

Ouch, probably using the same remote codes. I think the Sage boxes use a Phillips chip for the remote functions and Magnavox is owned by Phillips, so they are most certainly using a Phillips chip.

AFAIK the Sage hardware is not capable of using a different remote setting, and most TVs I have seen aren't either. Hope domeone comes along with a solution for you though.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sounds like it is time to get a bigger, non Magnavox TV!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Administrator

The SageTV remote can't be reprogrammed for those buttons. You could get a new programmable remote and program it with different IR codes for those commands. That's probably cheaper than a new TV, unless you are looking for a reason to replace the TV.

But, while those commands can be taught to use new IR codes, the Home code that is used to do a quick wake into the last used mode (standalone or connected to a SageTV server) cannot be reprogrammed, so you would need to use the Power button to wake the HD300. The only downside to that is a slightly longer startup time for the HD300.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Sounds like it is time to get a bigger, non Magnavox TV!!!

That was my initial thought. It was a black friday purchase a few years ago. I don't mind replacing it.... In fact I want something larger for my bedroom however I want to move the Magnavox to the guest room and add a HD300 with it.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The SageTV remote can't be reprogrammed for those buttons. You could get a new programmable remote and program it with different IR codes for those commands. That's probably cheaper than a new TV, unless you are looking for a reason to replace the TV.

But, while those commands can be taught to use new IR codes, the Home code that is used to do a quick wake into the last used mode (standalone or connected to a SageTV server) cannot be reprogrammed, so you would need to use the Power button to wake the HD300. The only downside to that is a slightly longer startup time for the HD300.

- Andy
Andy- Thanks for the info. I'll have to check when I get home but I think I have an extra Hauppage remote. It may be the Win MC remote though. I have a Logitech Harmony 700 that I'm not using in the living room anymore so I can see if that will do the trick. Thanks for the info.