SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Plugin request...

I'm looking for a way to be notified of upcoming Google calendar events on my HD100. I found a program called Scotts Gmail Alert that works stand alone or with Growl for windows. It lets you monitor several different Google accounts and it accomplishes what I want except it requires a Windows PC. I have searched through the available STVI/plgins etc. and have not found anything that specifacally does this. I did see Sage Alert and Infopopup/Caller ID. Can either of theses display Google calendar events. Is there anyone willing to create a plugin to accomplish this? THANX!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

SageAlert can't do it. However, it wouldn't be difficult for someone with the programming skills to do it - Google even provides a Java API for its calendar service. The trick is finding someone in the community with the skill set to accomplish the task and in need of the same functionality. Unfortunately, I would have no use for this feature so I'm out. I know that doesn't seem like a useful response, but I post it in case another dev in the community comes across this and I will have done a little research for them in saying that there is a Java API to do this and it really wouldn't be the most difficult plugin in the world to add to SageTV.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
SageAlert can't do it. However, it wouldn't be difficult for someone with the programming skills to do it - Google even provides a Java API for its calendar service. The trick is finding someone in the community with the skill set to accomplish the task and in need of the same functionality. Unfortunately, I would have no use for this feature so I'm out. I know that doesn't seem like a useful response, but I post it in case another dev in the community comes across this and I will have done a little research for them in saying that there is a Java API to do this and it really wouldn't be the most difficult plugin in the world to add to SageTV.
Ok. Thanx for your reply.

Anyone willing and able?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

maybe offer a little donation and some skilled programmers might just do it, even if he doesn't need to use it.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
maybe offer a little donation and some skilled programmers might just do it, even if he doesn't need to use it.

I'm willing to pay....
Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
I'm willing to pay....
I get paid to write software 40+ hours a week as it is, I don't need to be paid to do it anymore. Besides, I highly doubt you're willing to pay an equivalent hourly rate. Even if you were, I still wouldn't take you up on the offer.

If the problem isn't challenging/interesting to me and/or I don't need the functionality, I won't do it, paid or not. Sorry, this particular task doesn't interest me so I'm still out.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I get paid to write software 40+ hours a week as it is, I don't need to be paid to do it anymore. Besides, I highly doubt you're willing to pay an equivalent hourly rate. Even if you were, I still wouldn't take you up on the offer.

If the problem isn't challenging/interesting to me and/or I don't need the functionality, I won't do it, paid or not. Sorry, this particular task doesn't interest me so I'm still out.
I don't think mayamaniac was directing his suggestion to offer financial compensation directly to you. "maybe some skilled programmers" seems pretty gemeral to me.

I certantly was not trying to convince you to reconsider either. I clearly understood you are not insterested from the first time you said "I'm out".

I was merely offering to pay anyone for what I'm asking for.

So is any other skilled programmer (not Slugger...he is out X2) willing and able? THANX!!

Last edited by nettech_gt; 12-11-2010 at 07:34 PM.