SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mobile Web Gets Error 404

I think I have followed all instructions for getting Mobile Web to work on an iPad. I am addressing my router from its "outside" address (static IP), then forwarding to a port 1234; Jetty is configured with port 1234. I uninstalled all plugins, then reinstalled everything that looks close to web support. So I get five "lines" of GUI for "Web Applications", so clearly I am getting to the router and to the Sage server. Web Interface works, but that doesn't do anything, just shows status, etc. Streaming Services and Recording Extender bring up blanks, but not my issue.

When selecting Mobile Web Interface 2.0.0.40, I get Error 404, and the statement it is not finding /sagem/m/menu.jsp. I do not have a folder /sagem, so obviously none of the rest. Is this a Windows 7 difference? I did a search and do not have the file menu.jsp anywhere either.

Batch Metadata Tools has an error message under System Messages about three files that are missing under \webfeedencoder\config, all having .deliv file extensions. I had those files with .props extensions, so made copies and renamed them, no change, and Tools still says those files are not found.

This is my wife's Christmas present, so hoping to have Sage working in the kitchen via wifi by then.

Last edited by oldmike60; 12-22-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jetty: subfolders

Just found the suggestion under Jetty to remove subfolders under /webapps. Tried this, no change.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmike60 View Post
Batch Metadata Tools has an error message under System Messages about three files that are missing under \webfeedencoder\config, all having .deliv file extensions. I had those files with .props extensions, so made copies and renamed them, no change, and Tools still says those files are not found.
Check the Batch Metadata Tools Subforum for your issues with BMT.

Quote:
Just found the suggestion under Jetty to remove subfolders under /webapps. Tried this, no change.
Was SageTV shut down (including the service) when you deleted the folders?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes (shut down).
Old 12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

How about the jetty/contexts/sagewebapp.xml and jetty/webapps/SageWebApp.war files?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jetty Subdirectories

I was not certain if to remove the subfolders or just their contents. So I uninstalled all of my plugins, deleted the /jetty folder, then reinstalled the plugins. No better. I did notice that it still had my usernam and PW, so maybe there is other data stored elsewhere that needs to be wiped?

Mike
Old 12-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Minimum plugins needed?

What is the minimum complement of plugins needed to be able to watch streaming video from SAGETV on an iPad? I am assuming that the iPad browser, Safari, is considered a desktop browser not mobile. What is installed now is H2 Database, Jetty, and Web Interface.

Just did another wipe and reinstall, and now I get repeatedly asked for user name and PW, which I have already set up in Jetty and which don't seem to be accepted. I get "Unauthorized".

But right now I am not using the iPad; using Internet Explorer from my desktop.

Last edited by oldmike60; 12-23-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Add more info.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I was not certain if to remove the subfolders or just their contents. So I uninstalled all of my plugins, deleted the /jetty folder, then reinstalled the plugins. No better. I did notice that it still had my usernam and PW, so maybe there is other data stored elsewhere that needs to be wiped?

Mike
They're stored in jetty/etc/realms.properties so they should have been deleted when you removed the jetty/ folder.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What is the minimum complement of plugins needed to be able to watch streaming video from SAGETV on an iPad? I am assuming that the iPad browser, Safari, is considered a desktop browser not mobile. What is installed now is H2 Database, Jetty, and Web Interface.

Just did another wipe and reinstall, and now I get repeatedly asked for user name and PW, which I have already set up in Jetty and which don't seem to be accepted. I get "Unauthorized".

But right now I am not using the iPad; using Internet Explorer from my desktop.
iPad/iPhone streaming only works through the Mobile Web Interface; Nielm's Web Interface doesn't support it. When you install the Mobile Web Interface it will install the Media Streaming Services plugin dependency which is also necessary.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

iPad Now Connecting!

Frankly not sure what I did, and it still doesn't work with IE under Windows 7, but the iPad connects and plays recorded TV shows just fine. I can also get the Menu. Thanks for the help.

However, I cannot get control of the tuner and see live TV, nor play stored video, only recorded shows. I'll start a new thread for them.

Thanks again.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
However, I cannot get control of the tuner and see live TV, nor play stored video, only recorded shows. I'll start a new thread for them.

Thanks again.
Glad it's now working for you.

To see live TV the recording must be started beforehand - either manually or by a favorite. And there's a known issue right now where playback will stop at the time you started watching (e.g. if the show started at 7:00 and you started watching at 7:05, it will hang after you watch 5 minutes of it). Imported videos are not supported at this time, only TV recordings.
, Java 1.6.