SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Just simple check, did you point the external player plugin to your batch file?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Just simple check, did you point the external player plugin to your batch file?
Yes, first to the PowerDVD.exe directly, then after that didn't fly, to the batch file. (Detailed Setup, DVD, I think).
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage User

Hey Fuzzy,

I'm a big fan of your TMT pluging, works great...but now I am wanting to step into the world of Phoenix and alas, it appears to no longer launch TMT when playing a blu ray movie. Do you know why and is there relief in site?

Thanks!

George
Old 06-23-2011, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix is a completely new UI, and as such, any existing UI Mod plugins will not function in it. I don't know what sort of point are even in it to be hooked to to launch it. I have yet to play around with phoenix an more than a quick download of it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Sage User

TMT5 update fix for launching BDs

Fuzzy,

I am also a big fan of your TMT plug in it worked great until I updated to the latest version of TMT5.. Your awesome plugin will launch TMT 5 but no movie will play. So I have downgraded back to the older version of TMT5 and the plugin works. Please let me know if there will be a fix to this issue soon.

Thanks!

Tim
Old 09-06-2011, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjchuck View Post
Fuzzy,

I am also a big fan of your TMT plug in it worked great until I updated to the latest version of TMT5.. Your awesome plugin will launch TMT 5 but no movie will play. So I have downgraded back to the older version of TMT5 and the plugin works. Please let me know if there will be a fix to this issue soon.

Thanks!

Tim
Did you use a patch to update? The version shouldn't matter unless they changed something drastically.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

TMT3 and 5 shouldn't make a difference, with the exception of the executable actually being a different name. The command line is the same. If it is launching, and not playing a movie, then it isn't getting passed the path properly. Most likely there was a problem introduced in your batch file when you changed the path to 5, that caused the problem (assuming you are launching it through a batch file)

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Sage Icon

There's been a change in behaviour with TMT5 where the BD path passed to TMT needs to not include the \BDMV at the end of the path.

John
Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
There's been a change in behaviour with TMT5 where the BD path passed to TMT needs to not include the \BDMV at the end of the path.

John
I'm pretty sure that's not the case, as I am still launching BDMV folders in TMT5 with the full path (including /BDMV).

This is the batch file I use to launch it: WatchInTMT5.bat
Code:
@echo off

echo Launching TMT5 to play %1 > WatchInTMT5.log

set VCDLetter=W:

if X%~x1==X.iso goto mount

:playfile
"C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\event.exe" StartTMT
start /wait "" "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %~s1
"C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder5\event.exe" StopTMT

goto :end

:mount
start /wait "Mounting ISO" C:\PROGRA~1\ELABOR~1\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe /l=%VCDLetter% %~s1
start /wait "" "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %VCDLetter%
start /wait "UnMounting ISO" C:\PROGRA~1\ELABOR~1\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe /l=%VCDLetter% /u

:end

Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Sage User

Still TMT5 no play of BDMV files

Fuzzy,

Yes, I use a batch file and yes I used a patch. The patch went from TMT 5.0.1.80 to 5.0.1.114. John was saying that the new patch needs not to include the \BDMV but I am not sure where to find the code for that to make the change and test it out.

As for my batch file... it is very simple because I do not use girder I use eventghost for all my stuff:
here it is:

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arcsoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %~s1

With this batch file and version 5.0.1.114 TMT will launch but not automatically load the BD file. (I must do this manually).

Hope this helps to figure out the issue!!
Thanks again
Tim
Old 09-08-2011, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

You might be able to pass %~dps1 instead (which would return the PATH to the passed location, which should basically give you the path to the BDMV folder). You'd have to do some if statements to make sure it only does this for BDMV's though, otherwise DVD's would be affected as well.

EDIT: Looks like this would work okay:
Code:
@echo off
cls
if x%~n1==xBDMV goto bluray

goto dvd

:bluray
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arcsoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %~sdp1
goto end

:dvd
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arcsoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %~s1
goto end

what it does is the if statement checks to see if the passed object is called BDMV (%~n1 returns the name of the file/directory passed). If so, it goes to the bluray branch, and launches passing the shortened path to the passed object (%~sdp1). If not, it will go to the DVD branch, and pass the whole object.

I love batch files...

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-08-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

So, my updated batch that also handles mounting .iso's with VCD, is as follows:
Code:
@echo off

set VCDLetter=W:

if X%~x1==X.iso goto iso
goto dvd

start /wait "" "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %~sdp1
goto end

start /wait "" "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %~s1
goto end

:iso
start /wait "Mounting ISO" C:\PROGRA~1\ELABOR~1\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe /l=%VCDLetter% %~s1
start /wait "" "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %VCDLetter%
start /wait "UnMounting ISO" C:\PROGRA~1\ELABOR~1\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe /l=%VCDLetter% /u
goto end

Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Works great

Fuzzy,

The batch file worked!!! Thanks for the help

Tim
Old 09-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Sage User

Using TMT5

Fuzzy, thanks. I couldn't get BluRay to play in TMT5 saw this remedy and implemented it - works great now.
Tony
System:AMD Phenoom II Dual core 3.2 Ghz, 2x2GB Ripjaw 1600 RAM, Win 7, ATI Radeon HD 4670, Hauppage 1212, Sage TV 7.xx, 90GB SSD for OS and Progams and 2x2TB SATA mirrored for data. Pioneer Elite Tuner/AMP, Samsung 65" LCD 120 HZ.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
Fuzzy, thanks. I couldn't get BluRay to play in TMT5 saw this remedy and implemented it - works great now.
Tony
Yeah, that behavior only cropped up in one of the more recent updates to TMT5, and since I hadn't updated yet, I hadn't noticed it.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Sage User

the only problem i have with this is that when i launch a bluray sage continues to play. and if i only have sage paused i lose focus from tmt5 back to sage when it asks to change a channel to record. i can get around this by hitting launch the power really fast, but its kind of annoying.

also i just hit exit on my mce remote and tmt5 closes back to sage
Old 12-17-2011, 01:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I don't do anything with sage in this plugin. That I do in Girder outside of sage (put sage to 'sleep', launch TMT5, etc).

Old 12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Sage User

I've never heard of/used Girder. What is it exactly? Sorry if it is off topic
Old 12-18-2011, 11:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Automation software. It pretty much runs everything in my system. USB-UIRT IR commands go there, and it handles the rest (controls/switches between different media programs, handles the clients power management, etc). There are other free softwares that can do this now (eventghost comes to mind), but I've always used girder, so that's what I still use.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
So, my updated batch that also handles mounting .iso's with VCD, is as follows:
Code:
@echo off

set VCDLetter=W:

if X%~x1==X.iso goto iso
goto dvd

start /wait "" "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %~sdp1
goto end

goto end

:iso
goto end

So I made the jump from Phoenix to Diamond, and installed your plugin, and created a batch file like yours (corrected my paths to match and commented out the Girder stuff as I just want to get the video to play first before I jump into girder).

But its not working. When I play a BD rip, it loads up a MCE type screen which is "uMCEPlayer5" and does nothing, there are a few options on the screen, but dont recall what they are right now. I tried launching uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe in place of uMCEPlayer5.exe, and got the default black TMT5 screen, but it wouldnt auto-play the movie.

Is there just some setup steps I need to do in the uMCEPlayer5 (and why do you use this one, isnt MCE evil? ) Is my issue that I am not passing on Girder events right now? How do I create those StartTMT and StopTMT events?

Thanks for any help!