SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:36 PM

Firewire recording fro a Sa3250HD

Hey everyone,

Im evaluating the software after using Mythtv for years, Im impressed so far. Looks and functions great and the plugins look to have quite a bit of activity.

One thing that im struggling with is firewire recording from my Scientific Atlantic 3250HD stb. All the thread I seem to be finding are very old, and Im not sure how relevent...

Im running Sage on WinXP sp2 and I know my stb has active firewire that is able to be recorded - Mythtv does it pretty easy, Ive had to switch to XP and in the process trying out what else is out there. Ive just killed Win7 MCE, It looks the best but has no features compared to Myth. Firewire is out of the question with it due to the firewire stack, from what Ive read.
It seems the XP support is somewhat better, does anyone have any threads that may still apply to my situation.
thanks in advance.
Matt
Old 12-27-2010, 10:31 AM

I kinda got it working following the huge thread I found here.
Using sgraphrecorder, but is seems flaky certain channels show for a bit then pixelate and usually crash sage.
any ideas?