SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
does the dll file need to be registered?
Hmm, none of the instructions I've read said so but I will try that. Sage is seeing the DLL, I get the option to select the EXEMultiTunerPlugin as the tuner for the card, and then to choose which .ir file to use
Rosewill RSV-L4411 server case, Core i5 4590, 16 GB RAM, 1 Hauppauge Colossus, 1 HDHomeRun, 500GB SATA recording drive, 14 TB JBOD for media, SageTV 7, Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 14.04 VM with Plex Server and Subsonic

Frontend:
ASUS Chromebox running Kodi with SageTV add-on
Old 09-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

I been using this DLL to turn in my channel for years until the other day we keep having black out in the house.

On old router, I had ip address reserved and assigned for each DirectTV boxes until about 6 months ago I replaced the router and did not reserve in the new router because I was in a hurry. I just renamed all the .ir file with the new ip addressing.

After the black out, all ip address changed again so I just rename the ip address and it didn't work this time. It would not tune the channel.

I sent the GetOption command and it responded so I know I have the ip address correct.

Not sure why it stopped working all together.

Can anyone give me a tip on what to look into ?

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 09-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I been using this DLL to turn in my channel for years until the other day we keep having black out in the house.

On old router, I had ip address reserved and assigned for each DirectTV boxes until about 6 months ago I replaced the router and did not reserve in the new router because I was in a hurry. I just renamed all the .ir file with the new ip addressing.

After the black out, all ip address changed again so I just rename the ip address and it didn't work this time. It would not tune the channel.

I sent the GetOption command and it responded so I know I have the ip address correct.

Not sure why it stopped working all together.

Can anyone give me a tip on what to look into ?

Bill

I couldn't get it working at all so I reinstalled SageTV and applied the HTTP Tuning files and it start working again on a clean SageTV install. Strange that it been working for years then suddenly stops working.

At least my kids got their TV back which stopped them from driving me crazy

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed the exemultituner and that worked for about a week. Could NOT figure out why it stopped, then it became too sporadic, sooooooooo I installed the HTTP tuning dll, Friday, and all was well 'till yesterday evening. I can go into the guide and pick a channel and it changes to it. I can enter a channel while watching and it'll change to it.

BUT when I program a recording say on channel 2, and the receiver's on channel 1, it will not change. I've watched and there isn't any attempt - at least that shows up on screen, of it changing.

ANY ideas where to look? I've double checked everything.

BTW, I can change the channel and pull info from a browser on another networked computer as well as the HTPC that SageTV resides on.

********************************************** update *****************************************************

In case someone meanders about and ends up here, make sure you've got the device=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx set. I set all instances (after uninstalling and re-installing it) and it "seems" fine now.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.

Last edited by RBraverman; 06-20-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvic View Post
Attached is my attempt at a DLL that does HTTP tuning for DirecTV boxes. Like I said before I have only tested it on H24 boxes and Server 2003.

To use the tuner just unzip the file in the SageTV\Common directory. It will add the following files/directories:
SageTV\Common\DirecTVTuner.dll
SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\Directv HTTP Tuning
SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\Directv HTTP Tuning\192.168.211.60.ir

You will need to change the name of the 192.168.211.60.ir file to the IP address of your DirecTV box. The IP address also needs to be entered inside the file. If you have more than one box then you can copy the file and change the name to appropriate IP address.

You will then need to restart Sage to get it to recognize the DLL.

If you use it please let me know how it works for you.

Eric
You will also need to setup the Directv receiver to allow EXTERNAL CONTROL! This is done as follows...
Menu>Favs and Settings>Settings>Whole Home>Exernal Device>ALLOW>OK
Old 12-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I couldn't get it working at all so I reinstalled SageTV and applied the HTTP Tuning files and it start working again on a clean SageTV install. Strange that it been working for years then suddenly stops working.

At least my kids got their TV back which stopped them from driving me crazy

Bill
I had a similar issue, much frustration and time, removing reinstalling tuners,,, the fix seemed to be.. I ended up deleting the directtvtuner.dll, and the related directory and ir files. I also deleted a file called stubdevice. restarted sage looked at the tuner setup, and it seemed to show the directory tree under tuner control, tried to change a couple channels, still no work. Then I shut down stage went back and reinstalled the directvtunner dll from scratch and recreated each tuner/ip file from modifying the original one from zip. started sage back up, and finally, it works.