SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:00 AM
SageTVaholic

[PLUGIN] UIMOD - Monitor Power Control by Fuzzy

Launches an external command that can be used to turn a monitor/tv on and off upon entering/exiting the sagetv screen-saver (client sleep).
Configuration is done under:

Detailed Setup -> Screen Saver Options -> Screen Saver Style == Monitor Off.
then:
Detailed Setup -> Screen Saver Options -> Monitor Power Options

Out of the box, this plugin will do nothing. It launches the MonOff.bat and MonOn.bat files on entering/exiting the screen saver, but those batch files will need to be customized to handle your particular scenario (they do nothing as downloaded). I use them to send some commands out a serial port to the RS-232 port on my televisions. You could probably also use a girder event to transmit an IR signal from a USB-UIRT, etc. It can even function with extenders, but would run the configured program on the server - so if you had some sort of distributed HA system, it could trigger something in that, customized to that location.

Nothing out of the box, with endless possibilities...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-19-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Sage User

Thank you !!!

I will give it a try after work.

Tryed it and it works perfect with eventghost, here is how I use it:

When sage screensaver kicks in this plugin sends a signal to eventghost and it runs
1 mce remote blasters turns off TV
2 mce remote blasters turns off reciver
3 nexa wireless powerswitch turns off monitor and pc speakers
4 PC hibernates

On resume I have eventghost to turn on everything again.

Thanks alot Fuzzy

Last edited by nissse; 01-20-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissse View Post
Thank you !!!

I will give it a try after work.

Tryed it and it works perfect with eventghost, here is how I use it:

When sage screensaver kicks in this plugin sends a signal to eventghost and it runs
1 mce remote blasters turns off TV
2 mce remote blasters turns off reciver
3 nexa wireless powerswitch turns off monitor and pc speakers
4 PC hibernates

On resume I have eventghost to turn on everything again.

Thanks alot Fuzzy
I'd love for this to have my HD300 turn of my Toshiba 55 inch tv WITH REGZA link.... is this possible in anyway, even with IR?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

the HD300 has no way to physically control the set. It has no IR blaster, and no serial port. It appears the HD300 has enough of the HDMI CEC to report it's presense to downstream devices, but it offers no other control capabilities. I'm not sure if it's something that could be tweaked from a linux shell, but I'm certainly not the guy to try to figure it out.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
the HD300 has no way to physically control the set. It has no IR blaster, and no serial port. It appears the HD300 has enough of the HDMI CEC to report it's presense to downstream devices, but it offers no other control capabilities. I'm not sure if it's something that could be tweaked from a linux shell, but I'm certainly not the guy to try to figure it out.
Why hasn't this been looked into yet maybe with one of those USBCEC devices they are using with xbmc now.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm sure it's possible with tweaks on the linux side - I'm not a linux guy, and it would take someone who's spent a lot of time already inside the HD300's linux environment to truly answer as to what is required, what could be loaded at runtime, and what-not. What i was saying though, is that it already HAS some sort of CEC functionality built into the SOC's HDMI implementation, as it does report as a CEC capable device to other CEC devices, so it may not even require THAT many tweaks, or additional USB based hardware - however, controlling that SOC's features requires having the NDA locked down documentation.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Forget using the hd300 I was referring to this http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/pro...c-adapter.aspx
Old 10-28-2012, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
Forget using the hd300 I was referring to this http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/pro...c-adapter.aspx
You quoted a comment regarding using this plugin on an HD300. For PC based control, there's nothing to look into. This plugin can handle pretty much anything that can be controlled from a command line.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Sage Expert

well I was thinking more along the lines of controlling the extender through usb on the pc
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Sage Expert

Ah, CEC... Inventing hardware and all sorts of convoluted processes to do what universal remotes have already been doing easier/better for 30 years.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon View Post
Ah, CEC... Inventing hardware and all sorts of convoluted processes to do what universal remotes have already been doing easier/better for 30 years.
Well, I certainly wouldn't say easier or better. CEC, as an integration tech, would be great, if it was implemented properly. The controlling of downstream individual components is only part of the concept. The auto source selection is much more important, and something that until the last few years, was only really available on universal remotes >$250.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Well, I certainly wouldn't say easier or better. CEC, as an integration tech, would be great, if it was implemented properly. The controlling of downstream individual components is only part of the concept. The auto source selection is much more important, and something that until the last few years, was only really available on universal remotes >$250.
Don't forget the need for line of sight or repeaters to make all this possible.
Nothing more frustrating than getting a call at work from home because wife stopped pointing the remote directly at the media center for a fraction of a second, and then needing to cycle everything off, hide the remote under a pillow, while hitting the power button. then starting over.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
Don't forget the need for line of sight or repeaters to make all this possible.
Nothing more frustrating than getting a call at work from home because wife stopped pointing the remote directly at the media center for a fraction of a second, and then needing to cycle everything off, hide the remote under a pillow, while hitting the power button. then starting over.
The key reason that for me, my remote only interacts with the sagetv client. It then controls everything else. The PC then uses discrete power and source commands to keep everything lined up and in sync.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Sage Expert

I've got ir repeaters going to hdmi extenders with ir senders blasting another ir repeater. I've actually got multiple locations where an ir blaster is taped directly to an ir receiver.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Launches an external command that can be used to turn a monitor/tv on and off upon entering/exiting the sagetv screen-saver (client sleep).
Configuration is done under:

Detailed Setup -> Screen Saver Options -> Screen Saver Style == Monitor Off.
then:
Detailed Setup -> Screen Saver Options -> Monitor Power Options

Out of the box, this plugin will do nothing. It launches the MonOff.bat and MonOn.bat files on entering/exiting the screen saver, but those batch files will need to be customized to handle your particular scenario (they do nothing as downloaded). I use them to send some commands out a serial port to the RS-232 port on my televisions. You could probably also use a girder event to transmit an IR signal from a USB-UIRT, etc. It can even function with extenders, but would run the configured program on the server - so if you had some sort of distributed HA system, it could trigger something in that, customized to that location.

Nothing out of the box, with endless possibilities...
This works really well. Is there any way to pause the timer?
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 09-28-2017, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
This works really well. Is there any way to pause the timer?
Don't think so. This is using the regular sage screen saver code, just launching the batch file instead of bringing up the screen saver.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Don't think so. This is using the regular sage screen saver code, just launching the batch file instead of bringing up the screen saver.
I found a way, digging into my head for how I made batch files when I was a Fidonet sysop. I made a bat file named busy.bat which lives in the same place as monon.bat and monoff.bat. It contains this:

echo busy > busy.txt

Make a .bat file called notbusy.bat It contains this:

del busy.txt

Add the following to monon.bat and monoff.bat:

if exist busy.txt goto :end
(last line of file will be this)
:end

Add lines to the appropriate places in Eventghost scripts for entering and leaving Kodi.

Now I can toggle between SageTV and Kodi without SageTV shutting the monitor off when I come back to it.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit

Last edited by Malfunction; 10-03-2017 at 04:55 PM.