SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Sage User

Sage7, USB-UIRT and Remotes??

Hi,

I have a brand new install of Sage7 (on Win7) that i am trying to get working with with a USB-UIRT. What remotes work with the USB-UIRT? I tryo to do the learn code to remote mapping and the UIRt does not recognize anything except for the Satellite receivers remote. I have a MCE remote, Sage remote, and a Hauppauge 45-key remote and none seem to work with it.

What remotes are people using with the UIRT? Do logitech Harmony remotes work? If so which ones?

I am trying to just use the UIRT to navigate the Sage menu and blast channel changes to my 2 Satellite HDTV receivers.

Thanks,

Sean
Old 01-29-2011, 11:28 PM
SageTVaholic

On win7, you can't use the drivers from the USB-UIRT web site, if you are using the USB-UIRT for both control AND blasting. this is because the SageTV Service does the blasting, and the SageTV UI recieves the commands - win 7 doesn't let both of them interact with the USB-UIRT. There are beta drivers floating around here on the forum that are reported to get around this limitation. I do know the hauppauge remote from my MVP has no problem working with the USB-UIRT, so I'm thinking the problem you are experiencing isn't actually the remotes.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Sage User

So what is the OS of choice for Sage7? I was hoping to use Win7, but if I have to go down to XP I will do it.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Sage Expert

There is no problem with using Win7 and a USB-UIRT. If you are running sage as a service, are using the USB-UIRT for blasting, and using it to receive remote commands you need the beta drivers from this post.

There should not be any problems with any of the remotes that you have, but be aware that all of those remotes use toggle codes so you would need to program each button twice; once for each code a keypress transmits. Unless you have disabled the red LED on the front of the USB-UIRT you should see the LED flash whenever you fire a remote at it. Then it is just a matter of mapping remote buttons to functions in Sage.

Harmony remotes don't have their own IR codes per se, they emulate other remotes so any harmony remote will work with a USB-UIRT. You just have to tell the harmony software what the device is.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Sage User

Can I use the UIRT for the IR blasting and a MCE receiver for the remote control of Sage? If so, I have a problem getting them to work together. I have been trying for awhile, but I get nowhere and just go back to my original BeyondTV setup that has both working. I want to use Sage, but it is just a bugger to configure properly.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Just use the beta drivers Spectrum linked to, and Sage should deal with everything just fine. You should be able to teach it how to use any IR remote you've got. I would avoid using an MCE receiver, especially if you've already GOT a USB-UIRT, as it is far more problematic, since it emulates a keyboard. You will end up fighting focus issues.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room