SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Administrator

I don't think you should use an attribute defined below a table item; instead try using the cell title for the variable name where you are trying to set focus... but that won't work too well here because you are sending the same value for every item in the list sent to the table.

And, you only need to use EnsureVisibilityForVariable() if you want to have the focused item in a specific location (which may be what you want here).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Thanks for the reply but I couldn't use the cell title as it never worked.... the cell title would normally work but in this case it didn't (I guess its because of the Array of Hash's thing).

I just worked out how to do it (I think).... I'm not sure if its a proper method or not and I would be grateful if you or anyone else could say if its a stupid way to do it or not.

Anyway because my table is fed from an array of hash's (see below for example) I could never get any sort of Focus to work with it..... So I was poking around in an XBMC skin running in Sage and came across a DataUnion() with only one value assigned to it. This got me thinking, and I tried adding my array of hash's to a DataUnion(MediaFiles) which then feeds my table... POW, SetFocusForVariable() worked first time...... I added my EnsureVisibilityForVariable() to get my focus centered in my table and its all working

Hash example: {SHOWTITLE=Fringe, MAX(RELEASEDATE)=2011-02-18, SERIESID=82066, COUNT(*)=57, MAX(MEDIAIMPORTTIME)=2011-02-19 03:57:18.686}

If this seems like a proper method to achieve what I want I'll be pretty pleased with myself..... if not I guess I'll go and jump under a bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I don't think you should use an attribute defined below a table item; instead try using the cell title for the variable name where you are trying to set focus... but that won't work too well here because you are sending the same value for every item in the list sent to the table.

And, you only need to use EnsureVisibilityForVariable() if you want to have the focused item in a specific location (which may be what you want here).

- Andy
Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
If this seems like a proper method to achieve what I want I'll be pretty pleased with myself..... if not I guess I'll go and jump under a bus
Are you still with us or did you jump under the bus?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
you don't have to use ensure focus only you want it in a certain spot.
I'm going to drag this thread back up from the depths

Does the same princple apply to a table which is 3 rows by 9 columns (horizontal scroll)?

I'm trying to get my table to start with element 0 at index 3 but everytime I try and set focus using the ensure focus it goes to index 0 instead of index 3. Using the same code on a single row or single column table works fine.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 05-29-2011 at 01:03 PM.