SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Finding Metadata for some files

Hi Folks,
I have Phoenix Core Services install and pulling the metadata for TV shows and movies in my import directories (thanks for the great plugin!!). I just put on a collection of Sherlock Holmes from the 1984 series and it found them all no sweat, as they had the SxxExx in the title. However I just put on "The Hound of the Baskervilles" from the same series, and being it's a special (no SxxExx) Sage (or Phoenix) is not finding any metagata on it. I've found the show in IMDB and tried putting the TITLE.YEAR.IMDB# (tt0395330).ACTOR in the file name, but still no joy. Any hints or suggestions that would help it find the IMDB metadata?

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
Hi Folks,
I have Phoenix Core Services install and pulling the metadata for TV shows and movies in my import directories (thanks for the great plugin!!). I just put on a collection of Sherlock Holmes from the 1984 series and it found them all no sweat, as they had the SxxExx in the title. However I just put on "The Hound of the Baskervilles" from the same series, and being it's a special (no SxxExx) Sage (or Phoenix) is not finding any metagata on it. I've found the show in IMDB and tried putting the TITLE.YEAR.IMDB# (tt0395330).ACTOR in the file name, but still no joy. Any hints or suggestions that would help it find the IMDB metadata?

Thanks,

Bobby
You'll probably want to install the bmt (Batch Metadata Tools) web ui and use the metadata editor there to add the metadata for your file. For TV phoenix core uses tvdb and not imdb... and unfortunately, phoenix core does not support "specials" at this time

There'a link to the bmt guides in my signature.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Very Much!

I've installed BMT and made some correction.

Now it's time to RTFM

Bobby