SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Hauppauge PVR-150 - Sage - Windows 7 & Media Center

Is there any reason why a PVR-150 wouldn't work with Media Center Windows 7?
I have installed all the drivers, which claim to be functional for W7.
Running 32 bit, with only 2 gigs of ram.
I have stopped the SageTV service, yet, for some reason, Media Center CAN'T find the PVR-150 tuner.
Sage can find it
WinTV can find it
Media Center can't find it.
I'm sure it's something obvious, but I haven't found it in these threads so far.

I know..why would I want to use Media Center.
Just testing, that's all
Old 02-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

It should work fine with Media Center as I've previously used mine with it.

There used to be a time many years ago now that you had to install drivers specific for MCE, looking on Hauppauge's site now though they no longer seem to differentiate and it's just one set of drivers.

It doesn't really surprise me that Media Center refuses to find it as from my experience it's fairly common to make any type of configuration change with Media Center and for it to completely ignore it, usually resulting in a full OS install to sort the problem out!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagal View Post
It should work fine with Media Center as I've previously used mine with it.

There used to be a time many years ago now that you had to install drivers specific for MCE, looking on Hauppauge's site now though they no longer seem to differentiate and it's just one set of drivers.

It doesn't really surprise me that Media Center refuses to find it as from my experience it's fairly common to make any type of configuration change with Media Center and for it to completely ignore it, usually resulting in a full OS install to sort the problem out!
hehe - ok, sounds like the answer I was expecting...Windows again. Thanks, I'll keep at it