SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Sage User

newbie questions

Hi,

I am at the moment testing SageTV v7 and have a few issues/questions:

I have a WHS with three cards:
Pinnacle 4000
Pinnacle USB
Hauppauge 1300

- I can't do any channel scan on the Hauppauge 1300 on DVB-T. I am based in Republic of Ireland.
the other two cards are DVB-S and seem to be fine.
The DVB-T signal should be fine since it is working with other appliactions..
I have found in some old post that suggested to check the frequency in the PredefinedDVB-T.frq file, looking at that it doesn't mention Republic of Ireland, so I tried to add a section and also to add it to some UK norther Ireland section but both didn't make any change.
Anybody any idea on how to get this working?

- is there any way that a Sage client can do WOL to the WHS server (it's not 24/7 running)?

- I noticed once that the WHS went into standby (not 24/7) although the client was connected - is there any keep alive setting or is this not possible with server on standy setting?

- on one client tuning into a channel initially the info bars appear but when they close the TV screen doesn't take the whole screen (currently have an old CRT TV connected on 4/3)...

- is there a way of customizing the menu, i.e. when clicking on TV it jumps to recorded TV, if one wants to go to the EPG view you have to go into the sub menu... can that be changed to going into EPG rather then recorded TV

thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk View Post
Hi
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk
- on one client tuning into a channel initially the info bars appear but when they close the TV screen doesn't take the whole screen (currently have an old CRT TV connected on 4/3)...
On the client, go to Setup > Detailed Setup > Multimedia

* Display Aspect Ratio Settings - make sure this is correct for your screen type
* Overscan Settings - while full screen, make sure the interface corners match your visible screen corners
* Aspect Ratio Settings - then tweak these values as needed to center and fill the screen appropriately

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk
- is there a way of customizing the menu, i.e. when clicking on TV it jumps to recorded TV, if one wants to go to the EPG view you have to go into the sub menu... can that be changed to going into EPG rather then recorded TV
Any decent remote should be able to take you with one button click to the Guide or wherever else you want to go. You can see the remote button mapping in Setup > Detailed Setup > Commands > Show Commands and reprogram with > Link Command.

Alternately, take a look in the V7 Customization forum for plugins and imports that change the actual SageTV menus: SageTV v7 Customizations
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage User

thanks for your answers, I will test the settings...
Any thoughts on the hibernation and WOL?
Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Sage User

Hi,
anybody anything about the issue with my HVR 1300 not been able to tune any channels?

Tags
hauppauge 1300, whs