SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Placeshifter in arabic

At some point, Placeshifter began giving me its logon menus in something that looks like arabic and I've been logging on by 'feel', i.e., remembering which click sequence used to start the connection process. After that, I get the blue screen and finally the Sage V7 main menu.

I tried re-installing Placeshifter, but no valentines day love.

Any suggestions for changing it back to the king's english?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Sage Expert

When Placeshifter has done strange things to me in the past, the one thing that has always worked is

On the client
Uninstall Placeshifter
Uninstall Java
delete %USERPROFILE%\.sagetv
Reinstall Java
Reinstall Placeshifter

On the server
delete the Placeshifter client's .properties file from %SAGETV%\SageTV\clients directory

Drastic, but that has worked 100% of the time for me.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, that didn't work and now I'm presented with the setup screen in arabic and I don't remember which buttons get pressed and what to enter to set it up. Before I could press the two buttons that I remembered would fire it up and thereby get it to connect.

Where does Placeshifter get its information about what language to present?

When I'm at home, I use the HD-200 and it is working fine (except that when it starts, the second column of the menu has all the items overlaid. Once I move around the menu, if fixes itself).
Old 02-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage Expert

Not sure where Placeshifter gets info about language but I would assume it gets it from the language settings on the server. What language is your server using? Might want to log a support request through email, Sage devs would probably have a bit more insight.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

It most likely picks up on the regional settings. Even though I have an English Windows XP installation, since I picked French Canadian regional settings, when I installed SageTV it assumed I wanted to perform an installation from France.

Under the hood there are still some French terms laying around... For example, using the API I can't simply search for actor but have to do it for acteur/actrice too, or maybe that's a metadata issue...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think the language info has to come from the client machine because it shows up before I can configure and select a server.

I logged a service request and the first response was to erase everything in the server .clients folder, which I did along with everything else that Spectrum recommended.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here's what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg placeshifter arabic.jpg (91.4 KB, 210 views)
Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Go to Control Panel-Region and Language to make sure the proper language is chosen. Other than that maybe you are missing certain system fonts.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Sage Expert

Weird to say the least.

The problem you are seeing here is definitely on the client side and not the server. Before, when you could make a connection, was the UI correct once you connected and got into the Sage menus? Are any other applications showing crazy things on buttons?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Gerry,
I checked Control Panel/Language, fonts, even went into the Registry to see if anything font related looked weird. Nothing did, although I really don't know every place to look. If I knew which default fonts SageTV used to populate their client UI, I could try and chase that down in the Registry.

I understand that the Placeshifter Client doesn't change the Registry but logic tells me that they have to be using a W7 font that's stored in the Registry somewhere.

Spectrum,
When I initially installed Placeshifter, it looked and worked fine. When this showed up, I remembered which buttons to push, and once it connected the UI was correct. Now I've somehow lost the left hand server button so can't even connect.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

You could try re-creating the connection. Here are what the screens should look like.

Main window

Add Box

That should at least make it usable until support can work out what is causing the problem in the launcher application.
Attached Images
File Type: png ps.png (37.9 KB, 344 views)
File Type: png add.png (26.7 KB, 309 views)
Old 02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, Spectrum
I was able to 'feel' my way through and get a working connection. Funny, I used '123' as my login name and it displayed as '234'. Nothing else was readable.