SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorting based on released date and add to library date not working still

All,

Has anybody been having problems sorting on these 2 fields. They still don't seem to be sorting properly for me.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:19 AM
SageTVaholic

No. Set the sorting for newest. Try going out of the the movies and come back in. I have mine sorted by date added to the library and the order is correct.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, I tried that and it's definately not working correctly for me. I'm wondering what properties of the media file they are actually using for these sorts. . Because within BMT I'm actually able to create a view(under Browse) sorted by date added and date released (i did this by creating 2 new vfs within Phoenix) and I use the mediaID for "date added", and then I use the original air date for "date released" sort for these 2 views
Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Yeah, I tried that and it's definately not working correctly for me. I'm wondering what properties of the media file they are actually using for these sorts. . Because within BMT I'm actually able to create a view(under Browse) sorted by date added and date released (i did this by creating 2 new vfs within Phoenix) and I use the mediaID for "date added", and then I use the original air date for "date released" sort for these 2 views
Those are the exact two fields we are using and I had any issues. I can't speak for the vfs view but if they are working right they should be the same.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if it possible "easy" to implement the sorting by collection manager id from mymovies collection manager. i checked the property file and it has no trace of the collection manager id. There is no way right?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
I don't know if it possible "easy" to implement the sorting by collection manager id from mymovies collection manager. i checked the property file and it has no trace of the collection manager id. There is no way right?
Nah really should just us SMM if using mymovies I am looking today to resolve the outstanding issue there.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky, have you seen anything to show you that there is an issue here?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Plucky, have you seen anything to show you that there is an issue here?
no mine works tested again last night.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
All,

Has anybody been having problems sorting on these 2 fields. They still don't seem to be sorting properly for me.
Hello Gustovier, have you had any success in this issue? I'm also having an issue with sorting by date. I am having trouble troubleshooting as I'm not sure what field or date tag is being used by diamond to use for date sorting. When I view the "video detail", I only see one date field, and if that is what is being used for sorting, then I have am having a problem.

Under "Sorting" I only have an option to sort by date added, title, or release year. Did you add a custom sort criteria?

Also would you mind letting me know how you added the date added and date released views in BMT? I've been looking through the user guide and am not figuring it out.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 AM
SageTVaholic

In the current releases date added=Media Id (assigned by sagetv and unchangable ad far as I know) sagetv assigns them in order as files are added.

Release date is by original air date currently but I am going to make that fall back to releaseyear. I changed it by suggestion but forgot mymovies doesn't set a original airdate so I need to make it fallback to release year.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
In the current releases date added=Media Id (assigned by sagetv and unchangable ad far as I know) sagetv assigns them in order as files are added.

Release date is by original air date currently but I am going to make that fall back to releaseyear. I changed it by suggestion but forgot mymovies doesn't set a original airdate so I need to make it fallback to release year.
What's the implications of it fallback to release year? You mean it will try the original air date first, and if that is not avail then try release year?

Also is it possible to add the Release date (aka the BMT "original air date" ) to the summary pane, basically right under the brief summary --- Actually wait that might not work because some summaries are too long, and there's no ability to scroll that summary pane. Maybe right under the Director line? It would be cool to add to the extended information view as well as the Date that's listed in that view is not the release date, I believe it is based on the time stamp attribute of the file.

I also see where things can get a little "off" as well. It seems like when you display the YEAR for a movie you pull the value from the "YEAR" BMT attribute (seems reasonable).. BUT, that year can differ from the release date. For example the movie "GasLand" has the year of 2010, but the release date of Jan 17, 2011. And your not showing the release date anywhere so it can lead to confusion if the individual is not paying attention. What is also not working properly is displaying where in the list I am. So my newest movie that I have is "Unstoppable" released on 12 November 2010. This should be #1 but instead it's listed as 240 out of my 792 movies. (Displayed in the lower left corner "240/792") With this it's almost impossible for me to know where in the list I am since there are no scroll bars, due to the list wrapping.

So with all that being said. Once I actually can locate the beginning of the list, I find the Release date sorting working (You should probably change the name from "Release Year Present to 1900" to "Release Date Present to 1900".

The "Date added to library" sort doesn't seem to work at all... I can't quite figure out what it's doing. What's making this hard is that i can't figure out what position in the sort I'm at in the list (due to the problem mentioned above)
- Edit:
This might be working as well, once I determined where my Most recently added movie was in the list (623/788) should have been (1/788) then it looks like it might be sorting correctly.

Last edited by Gustovier; 03-10-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What's the implications of it fallback to release year? You mean it will try the original air date first, and if that is not avail then try release year?

Also is it possible to add the Release date (aka the BMT "original air date" ) to the summary pane, basically right under the brief summary --- Actually wait that might not work because some summaries are too long, and there's no ability to scroll that summary pane. Maybe right under the Director line? It would be cool to add to the extended information view as well as the Date that's listed in that view is not the release date, I believe it is based on the time stamp attribute of the file.

I also see where things can get a little "off" as well. It seems like when you display the YEAR for a movie you pull the value from the "YEAR" BMT attribute (seems reasonable).. BUT, that year can differ from the release date. For example the movie "GasLand" has the year of 2010, but the release date of Jan 17, 2011. And your not showing the release date anywhere so it can lead to confusion if the individual is not paying attention. What is also not working properly is displaying where in the list I am. So my newest movie that I have is "Unstoppable" released on 12 November 2010. This should be #1 but instead it's listed as 240 out of my 792 movies. (Displayed in the lower left corner "240/792") With this it's almost impossible for me to know where in the list I am since there are no scroll bars, due to the list wrapping.

So with all that being said. Once I actually can locate the beginning of the list, I find the Release date sorting working (You should probably change the name from "Release Year Present to 1900" to "Release Date Present to 1900".

The "Date added to library" sort doesn't seem to work at all... I can't quite figure out what it's doing. What's making this hard is that i can't figure out what position in the sort I'm at in the list (due to the problem mentioned above)
No you are wanting the name changed again....

I don't really know what to tell you you have a location in the bottom where it says 2/242 or whatever. I don't know what else you are wanting for location seems to work fine for me and haven't heard anyone else complain.

As for date added it works promise 100% have tested it over and over again. Sounds like you are maybe removing videos and readding them to your library or bmt is changing the timestamp (but I don't think they do that anymore with version 7). There is really no way the date added sort can be wrong because it uses the media id's which are always in sequencial order from what I am told by sagetv.

As for fallback the original airing date is quite useless to me all I care about is the release year but I put that in at your request. The fallback will use release year if no original airing date is found. (which is the case for all mymovies users).
Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

As a FYI the next version allows for wrapping to be turned off on the list and for the option to show current row before title (location).

It also allows you to use ReleaseYear or OAD for sorting by that.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No you are wanting the name changed again....

I don't really know what to tell you you have a location in the bottom where it says 2/242 or whatever. I don't know what else you are wanting for location seems to work fine for me and haven't heard anyone else complain.

As for date added it works promise 100% have tested it over and over again. Sounds like you are maybe removing videos and readding them to your library or bmt is changing the timestamp (but I don't think they do that anymore with version 7). There is really no way the date added sort can be wrong because it uses the media id's which are always in sequencial order from what I am told by sagetv.

As for fallback the original airing date is quite useless to me all I care about is the release year but I put that in at your request. The fallback will use release year if no original airing date is found. (which is the case for all mymovies users).
Yeah, don't worry bout the name change (I agree its a little too picky).

But like i said after my edits in the last post, the sorts seems to be working. It's just that I can't determine where I am in the sorted list. If the movie i just added to my library is say for instance "The Green Hornet" , it should have the highest MediaFileID, which it does. The movie I added right before that was "Morning Glory" which has the second highest mediaFileID, which it does . If I then sort on "Newest Added First", and I have a total of 787 movies. I would then expect "The Green Hornet" to be 1/787 and then "Morning Glory" to be 2/787 when the list of now sorted movies is displayed. This is not the case. What I'm seeing is "The Green Hornet" as 623/787 and "Morning Glory" as 624/787. Now for some reason "Sex and the City" which does not have a higher MediaFileID than either "The Green Hornet" or "Morning Glory" shows up position 622/788

Below is a pull of the various media ID's with each of these 3 movies from BMT... As you can see I can't see any reason why "Sex and the city" would appear in the list before "The Green Hornet" and "Morning Glory". I've also attached a screen shot displaying how these movies are displayed as well

Sex and the city (position in list - 622)
Metadata ID - tt1000774
MediaFile ID - 685448
Airing ID - 801926
Sage Show ID - MF685448

Green Hornet (position in list - 623)
Metadata ID - tt0990407
MediaFile ID - 2451399
Airing ID - 2451402
Sage Show ID - MF2451399

Morning Glory (position in list - 624)
Metadata ID - tt1126618
MediaFile ID - 2434379
Airing ID - 2434383
Sage Show ID - MF2434379

So as you see the sort is basically working , i think just the display of the sorted list might be messed up somehow..

Hopefully this helps outline the issue a little better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sorting photo 2.jpg (525.4 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg sorting photo 3.jpg (526.5 KB, 275 views)

Last edited by Gustovier; 03-10-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, don't worry bout the name change (I agree its a little too picky).

But like i said after my edits in the last post, the sorts seems to be working. It's just that I can't determine where I am in the sorted list. If the movie i just added to my library is say for instance "The Green Hornet" , it should have the highest MediaFileID, which it does. The movie I added right before that was "Morning Glory" which has the second highest mediaFileID, which it does . If I then sort on "Release year Present to 1900", and I have a total of 787 movies. I would then expect "The Green Hornet" to be 1/787 and then "Morning Glory" to be 2/787 when the list of now sorted movies is displayed. This is not the case. What I'm seeing is "The Green Hornet" as 623/787 and "Morning Glory" as 624/787. Now for some reason "Sex and the City" which does not have a higher MediaFileID than either "The Green Hornet" or "Morning Glory" shows up position 622/788

Below is a pull of the various media ID's with each of these 3 movies from BMT... As you can see I can't see any reason why "Sex and the city" would appear in the list before "The Green Hornet" and "Morning Glory". I've also attached a screen shot displaying how these movies are displayed as well

Sex and the city (position in list - 622)
Metadata ID - tt1000774
MediaFile ID - 685448
Airing ID - 801926
Sage Show ID - MF685448

Green Hornet (position in list - 623)
Metadata ID - tt0990407
MediaFile ID - 2451399
Airing ID - 2451402
Sage Show ID - MF2451399

Morning Glory (position in list - 624)
Metadata ID - tt1126618
MediaFile ID - 2434379
Airing ID - 2434383
Sage Show ID - MF2434379

So as you see the sort is basically working , i think just the display of the sorted list might be messed up somehow..

Hopefully this helps outline the issue a little better
DOn't know what to say there isn't any way for the sorting to work and the display not they are one and the same. I just verified again on mine and they are all sorted correctly on both my sage servers with different files. I did find a issue in the original airing date that I fixed as well just now though.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
DOn't know what to say there isn't any way for the sorting to work and the display not they are one and the same. I just verified again on mine and they are all sorted correctly on both my sage servers with different files. I did find a issue in the original airing date that I fixed as well just now though.
I'm not understanding what your saying here. Are you saying that what I outlined and showed in my previous post is correct and by design? Or are you saying that what I showed is NOT correct, but you can't reproduce the problem on your system?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm not understanding what your saying here. Are you saying that what I outlined and showed in my previous post is correct and by design? Or are you saying that what I showed is NOT correct, but you can't reproduce the problem on your system?
I am saying media id sorting works.

OriginalAirDate will be fixed in the next build.

and not wise to post that you have movies that are obviously illegal.....
Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am saying media id sorting works.

OriginalAirDate will be fixed in the next build.

and not wise to post that you have movies that are obviously illegal.....
It's an R5 that are produced by the studios for sale to beat the pirates, they aren't illegal. I realize you were trying to help me there, and I appreciate the look out We'll drop this topic...

So with Media ID sorting.. Can you see from my screen shots that it was showing a movie with a lower MediaFile ID at a higher position in the movie list? Should that be when doing a "Newest Added First")? I'm trying to confirm that I'm not crazy and there is something wrong (somewhere within my setup, diamond, or a lil both..)

I'm still digging around to see if there's a reason to why this happening

Last edited by Gustovier; 03-10-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I made a typo in my last couple of postings, I said should that be happening with a "Year released Present to 1900" What I meant was with sorting "Newest Added First" since we are talking about MediaFileID sorting.. sorry if that added to the confusion. (I'll go back and edit it as well, so if you or anyone else re-reads it, it should make better sense)
Old 03-10-2011, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you sure you are looking at the mediafile id's I checked both my servers and they sort correctly