SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Feedback

Guys -

This is stunning. I was so impressed and my wife liked it so much that I am now running it full time on 2 hd300's 3 hd200's 1 client pc. There are a few things i have noticed are a bit strange which i will list out here in a second, but overall I am really diggin the layout, menu structure, and fluidity. Its awesome. I also really like how MEDIA is the center of everything. What i mean is the media is always the main focus of whatever you are doing. so if watching something and I hit home x 2 it brings up a beautiful overlayed home menu that is non intrusive and just looks clean!

issues so far
----------------
1) I have also noticed the fanart issue that wayner was talking about
2) when going into settings or detailed setup, upon exiting I am always reverted back to the stock ui. In order to get back into Phoenix i need to use the back button several times to back through the menus. (hopefully that makes sense)
3) When changing the aspect ratio mode while watching media, you actually have to press the button on the screen twice. for example. lets say it is on <source> if i press the button on the ui the aspect ratio will change to the next one in the list "fill" but the wording on the page doesn't change. if i press <source> button again on the ui, now the aspect ratio will remain fill because that was previously set, but the button text will finally change to read <fill>
4) comskip auto skip no longer works.

**Is there a list of plugins that are known to NOT work or cause issues with Phoenix ?

suggestions
-------------
1) Is it possible to enable the user to set the media that is filtered in a particular view, and make it "sticky" so that when returning to the menu item it will remain the way you set it? For example when i go into recordings i would like to be able to choose if i am looking at only recordings, or if i want to have recordings, imported TVShows, playon TV, etc. all in the same menu.
2) Is there a reason that "DVD" was left off of the movies menu?
3) program guide - can we use the channel icons rather than the call letters?
4) what do you all think about changing the online services sub menus to fit into the phoenix ui framework? Would def. be nice to have it be uniform with the rest.
5) Is it possible to give the user the flexibility in the UMB (i think is what you are calling it) to set the number of line items they can see. for example if i wanted to have more than 5 items on a page i wanted to have 10 with smaller text?

Thats all i can think of right now. Since the wife and I are using this full time on all tv's I have asked her, and she agreed to keep a list of anything that comes up and in her opinion is ODD or not working properly. I will continue to provide feedback.

Thanks again guys for letting me be part of this beta test!!

stuckless - with the newest version of bmt, i have noticed that after installing phoenix, the find metadata has been working MUCH more accurately for me, however when it downloads fanart now it seem slike it defaults to some other language...so i get russian or something like that, and english. any idea?

~PiX64 (Mike)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
2) when going into settings or detailed setup, upon exiting I am always reverted back to the stock ui. In order to get back into Phoenix i need to use the back button several times to back through the menus. (hopefully that makes sense)
It does make sense, but if you get in that situation you can always hit 'Home' to get back to Phoenix. We will eventually ship a UI import for the default UI that will make it a little more Phoenix friendly, but that's pretty low on the list.

Quote:
3) When changing the aspect ratio mode while watching media, you actually have to press the button on the screen twice. for example. lets say it is on <source> if i press the button on the ui the aspect ratio will change to the next one in the list "fill" but the wording on the page doesn't change. if i press <source> button again on the ui, now the aspect ratio will remain fill because that was previously set, but the button text will finally change to read <fill>
I have seen this also, but never did anything about it since I almost always use Source. We'll fix this. If you use an Aspect key from the OSD it will cycle through them also.

Quote:
4) comskip auto skip no longer works.
Yep, auto comskip is on the list of things to do. But manual comskip should be working.

Quote:
**Is there a list of plugins that are known to NOT work or cause issues with Phoenix ?
None of the 'UI Modification' plugins are compatible - in fact they shouldn't even load when you are running phoenix. Of course, if we do our job right you won't need any plugins

Quote:
1) Is it possible to enable the user to set the media that is filtered in a particular view, and make it "sticky" so that when returning to the menu item it will remain the way you set it? For example when i go into recordings i would like to be able to choose if i am looking at only recordings, or if i want to have recordings, imported TVShows, playon TV, etc. all in the same menu.
We have some work to do in this area - but eventually you will get all of that stickyness and flexability. For now, if you want to build your own view and Point the UMB at it, you can at least customize your experience. I expect stuckless will have a post soon about defining views - this is by far the most amazing part of Phoenix as far as I'm concerned - the flexibility is squee worthy.
Quote:
2) Is there a reason that "DVD" was left off of the movies menu?
It's 2011. Who watches DVD anymore? We'll add that in for the next go round.

Quote:
3) program guide - can we use the channel icons rather than the call letters?
Yep, that's a planned enhancement.

Quote:
4) what do you all think about changing the online services sub menus to fit into the phoenix ui framework? Would def. be nice to have it be uniform with the rest.
We are working on online videos - I don't know when you'll see them incorporated into the UMB but it will be sooner rather than later.

Quote:
5) Is it possible to give the user the flexibility in the UMB (i think is what you are calling it) to set the number of line items they can see. for example if i wanted to have more than 5 items on a page i wanted to have 10 with smaller text?
That will come eventually. Tweakability like that is kind of baked in from the front (since we know what we are doing ) however the UI that exposes that kind of control is not there yet.

I'm glad you like it so far - it will only get better from here!
btl.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Sage Icon

HAHA!

DVD's from my collection of course i have over 400

:-D
Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

When watching TV shows that are recorded delete and set watched or any delete for that matter from the OSD when playback finished doesn't actually remove the title from the list of available shows to watch. when clicking on the show you just deleted (on accident) it takes you to live tv and doesn't actually start live tv..it just sits there.

use case
-----------
TV -> TV Shows -> How I met Your Mother -> (ep1, ep2, ep3 ... epn) -> watch ep1.

- ep 1 finishes
- menu displayed to user to delete.
- user chooses delete, or delete and set watched, etc.
- media deleted
- user returned to recording list above.
- menu reads:
TV -> TV Shows -> How I met Your Mother -> (ep1, ep2, ep3 ... epn)
- accidentally watch ep 1 again
- live tv pop up, and nothing happens.

now if you leave the recordings menu and come back, the deleted title in this case ep1 will no longer show up.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When watching TV shows that are recorded delete and set watched or any delete for that matter from the OSD when playback finished doesn't actually remove the title from the list of available shows to watch. when clicking on the show you just deleted (on accident) it takes you to live tv and doesn't actually start live tv..it just sits there.

use case
-----------
TV -> TV Shows -> How I met Your Mother -> (ep1, ep2, ep3 ... epn) -> watch ep1.

- ep 1 finishes
- menu displayed to user to delete.
- user chooses delete, or delete and set watched, etc.
- media deleted
- user returned to recording list above.
- menu reads:
TV -> TV Shows -> How I met Your Mother -> (ep1, ep2, ep3 ... epn)
- accidentally watch ep 1 again
- live tv pop up, and nothing happens.

now if you leave the recordings menu and come back, the deleted title in this case ep1 will no longer show up.
Thanks that's a known issue as well... it might actually be fixed in the codebase that I have (but not yet released). If not, then it is something that we are aware of and we're trying to fix.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Sage Icon

Found one more which may or maynot have been mentioned.

when looking at "TV Shows" if you go to a single episode and use the delete button on the remote, the normal dialog will show up. if selecting delete and set watched the "OK" button will come up BUT it is HUGE! it covers the entire screen pretty much.

also it doesnt' appear to be functional. You can press ok, but nothing actually happens when doing so. the box will go away and the show will NOT delete.

~PiX64
Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep, deleting is hit and miss right now. It will be a lot better in the next release.

FYI - that super huge button is the 'delete failed' dialog - so something is preventing you from deleting that episode - it might be in use somewhere else!

btl.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Sage Icon

My wife found a few others:

IF you have impoted TV you can't just delete it at the end of playback. you are never prompted to. (This may be because i had it set at archived in BMT..) But was does happen when hitting ok, then going to advaced options, then choosing to delete the recording, Phoenix will in fact delete it, but it will dump you out to the home screen. I know Bialio said it was kind of hit or miss with deleting right now, but i thought it was note worthy to bring up anyways.

I also noticed that a few of the options in the "info" view have the text running off the bottom of the page. This may have been mentioned already by someone else, and if it has i apologize for the duplicate.

~PiX64
Old 03-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I also noticed that a few of the options in the "info" view have the text running off the bottom of the page. This may have been mentioned already by someone else, and if it has i apologize for the duplicate.

~PiX64
I've noticed this especially with the Status Menu/System Status
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SystemStaus.JPG (91.8 KB, 158 views)
Old 03-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Sage Icon

One thing i noticed which is a minor annoyance at best is that when scrolling through the program guide you can't see what is currently recording, unless you actually have the program which is recording or set to record in focus.

Does it make sense maybe to allow the user to see what is currently recording and what is set to record in the future when looking at the Tv Guide?

I know that my wife and i like to be able to see (as diamond, and standard STV do) which programs are recordings, vs favorites, etc.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
I've noticed this especially with the Status Menu/System Status
Thanks. This is already fixed for the next update.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Also, if you have a list of shows (say about 30) and you are watching the 20th down the list with 21 being the next one that you will queue up, when you're done watching 20, it pops you back to the beginning of the list and you have to scroll down to the 21st position to select the next show.

I hope that description makes sense. It would be nice if the last show selected could persist after the show is over.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

I have looked through the doc. and i cannot seem to find the setting i am looking for.

All i want to do is be able to lock down imported media (DVD, Bluray, Music, Imported TV Shows) So that users can't accidentaly delete them. I notice that when watching imported TV, or any imported media for that matter, it still gives me the option to delete and set watched.

is there any way to change that?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

There aren't any protections yet on if and when delete can be used. There will be eventually.

Watched-UnWatched is not something we have full control over, so we probably won't limit that.

btl.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

understandable. I like the ability to set imported tv/dvd/etc to watched, but deleting is no good :-)
Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Sage Icon

I see that BMT handles mutlidisc sets now and allows you to set the disc number.

is it possible to see this or show the metadata for it in phoenix? so for like LOTR The fellowship of the ring i have the 4 disc set and would love to see disc 1, disc2, etc. rather than LOTR 4 times in a row.

... just a thought
Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see that BMT handles mutlidisc sets now and allows you to set the disc number.

is it possible to see this or show the metadata for it in phoenix? so for like LOTR The fellowship of the ring i have the 4 disc set and would love to see disc 1, disc2, etc. rather than LOTR 4 times in a row.

... just a thought
The DISC field has existed in Phoenix since version 1.0

It's mainly used in cases where you have multi-part movies (ie, Movie-cd1.avi, Movie-cd2.avi), but you can manually set the Disc number as well.

I'm not sure if Phoenix uses the GetFormattedTItle api but if it does, then that API will return a title like "LOTR Disc 01" instead of just LOTR.

Just the same it might be a good idea to add Disc # to the media details, if it exists.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I'll take a look at that tonight. I had to do stuff for work last night.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

Come on MeInMaui...work

we need to get our priorities straight! :-D

you guys truly are doing an amzing job. I just wish i wasn't so busy with 2 jobs already or i would offer to help out on the coding. :-(

stupid work!