SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV Show Title Doesn't Match BMT Show/Fanart Title

I am having an issue that has been plaguing me for a while. As the title of the thread says, my SageTV show title and BMT show/fanart title do not match in some cases. This happens mainly (perhaps exclusively) on shows that I have added to my MediaTitles.xml file. For example, the show Super WHY! is listed as "Super Why!" in the Sage EPG and creates a file that looks like "SuperWhy-...". So I have a match entry in my MediaTitles.xml that fetches the correct show data based upon the file name. And it must be working because when I go into the BMT web interface and click on the show it shows "Super WHY!" for the Fanart title and "Super WHY!" for the show title and has all of the correct metadata [see BMT-title-03.png]. However, some of the shows in the BMT web UI are listed under a "Super Why!" grouping and some are listed in a "Super WHY!" [see BMT-title-01.png] grouping (not sure why some are fine and others are not). Likewise in SageTV. This means that SageTV is actually treating these as 2 separate shows.
Recently, this happened to me with The Amazing Race as well. The EPG show title is "The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business", but I have it setup to find "The Amazing Race" on tvdb. It works properly and returns all of the correct metadata. The show and fanart title are "The Amazing Race" in the BMT info but are filed under "The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business" grouping.
To make matters weirder, I tried to 'force' BMT/Sage to update the show title by simply clicking on the "Save" button in the BMT editor. This seemed to temporarily work, but the next day the shows were back to being filed under their EPG name. The metadata in BMT still looked fine.
Hope that makes sense. I have attached some pictures that will hopefully help. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png BMT-title-01.png (230.4 KB, 407 views)
File Type: png BMT-title-02.png (27.8 KB, 391 views)
File Type: png BMT-title-03.png (38.1 KB, 395 views)
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what would be causing this issue. I can see cases where BMT will set a different fanart title than the main title. But bmt doesn't typically overwrite items that have metadata, so i don't know why your titles are being reset.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any guesses as to what this could be? My understanding is that the value in the "Show Title" field in BMT should be the exact same as SageTV's show title value. I wonder what would cause them to be different in the first place. It is the biggest deal for Super WHY! since that is in heavy rotation at our house and my wife has to hunt for the right show. Let me know if I can provide any more detail on this.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Any guesses as to what this could be? My understanding is that the value in the "Show Title" field in BMT should be the exact same as SageTV's show title value. I wonder what would cause them to be different in the first place. It is the biggest deal for Super WHY! since that is in heavy rotation at our house and my wife has to hunt for the right show. Let me know if I can provide any more detail on this.
If you don't have Preserve Original Metadata enabled, then BMT will overwrite the show title with the TVDB show title. I tend to leave Preserve Original Metadata enabled so that I get season/episode information from tvdb, but it doesn't touch anything else.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If you don't have Preserve Original Metadata enabled, then BMT will overwrite the show title with the TVDB show title. I tend to leave Preserve Original Metadata enabled so that I get season/episode information from tvdb, but it doesn't touch anything else.
there was also a bug a couple versions ago where preserve original metadata didnt actually preserve the original metadata... once this was fixed up i had 2 series for a couple of my shows too... i had to go and correct the ones that bmt messed up... and ever since the bug was fixed and i fixed up hte messed up ones things have been hunky dory...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well I just checked and I do NOT have the Preserve Original Metadata box checked? Should I try that. My logic says that would only exacerbate the issue.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well I just checked and I do NOT have the Preserve Original Metadata box checked? Should I try that. My logic says that would only exacerbate the issue.
my recommendation would be to
-check the "Preserve original metadata" box
-manually go through and fix the old videos to match the title in the epg. Only fix the "Show Title", leave the "Fanart Title" alone.

Then, going forward, youl'll be all set...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
my recommendation would be to
-check the "Preserve original metadata" box
-manually go through and fix the old videos to match the title in the epg. Only fix the "Show Title", leave the "Fanart Title" alone.

Then, going forward, youl'll be all set...
Thanks for your reply. Perhaps you are misunderstanding what I would like to do (or I am misunderstanding you ). I would actually prefer the tvdb show titles that BMT fetches to be the show title in Sage. With Super WHY! it is not a huge deal (since the difference is only capitalization), but with shows like The Amazing Race it makes a difference since in the EPG it has a different name every season. The bottom line is that it seems like BMT is doing its job correctly, but for some reason Sage is not picking up on this metadata and is 'reverting' to information from the EPG.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Perhaps you are misunderstanding what I would like to do (or I am misunderstanding you ). I would actually prefer the tvdb show titles that BMT fetches to be the show title in Sage. With Super WHY! it is not a huge deal (since the difference is only capitalization), but with shows like The Amazing Race it makes a difference since in the EPG it has a different name every season. The bottom line is that it seems like BMT is doing its job correctly, but for some reason Sage is not picking up on this metadata and is 'reverting' to information from the EPG.
I'm not sure what would be changing the show titles back. Perhaps because these are recordings, sagetv is "reverting" the show name back to the EPG value. I realize it's frustrating, but I'm not sure there is much that I can do about it within BMT

Tags
bmt, show, title