SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

broken metadata download ?

when downloading images of tv series i get only "broken images" with a file size of 1kb each, no matter which series i download. noticed this problem, with the latest version of BMT (4.9.12)
In the log i found a java error during restart of the sage server (attached below)

java.lang.NullPointerException at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager$FileMatcherXmlBuilder.endElement(FileMatcherManager.java:77) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager.buildMatchers(FileMatcherManager.java:97) at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager.visitConfigurationFile(FileMatcherManager.java:194) at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.visitFiles(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:100) at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.accept(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:73) at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager.loadConfigurations(FileMatcherManager.java:207) at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.initServices(Phoenix.java:261) at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.<clinit>(Phoenix.java:71) at sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.<init>(PhoenixPlugin.java:70) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.a(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.if(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.for(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.<init>(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.int(Unknown Source) at sage.SageTV.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas what goes wrong here ?
regards
hoep

Clients: 3 x MediaMVP, 2 x HD-300, 4 x SageTV Client

Old 04-06-2011, 04:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoep View Post
when downloading images of tv series i get only "broken images" with a file size of 1kb each, no matter which series i download. noticed this problem, with the latest version of BMT (4.9.12)
In the log i found a java error during restart of the sage server (attached below)

java.lang.NullPointerException at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager$FileMatcherXmlBuilder.endElement(FileMatcherManager.java:77) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager.buildMatchers(FileMatcherManager.java:97) at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager.visitConfigurationFile(FileMatcherManager.java:194) at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.visitFiles(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:100) at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.accept(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:73) at sagex.phoenix.metadata.search.FileMatcherManager.loadConfigurations(FileMatcherManager.java:207) at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.initServices(Phoenix.java:261) at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.<clinit>(Phoenix.java:71) at sagex.phoenix.plugin.PhoenixPlugin.<init>(PhoenixPlugin.java:70) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.a(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.if(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.for(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.<init>(Unknown Source) at sage.plugin.a.int(Unknown Source) at sage.SageTV.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas what goes wrong here ?
regards
hoep
As for the first issue... could you attach the the 1k file? Typically if you are getting 1k files, it means the tvdb server returned something other than a file.

The second issue appears to be an invalid xml file for your MediaTitles. It appears that you have <regex> element that is not inside a <match> element. If you post your xml contents, I can take a look.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

stuckless - thank you for your support. i noticed the issue with the mediatitles.xml and fixed it, the problem with the 1k download remains. i attach 2 files here.. one for the episode and one for a background picture file.
i changed the extension to .txt as the uploader noticed a broken image file - the original files were ".jpg"
content of the file is some hmtl code.. i have no idea what causes this..

thanks for any hint in the right direction.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 02d45a06ed59ec3040460c79994797d3-72546-23.jpg.txt (178 Bytes, 221 views)
File Type: txt 0019.jpg.txt (178 Bytes, 208 views)

Old 04-06-2011, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
stuckless - thank you for your support. i noticed the issue with the mediatitles.xml and fixed it, the problem with the 1k download remains. i attach 2 files here.. one for the episode and one for a background picture file.
i changed the extension to .txt as the uploader noticed a broken image file - the original files were ".jpg"
content of the file is some hmtl code.. i have no idea what causes this..

thanks for any hint in the right direction.
Thanks for the files. It would appear that the urls that the fanart provider is giving us are redirect urls. My code doesn't follow the redirect, so, I end up downloading the "html" that is sent back.

I think I'll need to make some adjustments to the download manager to ensure that it follows redirects.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for that info - but i noticed that this appears with the day, when i updated the plugin, so it might be a new issue..

as i understand it's not a misconfiguration issue..

thank you for your help
hoep

Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

It isn't just BMT, I googled this problem and other metadata tools are having problems with thetvdb.com since changes at the weekend. And I'm not sure simply following the redirects will cure this, from threads on thetvdb.com's own forums it seems some of the redirects may be looping: -

Here's an example thread.

Edit: Incidentally, for reasons which are clear from that thread, I first started seeing problems with banners, but now it's everything.

Last edited by fac13; 04-06-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for the info.. did not notice that..

Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

With a bit of luck they'll regress the change.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

hopefully .. let's wait and see

Old 04-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

is there any workaround for this issue yet? I just installed BMT and it looks really promising but with TVDB creating broken files, and IMDB providing links and no actual images I get no fan art except for what My Movies downloaded the last time I used that in my movies area (about a year ago now).

So suffice it to say, I have some old posters that are present in my movies folders, some art that gets downloaded into userdata/phoenix/fanart/movies... but nothing that is useable for recordings (userdata/phoenix/fanart/tv).

Looking for a workaround, any other service to use?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Speak and the gods listen...
It looks like the fanart issue is resolved now. I am getting real fanart once again.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

i have still the 1k downloads... so for me it's not working

Old 04-10-2011, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There hasn't been a new release to address the issue yet. I'm not even sure there is anything i can do.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

i understood - the hope was that tvdb went back to not redirecting... as it seems that a lot of fanart tools seem to have problems with the new rewrite mechanism of tvdb

Old 04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There hasn't been a new release to address the issue yet. I'm not even sure there is anything i can do.

How are you going about getting the images via http? Your right in that whatever it is, it's not following the redirects correctly. Maybe I can help figure out something but I need to understand how it's working now.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
How are you going about getting the images via http? Your right in that whatever it is, it's not following the redirects correctly. Maybe I can help figure out something but I need to understand how it's working now.
It's pretty simple really. In the xml, they give me an http link to images... I open a HttpUrlConnection to the image, and download. Java has automatic follow redirects, so if they are sending back a 301, then java should just reconnect to the new location. It could be that the follow redirects has been disabled, so in the new code, I'm explicitly setting the follow redirects per connection.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's pretty simple really. In the xml, they give me an http link to images... I open a HttpUrlConnection to the image, and download. Java has automatic follow redirects, so if they are sending back a 301, then java should just reconnect to the new location. It could be that the follow redirects has been disabled, so in the new code, I'm explicitly setting the follow redirects per connection.
Ok so you are doing "conn.setInstanceFollowRedirects(true); " then, so did that resolve the problem in your new code base?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Ok so you are doing "conn.setInstanceFollowRedirects(true); " then, so did that resolve the problem in your new code base?
That's what the code is setting now... but I haven't tested this yet in my work area. I've busy with other non-sage related things lately

If someone can provide a show that definately fails, then that'll make it quicker.. right now, I'd have to do trial and error until I find one
Old 04-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That's what the code is setting now... but I haven't tested this yet in my work area. I've busy with other non-sage related things lately

If someone can provide a show that definately fails, then that'll make it quicker.. right now, I'd have to do trial and error until I find one

Sons of Anarchy definately fails for me..
Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 AM
SageTVaholic

The Killing (2011) fails and gets the 1kb redirects. Just tried again manually to get it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.