SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Commercial Detector Not Working On Client

Hello. I just setup a friend with a SageTV Server and Client. Commercial Detector is setup and running fine on the server (as is Commercial Detector UI and comskip playback). It is generating .edl, .txt, etc. files and playback with comskip is working on the server. The Client, however, is not working. We have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled Commercial Detector UI (with Commercial Detector and comskip playback dependencies) on the client. We are using UNC paths for recording directories. In Windows, the client can see/browse the network share of the recording directory of the Comskip files. Auto skip is enabled on the client. Still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? My next move (if I don't get better suggestions) will be to completely uninstall SageTV on the client and remove the SageTV folder and start over again. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

The setup sounds OK. What exactly do you mean by "not working"? Does the client see the .edl files or not? Do you see any commercial bars in the timeline?

Some things to check:

1. Is the "CS" icon displayed next to recordings that have a .edl or .txt file? If it is not it means the Client can't see the .edl or .txt.

2. Was the recording directory set to a local drive (C:\...) before changing it to a UNC path (\\ServerName\Directory)? If it was the recordings will still have the local path. Only files recorded after you changed the rec dir to the UNC path will be visible to the Client.

3. Double check that the UNC path selected as a recording directory is correct.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Tom, I will have to double check with him on a couple of things, but my understanding is that on the client there are no commercial bars in the timeline. So I would also assume (but do not know for sure) that there are no CS icons either. I was wise enough to start with UNC paths from the get go specifically so Commercial Detector would work out of the box, so I am confused as to why it is not. Commercial Detector is apparently working fine on the server because there are edl, txt, etc. files and he sees commercial bars during playback on the server. I am not sure how the UNC path for recordings could be incorrect (without noticing immediately). Recordings are saving to the path as are the edl, txt, etc. files. His UNC path is "\\jtoombs-pc\media\tv". Could the dash be screwing up things? Does a UNC path that is not directly mapped to a share mess things up? In other words, he is sharing the folder "media" and all of it's subfolders (which includes tv), but he is not sharing the tv folder directly. Lastly, could it be possible the Commercial Detector is case sensitive even though SageTV is not when it comes to UNC paths?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 AM
SageTVaholic

The hyphen in the name should not matter. I'm not certain about being case sensitive, but I would assume it is.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the replies. He reported to me that it is working today. It must have been reinstalling the plugins that did the trick. For some reason he didn't see the update immediately. Now he is getting comskip playback. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Thanks for the replies. He reported to me that it is working today. It must have been reinstalling the plugins that did the trick. For some reason he didn't see the update immediately. Now he is getting comskip playback. Thanks.

Tags
client, commercial detector, comskip, setup